Sorry Brewster your time is up….

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wonder if also even when fit, people who have had the injuries he has had believe they can operate at 100% or if there is something at the back of theirmind wondering whether today is twang day again. Would Brewster have chased the rebound like Archer did for his goal for example? I do have sympathy with the lad nonetheless.
100% think he would have.
He was better than Archer in the 1st half he was chasing the ball down, Archer looked disinterested and I was hoping Heckingbottom would sub him, obviously that changed when Brewster got injured.
I don't think anyone can question Brewsters attitude you only have too see him when we scored.
It must be hard for him mentally he clearly wants too play and maybe Heckingbottom should have been stronger with him if he was carrying an injury especially with his injury record.

If he can get over his injuries and a run of games I'm convinced he'll be a Championship player at least...

People who are saying Brewster is only league one quality - are you just being ridiculously hyperbolic because you don't like the player for whatever reason, or are you being serious?
Made out of glass, only scored in the weird covid season when most players couldn't be arsed/distracted/unfit (I don't think Liverpool win if it wasn't the covid season)

I believe he is a worker and clearly has some talent but everything about him right now screams championship at best, but I really hope I get proven wrong

I agree with the OP even though the timing wasn't ideal.

Brewster no fault of his own is always an injury away from playing, would love to know how many games he's played in a row at most?

It's also not his fault 23m was wasted on him. He has a decent shot on him... that's about it for me tbh.

That annoyed me in the post match interview. When you've got the worst injury record in the history of this club over any other manager, and have had throughout your managerial career, why would you rush a player who's coming back from long term injury into action when he's carrying a knock? That's poor management and tells me all I need to know about Hecky and our ongoing three season injury problem.

I'm not knocking him for the second half or the result, but that is atrocious management.

We talk about the value of the club but it's not helpful that PA has a manager that takes these sorts of risks with the players welfare.

People who are saying Brewster is only league one quality - are you just being ridiculously hyperbolic because you don't like the player for whatever reason, or are you being serious?
He is not…based on performances for this club, nowhere near premiership or even top half championship. That’s just simply a fact.

He was better than Archer in the 1st half he was chasing the ball down, Archer looked disinterested and I was hoping Heckingbottom would sub him, obviously that changed when Brewster got injured.
I don't think anyone can question Brewsters attitude you only have too see him when we scored.
It must be hard for him mentally he clearly wants too play and maybe Heckingbottom should have been stronger with him if he was carrying an injury especially with his injury record.

If he can get over his injuries and a run of games I'm convinced he'll be a Championship player at least...
A £20m championship player 👀

I really hope he proves all the negative nellies wrong. Players have been ridiculed in the past but come back strongly to shut them up. Good luck Brews lad........Oh, and well done Harry Maguire after coming back strongly after being ridiculed in the same way.

I really hope he proves all the negative nellies wrong. Players have been ridiculed in the past but come back strongly to shut them up. Good luck Brews lad........Oh, and well done Harry Maguire after coming back strongly after being ridiculed in the same way.
Not sure a few duffers on an obscure forum giving reasonable critiques of brewsters performance is the same as manure 'fans' and the murdoch press conducting a targeted hate campaign against a player and his family

Not sure a few duffers on an obscure forum giving reasonable critiques of brewsters performance is the same as manure 'fans' and the murdoch press conducting a targeted hate campaign against a player and his family

The trouble is these "reasonable critiques" have come on the back of next to no games where Brewster has been both physically and match fit in order to properly show what he can do

Maguire doesn't have any fitness issues your comparing carrots with turnips!

Three years and four goals.
How much longer do we have to wait before he comes back strongly?
'Come back'! He's never been here in the first place.

Hopefully he gets a new 4 year deal to show us what he can do.

I feel for Brewster and it might be the injury is nothing serious (hoping so). But there are serious questions over whether his body is up to higher level football.

I feel for Brewster and it might be the injury is nothing serious (hoping so). But there are serious questions over whether his body is up to higher level football.

I mean part of the question is whether he has been continually rushed back too early every single time and got compensatory injuries or re-aggravation, rather than any question about Brewster. This is speaking from the point of view that everything I've read indicates the concept of injury proneness is a myth

Other than Mcburnie he's our most proven striker & I think him and archer pushing each other is useful as I think they are roughly around the same level.

If it's just a jarred knee I suspect Brewster will be okay after the international break. Players who have been out so long often get little injuries it's completely natural
Archer is well ahead of Rhian I’m afraid,his awareness,link play,channel running,threat and interest in play is far superior, he was poor first half against Wolves as was Brewster,when Mcatee came on close to him and WHEN Mcburnie plays his game improves,an all round better player . Rhian had 3 years learning off Billy and learnt nothing. Bad injury,confidence,or just one of many that fall through the net of promise,who knows.

Archer is well ahead of Rhian I’m afraid,his awareness,link play,channel running,threat and interest in play is far superior, he was poor first half against Wolves as was Brewster,when Mcatee came on close to him and WHEN Mcburnie plays his game improves,an all round better player . Rhian had 3 years learning off Billy and learnt nothing. Bad injury,confidence,or just one of many that fall through the net of promise,who knows.
I don't think either of them are brilliant off the ball. Brewster when fit will have moments of magic.

Having a series of injuries at his stage of career is going to set him back. We don't really know what he's learned, because he can't get a run together. First few games back after a year off aren't going to tell is anything.

He did look like he was improving in the championahip before he had another setback.

Other than Mcburnie he's our most proven striker & I think him and archer pushing each other is useful as I think they are roughly around the same level.

If it's just a jarred knee I suspect Brewster will be okay after the international break. Players who have been out so long often get little injuries it's completely natural
Archer is a more proven striker, on far fewer opportunities.

I genuinely believe he’s league one level. It pains me to think that we’ve paid out so much for that, so it’s not a comfortable conclusion to draw.

Archer is a more proven striker, on far fewer opportunities.
Is he? Both have had good championship loan spells. Outside of the 3 goals (counting the Pickford og) hard to really separate archer and Brewster. I think both are very alike.

Is he? Both have had good championship loan spells. Outside of the 3 goals (counting the Pickford og) hard to really separate archer and Brewster. I think both are very alike.
Both had a decent 1/2 season on the championship, where Archer out scored him just.

From there, Archer has shown promise this season when given chances, which have been rare, to be fair. Brewster hasn’t impressed me at any point over a much longer spell. His single goal V Blackburn being the only time he impressed.

And equally as worrying is that he just doesn’t have the physical robustness for the game, which has and will hinder opportunity and progress.

Three years and four goals.
How much longer do we have to wait before he comes back strongly?
'Come back'! He's never been here in the first place.
Unfortunately - this

Poor lad has had horrendous injuries , he has never got going and clearly wants to .

Overall - the fact is - he’s contributed almost nothing , which is sad for everyone , especially him.

The criticism , imo , is generally merited . There are contributory factors but we are where we are .

He is cursed by his transfer fee - he always will be as our record signing . Expectations therefore are so high , but the reality is so far from these expectations.

It’s genuinely sad to see - he clearly had something but at the moment he offers little .

And tbh - Archer was having a poor first half on Sat but he was better than Brewster . If you had come from Mars you wouldn’t have believed that Brewster was a prof footballer

My comment was aimed at people saying he's only good enough for the 1st Division...
Yes Mr Wilder payed too much for him.

Agree but the irony is 95% of people in here wanted him at his 25 million valuation. Check back on this forum and there’s quite a few saying there’s no way we’ll sign Brewster because we lack ambition.

I should get some direct quotes because they’d be so funny, some posters said we could pay 30 million because he’s rated as the next Michael Owen at Liverpool and in 3 years will be worth at least 50 million.

I even saw comments why are we taking so long, just pay him what ever he wants. We know he’s shown he’s too good for the Championship at Swansea so we can’t lose on the deal.

Again many insisted there’s no way we’re ambitious enough to buy one of the hottest properties in the game.

How wrong we all were,

Agree but the irony is 95% of people in here wanted him at his 25 million valuation. Check back on this forum and there’s quite a few saying there’s no way we’ll sign Brewster because we lack ambition.

I should get some direct quotes because they’d be so funny, some posters said we could pay 30 million because he’s rated as the next Michael Owen at Liverpool and in 3 years will be worth at least 50 million.

I even saw comments why are we taking so long, just pay him what ever he wants. We know he’s shown he’s too good for the Championship at Swansea so we can’t lose on the deal.

Again many insisted there’s no way we’re ambitious enough to buy one of the hottest properties in the game.

How wrong we all were,
Spot on

How wrong we all were,
It would be funny, but I’m not sure what it proves other than most of us are clueless at valuing players, and seemingly so are the professionals.

From my memory, I was happy, but probably because we were making a big signing that Wilder wanted.

None of it moves on from the reality today that it turns out he’s not very good.🥲

Think there’s serious questions if his body is up to football. Period. It’s not like he benefits the team in the 2/3 matches a season he plays. He’s just not very good I’m afraid.

I don't think you were watching the same game as I was. He wasn't better than Archer in the first half. Archer went deeper to try and get on the ball. Brewsters movement consisted of half hearted attempts to put pressure on defenders and not moving in to space where he should be going when we have the ball. Archer is a totally different player. Archers finishes show that he has real quality if we can get more ball to him.

Putting aside Brewsters injury problems the point quite a few of us on here are making is that he doesn't seem to be able to read the game and doesn't make intelligent runs.
From a development point of view he looks like the player who first turned up for us in that the game passes him by.

Back
Top Bottom