CONFIRMED Hecky Sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Majority of fans want?

Full support?

Stopped reading.

There was vote on here about Hecky only a few weeks ago and 90% wanted Hecky to stay
There were even several saying "it's not Heckys fault, he deserves to be given until next season"

The issue I have....and it's become the fashion....is that there's zero critical thinking.
Decisions by the public are based around whether they like or dislike someone.
People like Hecky....I like Hecky, he's a good bloke...so they are blinded into seeing his positives and totally ignoring any negatives.
Couldn't care less about the personalities and whether I like or dislike someone...just want the best man for the job.

However there are a few factors that stop us from choosing "the best".
1: Limited finances, the reality is the new man needs to be relatively cheap and by definition cheap managers tend to be failed managers and not exactly inspiring. Of all the cheap managers available Wilder is the best there is. We need a miracle to stay up and we know Wilder is capable of miracles much harder than keeping this bunch of players up.

2: We're up for sale, so need to think short term, the new owners will install their long term plan.
I doubt Wilder is the right man for the long term, so I have doubt but I'm extremely confident we'll greatly improve in the short term. We'll see performances like Man U 1st half and Wolves 2nd half, almost every match, still expect us to be relegated but at least we go down fighting.

Last edited:

If Wilder does come back, i'm hoping it's like Bournemouth with Eddie Howe.
He left for Burnley after building Bournemouth from the bottom and into League 1 promotion contenders.
He couldn't get a tune out of Burnley (as Wilder couldn't at Boro or Watford), then he went back to Bournemouth and carried them forward once more, pulling them into the PL and making them what they are today.

Some managers just "suit" certain clubs.

Wilder wouldn't be my choice, but if it is him. That's my hope 👆
If only we had a Russian billionaire 🙂

Heckys done a great job and can leave with his head held high, he’s been dealt a tough hand from the start, his time is however up and should have gone after the Newcastle game. CW wouldn’t be my choice but I know if it is him I won’t walk into the ground thinking can we keep it below 5 every game , he won’t allow that, players will also not be allowed to just go through the motions, hopefully he keeps those bollockings in house this time. Hope it all works out for everyone’s sake.

Agree but most of our fans wanted Hecky to remain, at the time I thought "you reap what you sow", so blame the fans.

You can accuse the Prince of several things but he has a track record of listening to the fans.
Whilst a manager is supported then he'll keep them in charge.
However once there's fan discontent, then he'll look to act.
Obviously we can't just sack Hecky, we need to make sure we have a replacement lined up.
Bringing Wilder in isn't listening to the fans. Well only a minority maybe.

There was vote on here about Hecky only a few weeks ago and 90% wanted Hecky to stay
There were even several saying "it's not Heckys fault, he deserves to be given until next season"

There’s this one

I don’t think 49% is a majority though. Ev

There’s this one

I don’t think 49% is a majority though. Ev

It's actually a 70% vote though isn't it. 20% said one last chance versus Man Utd - we lost

1701685661289.png

Stupid woman pundit on Sky Sports says benefit of Wilder appointment would be that it would immediately galvanise the fan base, wtf, she’s getting paid for spouting that crap.
Wilder appointment has sent the forum into for and against meltdown.
She's reading an auto-cue.

At least we won't have injuries anymore. That's half the battle right there, actually having players available to pick

Have my doubts about this. Wilder is combustible, has always managed upwards and is unlikely to change his outspoken approach. There are grievances dating back to last time which seem, on the face of it, to have been patched up on both sides. I have my doubts that they've been fixed and that they share both a vision and trust. Issues could well be lurking just beneath the surface and be ready to emerge and unravel the relationship. Wilder is mad for taking it on, imo, unless it's purely a financial decision; it's being directed by a new owner; or there's cast iron promises and an ostensibly shared vision.It seems like sentiment overriding sense.

The only Blades I've seen that wouldn't have Wilder back post on here. I never saw the anti Wilder sentiment when we went down beyond the internet. I see it as a populist appointment rather than a divisive one. It will curry favour with the vast majority of Blades. A very clever move by PA.

It's very interesting times to be a Blade: you can say a lot about us, but "you're a dull club" isn't one of them. There's always summat at BDTBL. Always...

The only Blades I've seen that wouldn't have Wilder back post on here. I never saw the anti Wilder sentiment when we went down beyond the internet. I see it as a populist appointment rather than a divisive one. It will curry favour with the vast majority of Blades. A very clever move by PA.
100% agreed. Vast majority of the fanbase don't post on here or xitter.

The people who think most, or even half of, fans wouldn't want him back sound like the people who expected a Lib Dem majority in 2015 based on what their Twitter bubble was saying.

The issue I have....and it's become the fashion....is that there's zero critical thinking.
Decisions by the public are based around whether they like or dislike someone.
People like Hecky....I like Hecky, he's a good bloke...so they are blinded into seeing his positives and totally ignoring any negatives.
Couldn't care less about the personalities and whether I like or dislike someone...just want the best man for the job.

However there are a few factors that stop us from choosing "the best".
1: Limited finances, the reality is the new man needs to be relatively cheap and by definition cheap managers tend to be failed managers and not exactly inspiring. Of all the cheap managers available Wilder is the best there is. We need a miracle to stay up and we know Wilder is capable of miracles much harder than keeping this bunch of players up.

2: We're up for sale, so need to think short term, the new owners will install their long term plan.
I doubt Wilder is the right man for the long term, so I have doubt but I'm extremely confident we'll greatly improve in the short term. We'll see performances like Man U 1st half and Wolves 2nd half, almost every match, still expect us to be relegated but at least we go down fighting.

We may be up for sale however have nobody interested in buying. So how long is the short term? Because that will soon become the medium term and then the long term with no change at the top.

I’m firmly of the opinion that no new owner comes in until we are on the brink of collapse, and by that point may well be heading south out of League 1.

Have my doubts about this. Wilder is combustible, has always managed upwards and is unlikely to change his outspoken approach. There are grievances dating back to last time which seem, on the face of it, to have been patched up on both sides. I have my doubts that they've been fixed and that they share both a vision and trust. Issues could well be lurking just beneath the surface and be ready to emerge and unravel the relationship. Wilder is mad for taking it on, imo, unless it's purely a financial decision; it's being directed by a new owner; or there's cast iron promises and an ostensibly shared vision.It seems like sentiment overriding sense.

It's very interesting times to be a Blade: you can say a lot about us, but "you're a dull club" isn't one of them. There's always summat at BDTBL. Always...
That first paragraph is probably the best post made about a Wilder comeback.

I certainly know fans who don’t post who don’t want him back, but have no idea of how the fan base overall would be split, although l’d hazard a guess the Pro’s would be in the majority.

Still a gamble for PA, CW and us though.

If Wilder does come back, i'm hoping it's like Bournemouth with Eddie Howe.
He left for Burnley after building Bournemouth from the bottom and into League 1 promotion contenders.
He couldn't get a tune out of Burnley (as Wilder couldn't at Boro or Watford), then he went back to Bournemouth and carried them forward once more, pulling them into the PL and making them what they are today.

Some managers just "suit" certain clubs.

Wilder wouldn't be my choice, but if it is him. That's my hope 👆

I'd agree with that if he hadn't left the way he did. Not sure he realised he had the credit in the bank with the fans to get us back up to the PL.

That said I don't know what was going on in his personal life at the time during COVID, as he didn't seem like his usual self in that last season.

It's the throwing the players under the bus with us, Boro and Watford that concerns me most and that he didn't adapt at the new clubs.

The Times just posted a story confirming Hecky Out, Wilder in.

"Chris Wilder is to be appointed the new manager of Sheffield United, with Paul Heckingbottom paying the price for their poor start to the season.

Heckingbottom, 46, will become the first Premier League manager to be dismissed in this campaign after their 5-0 defeat by Burnley on Saturday. United sit bottom of the Premier League having lost 11 of their 14 games, conceding 39 goals in the process.

Wilder will return to the club he left in March 2021. He departed by mutual consent after nearly five years in charge and has not worked since leaving Watford at the end of last season.
"

Not 90 and definitely not full support.

Also it was 6 weeks ago. Two weeks ago for example, the scenario was very different.
Yep. The crowd was turning, if not already turned, during the Bournemouth game not helped by the weight of expectation following 4 points from the previous two games. Thr drop.off in energy amd effort was astonishing. The discontent was obvious. The only surprise was that he wasnt sacked last week

The Blades i know, both on here and who go to matches are pretty universal in their stance on Wilder. Great guy, love what he did for us, but his ego got way out of control after the 9th in the PL season and then he couldn't compute what was happening when the going got tough and in the end he'd lost the plot.

My personal view is, if he's figured out how to keep that ego in check and how to manage when things aren't going well, developed some emotional intelligence, then there's half a chance.

If he starts talking about Playstation managers and players who think they're better than they are, we're all fucked....

Not 90 and definitely not full support.

Also it was 6 weeks ago. Two weeks ago for example, the scenario was very different.

Yeah, I was supporting him at that point too, I still support him now as he's a decent bloke, did good things and had little or no help..

But its the manner of the defeats, the style of play, shit scared, the multiple goals against.

The hope had gone, we lost both games to our relegation rivals heavily and most thought these were two chances we had to try and save the season or at least make it look more respectable, instead we lost both 0 points, once the hope went, the attention shifted to the manager.

Fleck starting in a relegation 6 pointer, deary me..

He's not helped himself has he..

Back
Top Bottom