Chris Wilder - we expect an apology

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Under Wilder, we were losing every week, awful, similar to now. I heard many at Burnley telling Hecky to "resign, fuck off, have some self-respect, do us all a favour" etc.

Wilder did exactly that and then is accused of walking out the back door and leaving us in the shit. Results improved after he left and we went down in a better place as a result. How on earth is a manager supposed to leave this club without criticism?

I don't think Wilder lost the players at any stage. We were losing by one or two goals every week but I never thought the effort wasn't there. I felt the same with Hecky until Newcastle, Arsenal, Bournemouth and Burnley. Maybe West Ham. The players had downed tools. I can accept not being good enough, providing the fight is there.

What's done is done.

I would prefer he just cracks on and sorts this fucking team out. We could be in for another humbling on Wednesday without a serious amount of work between now and then.

Good to see he's galvanising the fanbase already

He would at least need to come in and own his mistakes from last time. It doesn't have to be a blunt "I'm sorry" but some sort of admission that he wasn't in the right frame of mind last time.

I don't think Wilder lost the players at any stage. We were losing by one or two goals every week but I never thought the effort wasn't there. I felt the same with Hecky until Newcastle, Arsenal, Bournemouth and Burnley. Maybe West Ham. The players had downed tools. I can accept not being good enough, providing the fight is there.

The effort was there apart from 1 tosser in the middle of the park who kept getting picked for some unknown reason.

Who’s we? Don’t talk about all of us. He owes us absolutely nothing. He took us from an absolute shambles of a squad to pushing for Europe in 3 and a half years. It was a rise that I never thought I’d see in football ever again never mind being at our club.

Some of the best experiences I’ve ever had following the Blades.

If I’m honest I think he had a bit of a breakdown in the final season. There was no break between the seasons, along with no fans. It was a weird weird time and let’s not forget he’s only human.

We were talking about him being the next Brian Clough before that final season and we really did think he was the messiah.

So my message to Wilder is that we don’t require an apology and I’d like to thank you for the great times. Now let’s crack on and get these players playing again with some passion.
FB_IMG_1700609111176.jpg

Still think the majority of our fanbase don't want him back
Think you'll find if he gets some fight/ desire and a resemblance of a playing style back - the sway in his favour will be instantaneous.

Nobody with a brain cell as a single thing against Hecky- what he said was true- 'He can walk out with his head held high' of course he can - he got us promoted with a very average team plus Ndiaye, he was not properly backed.

But....

It had to be changed - it's gone way too stale- Chris will not keep us up - but he will freshen it up and if he does OK- we go into next season better.

All the best Hecky - thanks for 2 good seasons.

Good luck Chris- shake it up and lets see a bit of passion.

Lets face it - Alan Shearer doesn't say much that we agree with buy by eck he was 100% right on saturdays MOTD - we were a disgrace.

When he comes back in, the first thing I want to hear is “I am sorry”. He left us when we were down in the shit with no explanation, didn’t even say goodbye. Hopefully he can be the better man and talk about what happened.

All he needs to say is “I know I messed up and I’m sorry for that, but I’m back and here to make a change to get us fighting”. Would be much appreciated.
I think he may say something along those lines but don’t forget that he was unable to tell us exactly what happened due to a no -disclosure agreement.
I just hope we can all move in. The Prince and Wilder have obviously both admitted mistakes and let’s hope we can get somewhere near the success they generated previously.
Personally my thanks to Wilder for transforming our club far outweighs any frustration at how he left.

Who’s we? Don’t talk about all of us. He owes us absolutely nothing. He took us from an absolute shambles of a squad to pushing for Europe in 3 and a half years. It was a rise that I never thought I’d see in football ever again never mind being at our club.

He benefitted from us as much as we did with him.

He was at Oxford United before we gave him a big promotion and salary increase (more than once). Best case otherwise was Charlton.

Mutually beneficial arrangement, which McCabe instigated.

In a way both suffered set backs which pushed them to the edge

Wilder lost out on Henderson then we lost Oconnel to injury and Hecky had Ndiaye leave and lost Egan and Basham for the season

We aren't what you call a lucky club

really mixed feelings about all this. I think wilder was a broken man when he left. And hasnt been the same since. So unless he has really got his act together i can only see this ending in tears yet again

Wilder shouldn't get this job, to much damaged was done by him.

When he comes back in, the first thing I want to hear is “I am sorry”. He left us when we were down in the shit with no explanation, didn’t even say goodbye. Hopefully he can be the better man and talk about what happened.

All he needs to say is “I know I messed up and I’m sorry for that, but I’m back and here to make a change to get us fighting”. Would be much appreciated.
And if the apology is not forthcoming, will you squeeme and squeeme and squeeme ?

UTB

to avoid relegation on his CV…
I’m sorry to go in on you here but this is the most ridiculous comment made in football in general.

Do you think prospective employers are that thick that because CW wasn’t manager at the point we were confirmed as ‘relegated’ that they don’t realise he was in charge of a relegated team?!

“Didn’t want relegation on his CV” is one of those moronic phrases used in football. It winds me up.

I’m sorry to go in on you here but this is the most ridiculous comment made in football in general.

Do you think prospective employers are that thick that because CW wasn’t manager at the point we were confirmed as ‘relegated’ that they don’t realise he was in charge of a relegated team?!

“Didn’t want relegation on his CV” is one of those moronic phrases used in football. It winds me up.
Ok.

The saying a leopard doesn’t change his spots seems appropriate here. I expect nothing from him but lies and bullshit. The bloke will only ever look after his own self interest and has a high value of his own self importance. An apology will not be forthcoming. I’m sure it’ll be all about how much of a massive (bellend) Blade he is!

Maybe he could apologise in advance for beating Derby's record low points total

really mixed feelings about all this. I think wilder was a broken man when he left. And hasnt been the same since. So unless he has really got his act together i can only see this ending in tears yet again

99% of manager jobs end in tears eventually. He'll probably say he's learnt so much from the time when he left and his recent failures and he comes back a much better manager than before. Heard several pro managers say they learnt more in failure than in success.

The only question to consider is.....will we improve under Wilder and the answer is yes, very much so.
I'm even prepared to put money on it (£10) to donate to this website.

However it's not much of a bet because we're currently the worse performing Sheff United side in our history
and one of the worse performing top flight sides in league history. We can't string 3 or 4 passes together, don't have any tactics to try and win and look like we're going to lose every match between 3-0 and 8-0, never known anything like it, at least there's no pre match or in-game nerves. It's an incredibly low bar to beat....so it's obvious there will be a big improvement under Wilder.

As much as starting a sentence with 'So' 🤣

I think this thread has run its course. Whatever is put on it aint worth a pitcher of warm piss now. I want this Club back and fighting. I dont mind us losing , or going down- but FFS lets do it with some dignity. We all know that we are in this position not becos of Wilder or Hecky but becos the Prince of Darkness is a tool. So lets get behind the Team, give us something to cheer about in the future fixtures lads

The saying a leopard doesn’t change his spots seems appropriate here. I expect nothing from him but lies and bullshit. The bloke will only ever look after his own self interest and has a high value of his own self importance. An apology will not be forthcoming. I’m sure it’ll be all about how much of a massive (bellend) Blade he is!

Has he hurt you?
All managers lie and talk bullshit.....isn't that the definition of a normal manager? they manipulate and tell you what you want to hear.
Also every manager and even players are only looking after their own self interest, that's the football business.
Every manager and player with confidence have a high value of their self importance....they tend to have ego's, it's normal.
Wow....cant believe you never know this. Even someone like Billy Sharp cares more about himself and his family more than Sheff United.
Agree that he'll go over board in trying to galvanise the fanbase....he's an excellent talker
There will be several sabre rattling battle cries, all for one...one for all, as we attack the league making Bramall Lane a hostel place for visiting teams. Still confident we'll be relegated but also confident performances will greatly improve using the same players.

Last edited:
The right response would probably be...

"I Don't want to talk about the past, that's not why I am here, I am here for the here and now.

I had my reasons, Prince Abdullah had his own thoughts and reasons, as did others.

There is a ton of work to do now without a doubt, but I will pur everything I possibly can into keeping this club in the premier league. I will have every one of these lads fighting alongside me and if they aren't up to it, then they can leave the football club for all I care and I will replace them with people who are willing to fight.

If you feel the need to judge me, then rightly do so at the end of the season"

only in a striker coacing role and maybe pay as you play when we have zero strikers available. He should never be first choice again in this division.
He should be on the bench every game.

Back
Top Bottom