Chris Wilder - we expect an apology

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
When he comes back in, the first thing I want to hear is “I am sorry”. He left us when we were down in the shit with no explanation, didn’t even say goodbye. Hopefully he can be the better man and talk about what happened.

All he needs to say is “I know I messed up and I’m sorry for that, but I’m back and here to make a change to get us fighting”. Would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

When he comes back in, the first thing I want to hear is “I am sorry”. He left us when we were down in the shit with no explanation, didn’t even say goodbye. Hopefully he can be the better man and talk about what happened.
Why would he apologise?

Why would he talk about it?

The man was sacked and moved on. He never said a word about us. He never went into Talksport and did an interview.

He stayed quiet.

For some reason at the time the fans were furious until PA did a talk sport interview and we turned on him. It’s football it happens. Just move forward.

Why would he apologise?

The man was sacked and moved on. He never said a word about us. He never went into Talksport and did an interview.

He stayed quiet.

For some reason at the time the fans were furious until PA did a talk sport interview and we turned on him. It’s football it happens. Just move forward.
Sacked? You mean he walked out on us to avoid relegation on his CV…

Perfect announcement video would be him going in a fire escape with a hood up. Baldock turning around and seeing his pull his hood down revealing him and saying "gaffer where have you been?" He puts his hand out and says "I'm sorry, but I'm back." Then a joke about how he can pay his wages now, they laugh

All he needs to say is “I know I messed up and I’m sorry for that, but I’m back and here to make a change to get us fighting”. Would be much appreciated.

Doesnt need to apologise, just needs to get us going. Launching us up through the divisions means he’s still way in credit.

Don't hold your breath!

Perfect announcement video would be him going in a fire escape with a hood up. Baldock turning around and seeing his pull his hood down revealing him and saying "gaffer where have you been?" He puts his hand out and says "I'm sorry, but I'm back." Then a joke about how he can pay his wages now, they laugh
Stamping off the snowflakes on his boots as he comes in.

Why would he apologise?

He stayed quiet.

He resigned. He said so himself on 5live.

I'm not sure Wilder needs to say anything, but the Prince should come out and explain his thinking and hopefully clear up some of the things that have been thrown at Wilder since.

In fact I think it would be a massive own goal if he didn't.

He's never going to go into any detail about his departure because it just opens it up to further criticism.
If someone doesn't like you, then it's irrelevant what you say, people look for an angle to criticise.

Also don't think he'll directly apologise because that would suggest he's done something wrong where as it's never a simple as that. Also it looks a bit grovelly and amateurish wanting to be forgiven....Wilder will know fans are fickle...a few good results and everyone is back on side.

Pretty sure he'll mention the unfortunate circumstances of his departure....a kind of explanation/ apology.
He'll say that people fall out in relationships but it's vital to reflect on what could have been done differently or better.
He'll mention that he's always had massive respect for the Prince and they've patched things over and have an excellent relationship.

He'll say the toughness and mental strain he suffered during the covid lockdown and playing behind closed doors without the fans.
He'll mention how he's learnt so much from his experiences in his final season at Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough and even Watford
Probably say something about the importance of learning from failures as well as successes
and he feels he returns as a much better, more experienced manager than before.

He'll also talk about his massive motivation to succeed, he wants to thank the Prince for giving him a 2nd chance
Then he'll do his battle cry about how the fans can play their part, lets be honest he was brilliant at this.
He'll mention that he can't guarantee results and we might still be relegated but he can promise the players will give 100%
and he'll be working on tactics to win games, he'll say we might still be relegated but he's going to give it a good go.

Last edited:

And there’s always two sides to every story.

Agree Wilder could be giving his version of the truth and the Prince could be giving his version of the truth.

There would be contradictions but neither would be lying.
It's all semantics and a waste of time because there's often no real truth, just individual interpretations.

Don't hold your breath.
Anyway, give it two to three months and he'll be walking out again with a nice new payout, blaming everyone except himself.
Maybe he'll kill two birds with one stone and say 'sorry' then? We all know his ego won't allow that, though.
Think we all need to remember that the owner came out in public in tryIng to convince Wilder to stay before he walked out the back door but he wasn't having it. He wanted his £4m pay-off.
utb

What about if he cuts both legs off and squirms around to the kop leaving a trail of blood,pokes both eyes out and prays for forgiveness.

And yet he’s coming back to get a relegation on his CV.

Come on mate William at least think before posting.
No, he isn't.
He'll be long gone before the end of the season with a fresh pay off.
I hope I'm totally wrong but I don't give him a chance of lasting the season.
utb

Back
Top Bottom