Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 2nd December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1701368422209.png vs. 1701368427608.png

Premier League Matchweek 14 - Saturday 2nd December 2023 - 15:00 - Turf Moor
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.670/

Officials:

Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Leigh Doughty
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Assistant VAR: Steve Meredith

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the ground? CLICK HERE for parking near Turf Moor

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 18.19.39.png

Thats my issue too.

Under Wilder, the common complaint was, we appear to have no plan B

but under Hecky, we don't even appear to have a plan A.
Can anyone explain what our style of play is and what our tactics are to try and score a goal?
I think the idea is to wait until the opposition are helpless with laughter and then try a hopeful ball forward.

If he has any self respect left, just go man.
He won't walk because he won't get a job anywhere else and the Prince won't sack him because he doesn't give a fuck. Each player probably thinks that they are better than the side they're currently playing in and that they'll be off at the end of the season. It's us that will have to continue to suffer while kidding ourselves each week that things will change. I think it's going to get worse, impossible though that may seem.

When we go down and Hecky is in charge next season, we will go down to League 1. We are that bad. He will be here for the full five years, I am certain of it. In what world would he not have been sacked by now? Might be dramatic but we are even worse than the 2011 side. We are in freefall.
You are totally right, ive been saying that for a long time, people call waste their breaths calling for him to go ,
But it isn't going to happen.
Our owner is selling up and won't be throwing money at the club,
How some of our fans think otherwise is beyond me !!!

I firmly believe he hasn't been sacked as the Prince doesn't want to pay him up

A good owner listens to the fans and until very recently the vast bulk of the fanbase were fully behind Hecky,
so it doesnt give the Prince any incentive to act.

Once the fanbase turns, then I'm sure the Prince will act....but only if he can bring in someone cheap...which would probably be Wilder.

Get him out!
Come on PA! Do the right thing and put the bloke out of his misery!!

A good owner listens to the fans and until very recently the vast bulk of the fanbase were fully behind Hecky,
so it doesnt give the Prince any incentive to act.

Once the fanbase turns, then I'm sure the Prince will act....but only if he can bring in someone cheap...which would probably be Wilder.
We need a rich owner not just a good one

I think this and the Bouremouth games are where the roads cross.... Lose both, as we will, and the club HAS to do something even if that is get another manager in to steady the ship before it goes down. If they decide to keep the manager after this insipid and terrible performance against the bottom team, it says everything about giving this season up and playing for next season. This is downright the worst team we have had in many decades...

We need a rich owner not just a good one

For the long term yes.....for the short term we just need another manager.
Been going nearly 50 years and never known us this bad...in relation to the opposition.
We look like a set of individual players that have just met each other for the 1st time yesterday.
We start matches accepting we've lost, this comes from the manager and our ambition is to keep the score down.
That is simply not acceptable for any team in any division, on any budget.

Our match is live on Talksport2 and they are slagging us off a bit, saying how it all looks so easy for Burnley.
I've been saying from the start of the season, we don't look a team and have no functioning midfield.
This team would be battling relegation in the Championship and our quality is far higher than that.

Last edited:
For the long term yes.....for the short term we just need another manager.
Been going nearly 50 years and never known us this bad...in relation to the opposition.
We look like a set of individual players that have just met each other for the 1st time yesterday.

Our match is live on Talksport2 and they are slagging us off a bit, saying how it looks so easy for Burnley.
You sir are correct

Back
Top Bottom