Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 2nd December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1701368422209.png vs. 1701368427608.png

Premier League Matchweek 14 - Saturday 2nd December 2023 - 15:00 - Turf Moor
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.670/

Officials:

Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Leigh Doughty
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Assistant VAR: Steve Meredith

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the ground? CLICK HERE for parking near Turf Moor

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 18.19.39.png

No matter whatever we think of Norwood - he’s the only player who can pass I’m afraid 😟

agree but it's almost always the long pass....that seems to be our only tactic to create chances.

When he finds his man then Norwood passing looks great but this season it seems that at least 4 in every 5 passes are cut out by the opposition defence, so he's often the reason why we give up possession.....inviting more continuous pressure on the defence.

The good news is, at least we have 2 up front and McBurnie is effective dealing with high and long balls punted towards him.
Also playing the long ball tactic, then we don't need to worry so much about a non functioning midfield.

I'm expecting us to put most players in defence, Heckys tactics will be to try to go in 0-0 at half time just playing a containing game.
Then in the 2nd half he'll go for it more and it should be more of a contest.
My concern is we're starting matches with the wrong attitude, the height of our ambition is just "staying in the game".

I expect us to be a tough nut to crack, we'll lose 1-0 or 2-1 , might even sneak a draw.
Fans what didn't go...will think it was a close game and a semi respectable result. However fans that have watched the game will see we're a clear level below Burnley and I expect them to dominate but struggle to break through our defensive wall.

agree but it's almost always the long pass....that seems to be our only tactic to create chances.

When he finds his man then Norwood passing looks great but this season it seems that at least 4 in every 5 passes are cut out by the opposition defence, so he's often the reason why we give up possession.....inviting more continuous pressure on the defence.

The good news is, at least we have 2 up front and McBurnie is effective dealing with high and long balls punted towards him.
Also playing the long ball tactic, then we don't need to worry so much about a non functioning midfield.

I'm expecting us to put most players in defence, Heckys tactics will be to go in 0-0 at half time just playing a containing game.
My concern is we're starting matches with the wrong attitude, the height of our ambition is just "staying in the game".

I expect us to be a tough nut to crack, we'll lose 1-0 or 2-1 , might even sneak a draw.
Fans what didn't go...will think it was a close game and a decent result. However fans that have watched the game will see we're a clear level below Burnley and I expect them to dominate but struggle to break through our defensive wall.
Or 4 nil, whatever comes first

I'm expecting us to put most players in defence, Heckys tactics will be to try to go in 0-0 at half time just playing a containing game.

Fans what didn't go...will think it was a close game and a decent result. However fans that have watched the game will see we're a clear level below Burnley and I expect them to dominate but struggle to break through our defensive wall.
This aged well

Who going to be the first idiot who pipes up with “pep couldn’t do better with our players” 🙄

I've noticed our back five, six or whatever, never find a midfield man in space to pass to. They either go long or pass to Wes. But let's stick with a 3 man midfield. Holy excrement

So.... is the fans disapproval still not going to extend beyond voting in a poll online or what?

Hecky's a defeatist chump and the owner is utterly detached

This is a damaging period for the club

Still no clean sheets this season, we'll be taking the record of three as the lowest amount in a season.
Interesting that in Bassett's relegation season we had the most amount of draws in a season, can only dream of that now.
Screenshot_20231202_151044_Chrome.jpg

When we go down and Hecky is in charge next season, we will go down to League 1. We are that bad. He will be here for the full five years, I am certain of it. In what world would he not have been sacked by now? Might be dramatic but we are even worse than the 2011 side. We are in freefall.

Back
Top Bottom