Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 2nd December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1701368422209.png vs. 1701368427608.png

Premier League Matchweek 14 - Saturday 2nd December 2023 - 15:00 - Turf Moor
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.670/

Officials:

Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Leigh Doughty
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Assistant VAR: Steve Meredith

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the ground? CLICK HERE for parking near Turf Moor

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 18.19.39.png

We have zero plan, style, or foundation to win games, its just the same, week in and week out. I do have to question what tactics are worked on in practice everyday, which is probably 1 hour, M and W,

Ot is so easy for them to find a pass anywhere on the pitch, if we lose it in a forward position we just give up and trot back and not put any sort of challenge in

Norwood, Fleck, Hamer must be the least athletic midfield ever put out in PL history

And if it isn't it'll probably be 2nd to one of our previous efforts

Who going to be the first idiot who pipes up with “pep couldn’t do better with our players” 🙄

Thats one of the cliches that's totally inaccurate.

You only need to look at Sheff Wed, losing every week and clueless under Munoz, hardly even having an attack.

They swap for his German manager and instantly look better, more organised, even trying harder/ more motivated etc.
They are still losing virtually every game but at least now they are competitive and have plenty of attacks every game.

Highly confident it would be the same if we sacked Hecky, we'd instantly look like a decent Championship team.
Think we'd still lose most games under a new managers but we'd give the opposition problems and have plenty of attacks.

So.... is the fans disapproval still not going to extend beyond voting in a poll online or what?

Hecky's a defeatist chump and the owner is utterly detached

This is a damaging period for the club
what do you suggest ?

In what world would he not have been sacked by now?
I firmly believe he has not been sacked because so many fans have been behind him regardless how shit we are and how clueless he looks, the Prince will have noted this backing… he should have been sacked months ago anyone could see it, pure self sabotage by not sacking him.

Even if we get beat 5-0 today there will still be some who are behind him 🙄

We have zero plan, style, or foundation to win games, its just the same, week in and week out. I do have to question what tactics are worked on in practice everyday, which is probably 1 hour, M and W,

Thats my issue too.

Under Wilder, the common complaint was, we appear to have no plan B

but under Hecky, we don't even appear to have a plan A.
Can anyone explain what our style of play is and what our tactics are to try and score a goal?

A cursory reading of previous posts over three years will find comments on Norwood falling into two main camps; those; the decreasing but sadly plentiful number who take a sentimental and naive, blinkered view that he is somehow a class act, and the growing, but always a majority view, that he is a problem. he cannot tackle without fouling, he needs ages on the ball to make a choice, he has zilch vision and runs into safety by default, feigning the appearance of confidence by pointing perpetually to others to do stuff he should have done

I firmly believe he has not been sacked because so many fans have been behind him regardless how shit we are and how clueless he looks, the Prince will have noted this backing… he should have been sacked months ago anyone could see it, pure self sabotage by not sacking him.

Even if we get beat 5-0 today there will still be some who are behind him 🙄

It's the current fashion of divisive non critical thinking.

They are behind Hecky because.......they like him....and that's the bottom line. There's also a fashion of victimhood....Hecky has been given a tough hand to deal with.....so some fans give him a free pass to do whatever he wants with zero accountability.

Thats my issue too.

Can anyone explain what our style of play is and what our tactics are to try and score a goal?
Yes, defend, defend, run around, hope for a 90th minute penalty and voila. Reminiscent of the great Brazilian sides of yore

Plan A was hope N'Diaye gets us out of the shit
Plan B is watch DVDs of the Wilder era and use players from said era
Plan C is to get sacked

That might be Furious George’s last act in the red & white I fear.

Thats my issue too.

I think i can answer this one,I believe our tactic to try and score a goal is to pass it around until pressured by the opposition. Then Boot it long and hope for the best 😂

Has Monty python wrote Heckys so called tactical handbook?

Back
Top Bottom