Sorry Brewster your time is up….

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Won a game for the first time since May, last kick of the game winner, most normal Blades are on the lash enjoying themselves and the win and you want to piss your pants about Brewster getting injured..oddball
I like pissing my pants. 'J’aime pisse dans mon pantalon et c’est merveilleux'

He’s stealing nothing .

He’s being paid the contract he has been offered by the club .

He’s had horrible injuries , he’s been out for a year and he is trying to make a go of it in a struggling team .

And yes , he was poor yesterday and i honestly don’t think we will see anything from him .

But that’s the way the mop flops
I’m not sure if you take everything you read on the internet literally but I am aware that he’s not ‘stealing’ anything. But in a phrase used when someone is getting paid a lot of money for very little output, he’s ‘stealing a living’.

I’m not sure if you take everything you read on the internet literally but I am aware that he’s not ‘stealing’ anything. But in a phrase used when someone is getting paid a lot of money for very little output, he’s ‘stealing a living’.
Of course, if you had a fixed term work contract that allowed you to continue to be paid even if illness prevented you from being able to work you would volunteer to cancel that contract and not accept the money. For which we all have nothing but admiration for you.

Not the smartest of ideas by Hecky to start him when he knew he had picked up something in training.

Hecky can say he really wanted to play all he likes but surely Brewster is a player you just don't take the risk with.

100% agree, I thought it was an accidental insight into the issues we are facing...

I was always told not to debate with idiots like yourself they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience of being stupid.
So why keep coming back for more😂..,your attempts at put downs are entertaining..don’t come for a battle of wits unarmed, 😂

Give me some evidence ….any…to refute that he’s been an abject failure…stop trying to deflect with silly little personal digs…it’s pathetic.
You told me to read your post (I did), however you didn't read mine, as nowhere have I ever said I rate Brewster and that I think he's been great, I dont need to give you evidence because that was never the point I was trying to make. I think he has been a waste of money. My point, similar to many others on this thread was ...why after the only bit of success and enjoyment we've had this season on a Saturday night when you should be enjoying yourself are you laying into a lad, who through no fault of his own has got injured again. You've got lots of attention, so well done on that front.

You told me to read your post (I did), however you didn't read mine, as nowhere have I ever said I rate Brewster and that I think he's been great, I dont need to give you evidence because that was never the point I was trying to make. I think he has been a waste of money. My point, similar to many others on this thread was ...why after the only bit of success and enjoyment we've had this season on a Saturday night when you should be enjoying yourself are you laying into a lad, who through no fault of his own has got injured again. You've got lots of attention, so well done on that front.
Ironically, it arguably was his own fault. he did not get the foul when he was held back (and it was a clear foul, I think) but injured himself going for retribution, which he should not have done.

No word on how serious it is. We shall see. Hopefully it's nothing bad.

Berge was the highest paid. It’s not Brewster fault of the price tag,as said Wilder paid a huge sum for him with great potential,unfortunately a big gamble failed miserably instead of buying a couple of oven ready premiership players. It happens often. Another example is Martial. There are many others.
There were no oven ready premier league players coming for half the price unless they were near the end of their contracts demanding massive wages. We tried to sign the best of the championship and got done on wages every time.

He was a crap signing though, agreed.

Not the smartest of ideas by Hecky to start him when he knew he had picked up something in training.

Hecky can say he really wanted to play all he likes but surely Brewster is a player you just don't take the risk with.
That annoyed me in the post match interview. When you've got the worst injury record in the history of this club over any other manager, and have had throughout your managerial career, why would you rush a player who's coming back from long term injury into action when he's carrying a knock? That's poor management and tells me all I need to know about Hecky and our ongoing three season injury problem.

I'm not knocking him for the second half or the result, but that is atrocious management.

They were both crap first half but Archer was very good second
Therein lies the difference, in his limited time here, Archer has proved that he can produce moments of magic, which excuses his lack of contributions generally. In his three years here Brewster has produced very little, certainly no goals on a par with either of Archer's.

Would the manager have hooked him at half-time for McAtee I wonder? Possibly not, so it may have been one of those moments that worked in our favour sadly, his injury.

Either way, it was the pivotal event on Saturday, so I can understand why it was raised, although maybe the title of the thread was a little harsh in the circumstances!

I'm a very long way from being a spotty teenager, and haven't a clue how Twatter works. My body has been letting me down now for a number of years. However, I do crack on and do my best for my family, and did for my workmates and the young people I worked with before I finished work earlier this year. What I saw today was what I've seen from Brewster since he arrived. Very little. Drifting around, not really involved, not actually doing much at all. I don't like saying this, but I think he's just crap, and Klopp really had Wilder's pants down offloading him to us.
The win today was amazing, and I'm still basking in the feelgood factor, but let's be honest, Brewster contributed very little (to be very charitable) to the victory. Let's stop kidding ourselves about him.
The word is that Klopp really rated him, as did the Liverpool coaching staff, they'll be surprised and disappointed too, although the £20m + eases the pain!

They're probably wondering what we've done here to knock him off track in terms of fitness and performance compared to his time at Swansea.

Given his rate of regression, he's probably looking at dropping a couple of levels to get back on track when he leaves us.

There were no oven ready premier league players coming for half the price unless they were near the end of their contracts demanding massive wages. We tried to sign the best of the championship and got done on wages every time.

He was a crap signing though, agreed.
Well you either have to pay a going rate and then you have more chance of establishing yourself for a couple of seasons to progress,as said a million times though,we have not got a rich owner to pump millions in. Someone said earlier if Archer goes back if we are relegated,we have spent the equivalent of next to fuck all,it’s where we are as Sheffield United and from what I see there is only Brentford who have navigated it some kind of correctly.

I actually thought he edged out Archer in the first half with neither adding much up top.

Archer had the "luck" to be part of a second half turn around and a superb goal.

Why are we firing shots after a good second half performance and our first win?

As others have said, it is in no way his fault that we (Wilder) paid what we paid for him. Slagging him on a personal level does no good whatsoever. I don't think he's lazy, or disinterested, I just think he is not good enough to be a premier league striker. It's not his fault, it's a brutal and unforgiving industry. He is obviously better at football than 99% of people, since he has made it as a pro. Sadly, despite that, some players get "promoted" too high, too fast. Rhian, for me, is one of those.

I've no doubt that, fully fit, he would rip League 1 apart. He's fast, fairly strong and knows where the net is. He's shown that at Swansea. But he is just not good enough to do it at this level, and to justify his exorbitant price tag.

I feel bad for him to an extent. But on the flip side, he is a 20-odd year old millionaire, who lives a life of luxury that the majority of people who pay to watch him play can never get anywhere close to. I think the best thing for him would be to move on to somewhere lower down the leagues, where he would in all likelihood be a really great player, score goals and be happy. It can't be much fun being perma-injured and getting pelters from fans week in week out.

Of course, if you had a fixed term work contract that allowed you to continue to be paid even if illness prevented you from being able to work you would volunteer to cancel that contract and not accept the money. For which we all have nothing but admiration for you.
I’ve never accepted a job that I wasn’t qualified to do. I think ‘Championship/PL striker’ would fall into that category where Brewster is concerned.

I get people want to stick up for him, but I’d conserve my energy and stick up for players who actually have positive contributions to our cause, rather than those who are just a drain on resources.

It all goes back to our poor recruitment strategy last time around I suppose and I’m being harsh on the lad but failing to see any redeeming features in his time at the club, if we’d have paid the £200k he’s worth and not £22m I’d be more sanguine.

As others have said, it is in no way his fault that we (Wilder) paid what we paid for him. Slagging him on a personal level does no good whatsoever. I don't think he's lazy, or disinterested, I just think he is not good enough to be a premier league striker. It's not his fault, it's a brutal and unforgiving industry. He is obviously better at football than 99% of people, since he has made it as a pro. Sadly, despite that, some players get "promoted" too high, too fast. Rhian, for me, is one of those.

I've no doubt that, fully fit, he would rip League 1 apart. He's fast, fairly strong and knows where the net is. He's shown that at Swansea. But he is just not good enough to do it at this level, and to justify his exorbitant price tag.

I feel bad for him to an extent. But on the flip side, he is a 20-odd year old millionaire, who lives a life of luxury that the majority of people who pay to watch him play can never get anywhere close to. I think the best thing for him would be to move on to somewhere lower down the leagues, where he would in all likelihood be a really great player, score goals and be happy. It can't be much fun being perma-injured and getting pelters from fans week in week out.
Sounds similar to Ched Evans, minus the baggage.
Don't think he's particularly quick or strong though and he might know where the net is but doesn't put the ball there very often.
Don't doubt he's trying but as each game goes by he looks more and more as if he'd benefit from a change of scenery. Problem is, no-one's going to pay anything close to his wages.

Personally Original', I think he would be good enough if he wasn't made of glass, but I don't think he is ever going to be able to string a run of matches together to prove it sadly.
I wonder if also even when fit, people who have had the injuries he has had believe they can operate at 100% or if there is something at the back of theirmind wondering whether today is twang day again. Would Brewster have chased the rebound like Archer did for his goal for example? I do have sympathy with the lad nonetheless.

Personally Original', I think he would be good enough if he wasn't made of glass, but I don't think he is ever going to be able to string a run of matches together to prove it sadly.
We all have our opinions but I feel when he doesn’t have the ball he does not pick up any man he very rarely closes down, his work rate is really poor this was long before his injuries he was a very expensive disappointment. When he gets the ball he’s too slow does not know what to do and is quickly smothered off the ball. I wish him well for a league one career mate

Therein lies the difference, in his limited time here, Archer has proved that he can produce moments of magic, which excuses his lack of contributions generally. In his three years here Brewster has produced very little, certainly no goals on a par with either of Archer's.

His first league goal showed excellent technique.

Sort of player if we'd paid 500k for him on a gamble we would be thinking it was worth a punt and time to move on. Sadly as is typical for us we've gambled far more than we should have and are now essentially stuck with someone that is more bottom championship/top league 1 quality.

Other than Mcburnie he's our most proven striker & I think him and archer pushing each other is useful as I think they are roughly around the same level.

If it's just a jarred knee I suspect Brewster will be okay after the international break. Players who have been out so long often get little injuries it's completely natural

We all have our opinions but I feel when he doesn’t have the ball he does not pick up any man he very rarely closes down, his work rate is really poor this was long before his injuries he was a very expensive disappointment. When he gets the ball he’s too slow does not know what to do and is quickly smothered off the ball. I wish him well for a league one career mate
Hard to disagree Original' at this present time.

I wonder if also even when fit, people who have had the injuries he has had believe they can operate at 100% or if there is something at the back of theirmind wondering whether today is twang day again. Would Brewster have chased the rebound like Archer did for his goal for example? I do have sympathy with the lad nonetheless.
you can't help but think so MD38.

I was watching him closely from BLUT. I am going to make a few points in my opinion and it doesn't make me an idiot or an attention seeker but someone who has an opinion on what he is seeing in front of him.
Brewster isn't putting much effort in. He did not make runs to A open up the field in front for others to pour into. B to get free to take a pass from a midfielder. Yes he has been injured and he injured himself here by trying to win a free kick instead of turning on to the ball. Then he gets the hump and barges into someone. And then had a petulant display after being told to get off the pitch.

His hold up play and passing are poor. Archer was not effective first half but he was moving and trying. Jurgen Klopp rating him, He wouldn't rate him highly based on his performances with us. He has poor awareness of those around him and his main attribute is to strike the ball as hard as he can with his right foot. He has scored goals for Swansea but that is well in the past. For us you have to put it on a silver platter in front of him at the edge of the box. He is well below standard in terms of positioning when the ball does come into the box.

The oh but he has bought into the club thing is worth nothing when you don't make an effort on the pitch. The Slav played him out of position is a valid point. In my opinion Slav was trying to improve his all round game by playing him wider and deeper. He had to track back and had to pass more. Then it's Bye Slav and then its Bye Brewster for the season.

Back
Top Bottom