Chris Wilder - we expect an apology

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When he comes back in, the first thing I want to hear is “I am sorry”. He left us when we were down in the shit with no explanation, didn’t even say goodbye. Hopefully he can be the better man and talk about what happened.

All he needs to say is “I know I messed up and I’m sorry for that, but I’m back and here to make a change to get us fighting”. Would be much appreciated.
I don't think he needs to apologise, ultimately the club didn't apologise to him for all the shit they put him through that came out during the court case. He handled the final year really badly, before that he did everything to deserve legend status.

When he comes back in, the first thing I want to hear is “I am sorry”. He left us when we were down in the shit with no explanation, didn’t even say goodbye. Hopefully he can be the better man and talk about what happened.

All he needs to say is “I know I messed up and I’m sorry for that, but I’m back and here to make a change to get us fighting”. Would be much appreciated.
I shan't hold my breath🤔.
Ill be back to apologise if humility steps forward though.👍

Why would he apologise?

Why would he talk about it?

The man was sacked and moved on. He never said a word about us. He never went into Talksport and did an interview.

He stayed quiet.

For some reason at the time the fans were furious until PA did a talk sport interview and we turned on him. It’s football it happens. Just move forward.
Because the Fans of the club would probably like/expect him to, it's part of his job.

Under Wilder, we were losing every week, awful, similar to now. I heard many at Burnley telling Hecky to "resign, fuck off, have some self-respect, do us all a favour" etc.

Wilder did exactly that and then is accused of walking out the back door and leaving us in the shit. Results improved after he left and we went down in a better place as a result. How on earth is a manager supposed to leave this club without criticism?

What an incredibly entitled and bratty title

Wilder remains firmly in credit overall at SUFC

But I do think that an acknowledgement regarding some of his conduct in his final months would be a wise thing to do to help get the fans onside as much as possible

He's never going to go into any detail about his departure because it just opens it up to further criticism.
If someone doesn't like you, then it's irrelevant what you say, people look for an angle to criticise.

Also don't think he'll directly apologise because that would suggest he's done something wrong where as it's never a simple as that. Also it looks a bit grovelly and amateurish wanting to be forgiven....Wilder will know fans are fickle...a few good results and everyone is back on side.

Pretty sure he'll mention the unfortunate circumstances of his departure....a kind of explanation/ apology.
He'll say that people fall out in relationships but it's vital to reflect on what could have been done differently or better.
He'll mention that he's always had massive respect for the Prince and they've patched things over and have an excellent relationship.

He'll say the toughness and mental strain he suffered during the covid lockdown and playing behind closed doors without the fans.
He'll mention how he's learnt so much from his experiences in his final season at Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough and even Watford
Probably say something about the importance of learning from failures as well as successes
and he feels he returns as a much better, more experienced manager than before.

He'll also talk about his massive motivation to succeed, he wants to thank the Prince for giving him a 2nd chance
Then he'll do his battle cry about how the fans can play their part, lets be honest he was brilliant at this.
He'll mention that he can't guarantee results and we might still be relegated but he can promise the players will give 100%
and he'll be working on tactics to win games, he'll say we might still be relegated but he's going to give it a good go.
Kin ell ! Are you his bleedin agent.?

You don’t get paid if you quit. Not how contracts work.
Don't be so naive.
The owners hand was forced by Wilders' petulant rantings and blaming everyone. The term is 'mutual consent'.
He never came out in public about what happened because of confidentiality clauses but he got his mates on Twitter, etc to do his dirty work by airing their bias views via social media.
Why would the owner sack him when he publicly backed him and committed to Wilder in getting us back up again?
utb

And that will change what?

However it’s portrayed it’s a backward move by a club and owners in a downward spiral. Prince is making sure he’s hanging on to the PL rewards while back door aWilder will put together a cheap team to fight to be a mediocre Championship club void of young players coming through and foreiners.

Don't hold your breath.
Anyway, give it two to three months and he'll be walking out again with a nice new payout, blaming everyone except himself.
Maybe he'll kill two birds with one stone and say 'sorry' then? We all know his ego won't allow that, though.
Think we all need to remember that the owner came out in public in tryIng to convince Wilder to stay before he walked out the back door but he wasn't having it. He wanted his £4m pay-off.
utb

The only risk he’s taking is further damage to his reputation. His excuses are obvious, not my team, already down more or less, no money, some didn’t want me, poisonous atmosphere (and if we believe Mendi )some at BL we’re openly against me from the start.

Still, if it’s him, let’s hope he can find the fairy dust to sprinkle over the squad again and give us back some pride and belief again, irrespective of what the Jug Eared Cunt and the Geordie Hypocrite say.

Last edited:

No good will come from a public war between Wilder and the Prince. It's the opposite to what is needed. Save it for the books.

Who’s we? Don’t talk about all of us. He owes us absolutely nothing. He took us from an absolute shambles of a squad to pushing for Europe in 3 and a half years. It was a rise that I never thought I’d see in football ever again never mind being at our club.

Some of the best experiences I’ve ever had following the Blades.

If I’m honest I think he had a bit of a breakdown in the final season. There was no break between the seasons, along with no fans. It was a weird weird time and let’s not forget he’s only human.

We were talking about him being the next Brian Clough before that final season and we really did think he was the messiah.

So my message to Wilder is that we don’t require an apology and I’d like to thank you for the great times. Now let’s crack on and get these players playing again with some passion.

We need to forget almost everything from before. We are where we are, looking back at the exit helps nobody. Neither does people having the idea he will also waltz in and turn things around akin to last time.

I don't expect or want any sort of apology. Only he and one or two others above him will know what really went off. Given all we know about PA can you honestly say you'd want to work for him? Not sure I would.

So long as he gets us playing some actual football and competing again he'll do for now.

I've no issue with him walking out if he felt he'd taken us as far as he could, and couldn't improve performances Gave the club enough time to do proper research on a replacement.

What I do have a problem with, is asking for a payoff when it was him that walked. As the Prince said in an interview - they rejected his resignation at least twice, and when he asked for a pay off, the Prince initially refused, sighting they hadn't sacked him - he couldn't ask for comp when he'd chosen to walk. The cheek and audacity of Wilder to do that, to a club he loves, left a very bitter taste for me.

But we'll not get an apology. Maybe something along the lines of he has unfinished business here. But that's about it. Just crack on and get on with it.

Wilder should get a round in for the entire kop. Mine's a Perroni Chris. And a bag of cheese n onion.

I've no issue with him walking out if he felt he'd taken us as far as he could, and couldn't improve performances Gave the club enough time to do proper research on a replacement.

What I do have a problem with, is asking for a payoff when it was him that walked. As the Prince said in an interview - they rejected his resignation at least twice, and when he asked for a pay off, the Prince initially refused, sighting they hadn't sacked him - he couldn't ask for comp when he'd chosen to walk. The cheek and audacity of Wilder to do that, to a club he loves, left a very bitter taste for me.

But we'll not get an apology. Maybe something along the lines of he has unfinished business here. But that's about it. Just crack on and get on with it.
We've only got the Prince's version of what happened, not Wilder's. For some reason, quite a few people are taking the Prince's version as the gospel truth. There is another side.

Whatever, it's in the past now. We should all get behind him and the team.

We've only got the Prince's version of what happened, not Wilder's. For some reason, quite a few people are taking the Prince's version as the gospel truth. There is another side.

Whatever, it's in the past now. We should all get behind him and the team.
True, but if PA's statement was that way off the mark, I reckon we might have had some 'unofficial' rumblings of a response somehow or other from the other side, not necessarily from Wider himself.

But anyway, I'm in the undecided camp. I don't not want him back, but at the same time won't get over enthusiastic thinking he's the messiah either. So long as he doesn't automatically reinstate the old guard like Fleck and Osborne, thinking they're the answer, I'll give him all the support I can.

Reactions: Dkc

I’d quite like a hand written letter with a full explanation for John Lundstram. 🙏

Same here. It was bizarre as he surely could see Lunny was mugging him off with the performances he was putting in.

Back
Top Bottom