Sorry Brewster your time is up….

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mousette was a good player who annoyed me and clearly you with his antics. If he had been professional he wouldn’t have played for us, he would have been Man Uniteds first choice striker, we could all see that. I’ve just come to the end with Brewster..I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt numerous times..all I see is a player who is one of the highest earners, who has never shown any form, consistency or the required application. He’s had numerous opportunities and not taken them. I said I’ll wait because you can’t provide any evidence to the contrary because it doesn’t exist in a United shirt. So you sound like an un informed happy clapper who clearly doesn’t watch the team on a regular basis.
Is it clear I don't watch the team on a regular basis? Yeah clear as mud. I'll take it your on the wind up from here on in with that comment. Good luck reeling them in but think your going to struggle, as people will see you through your nonsense.

Is it clear I don't watch the team on a regular basis? Yeah clear as mud. I'll take it your on the wind up from here on in with that comment. Good luck reeling them in but think your going to struggle, as people will see you through your nonsense.
See through what?…the truth?…nah that’s pretty rock solid.

From the first half specifically, what would your assessment of Archer have been?
He wasn't great, but he's been with us, on loan, for 3 months. For much of that time we've been pretty grim, and perhaps bits of his play reflect that. Brewster has been our player for years now, during some very good periods for the team. I can only "report" on what I see as a long term season ticket holder from my view on the kop. In my opinion, which some people feel will be wrong, I don't think he's very good or very committed.

What!??…..Of our forwards Mcburnie, Archer, Osula, Mcatee, Traore are all better or put more effort in
Fucking Traore! Your having a laugh! Wheres your seat, guna try watching a game from there!!
Brewster has been out injured for months, hes done his best to get fit enough to play, hes still not match fit, yet hes trying.
If Traore was better, he would've started, but he isnt, he is dog shit.
Mcburnie is injured, Mcatee couldve started, but A, hes not OUR forward, and B, hasn't looked brilliant with the other players up top, so far.
Osula has been out for a while, so we use whats available.
Oh, and Archer played.

He wasn't great, but he's been with us, on loan, for 3 months. For much of that time we've been pretty grim, and perhaps bits of his play reflect that. Brewster has been our player for years now, during some very good periods for the team. I can only "report" on what I see as a long term season ticket holder from my view on the kop. In my opinion, which some people feel will be wrong, I don't think he's very good or very committed.

Brewster joined us when things were (almost) equally as grim. He’s also been out injured for a very lengthy period. In terms of today, Archer has played with the team a whole lot more than Brewster has and yet Brewster looked much better in that first half than Archer did. Fair enough, it’s shit he’s been out injured and we aren’t exactly getting value for money, but that’s hardly his fault. It’s a real shame to see a talented player have their career disrupted so much by injury and it’s even more of a shame to see people like yourself queuing up to have a go as soon as he gets back playing.

Fucking Traore! Your having a laugh! Wheres your seat, guna try watching a game from there!!
Brewster has been out injured for months, hes done his best to get fit enough to play, hes still not match fit, yet hes trying.
If Traore was better, he would've started, but he isnt, he is dog shit.
Mcburnie is injured, Mcatee couldve started, but A, hes not OUR forward, and B, hasn't looked brilliant with the other players up top, so far.
Osula has been out for a while, so we use whats available.
Oh, and Archer
Out of the other strikers, they are either better OR show more application and effort…and that includes Traore (who at least puts himself about).
Tell me, what is it about our top earning, £20m costing, low performance, blank firing striker that makes you so voiciferous ?

Out of the other strikers, they are either better OR show more application and effort…and that includes Traore (who at least puts himself about).
Tell me, what is it about our top earning, £20m costing, low performance, blank firing striker that makes you so voiciferous ?
Its nothing about him, its the frankly ridiculous statement made about how bad he is.
Hes been injured ffs!
As I said originally, I am not his biggest fan, never have been, and yes, I think we wasted £18m on him, but, for every reason I've given, he deserves a chance, if only for the way he's grown into the club, and the likeability factor the other players and manager seem to point out regularly.
1st half today, Brewster was by far the best attacking option on the pitch, and showed hes better than Traore, if you couldn't see that, then you weren't watching the game.

Its nothing about him, its the frankly ridiculous statement made about how bad he is.
Hes been injured ffs!
As I said originally, I am not his biggest fan, never have been, and yes, I think we wasted £18m on him, but, for every reason I've given, he deserves a chance, if only for the way he's grown into the club, and the likeability factor the other players and manager seem to point out regularly.
1st half today, Brewster was by far the best attacking option on the pitch, and showed hes better than Traore, if you couldn't see that, then you weren't watching the game.
Okay…that your opinion👍…don’t agree, but I respect it.

You cant blame him for us offering 20 mill for an academyprospect

Brewster joined us when things were (almost) equally as grim. He’s also been out injured for a very lengthy period. In terms of today, Archer has played with the team a whole lot more than Brewster has and yet Brewster looked much better in that first half than Archer did. Fair enough, it’s shit he’s been out injured and we aren’t exactly getting value for money, but that’s hardly his fault. It’s a real shame to see a talented player have their career disrupted so much by injury and it’s even more of a shame to see people like yourself queuing up to have a go as soon as he gets back playing.
I'm not "having a go". I'm giving my opinion which differs from yours. If he has talent (you may have seen this, I haven't), he hasn't exactly demonstrated this in the admittedly limited time he's spent actually playing for us. In my opinion.

I'm not "having a go". I'm giving my opinion which differs from yours. If he has talent (you may have seen this, I haven't), he hasn't exactly demonstrated this in the admittedly limited time he's spent actually playing for us. In my opinion.

You genuinely haven’t seen any talent from him? His time at Swansea and Liverpool demonstrated that he’s got something. He hasn’t shown a lot with us but that’s largely due to injury, wouldn’t you agree?

It’s not about his injury at all….it’s about a £20m player who for the last three seasons has offered nothing..at all. I gave him the benefit of the doubt numerous times, but I have come to the conclusion that, not only is he not very good, but he doesn’t put the required effort in, he doesn’t score, he doesn’t hold the ball up very well and should not, IMO opinion start over Osula. Tell me I’m wrong..show me evidence to the contrary..I’ll wait..
I take it you didn't go today because he certainly held the ball up today and until he got injured he was far better than Archer.

It’s not about his injury at all….it’s about a £20m player who for the last three seasons has offered nothing..at all. I gave him the benefit of the doubt numerous times, but I have come to the conclusion that, not only is he not very good, but he doesn’t put the required effort in, he doesn’t score, he doesn’t hold the ball up very well and should not, IMO opinion start over Osula. Tell me I’m wrong..show me evidence to the contrary..I’ll wait..

I'll indulge you for a moment - Yes, Brewster looked ineffective today and if you had to rate his overall input on the pitch, you'd be generous to mark him over 5/10.

It's not a simple case of lazy rhetoric like...
he not very good, but he doesn’t put the required effort in, he doesn’t score, he doesn’t hold the ball up very well

There's contributing factors to why he hasn't been effective such as the shitshow he walked into (Wilder), getting played out of position (Slav) and above all, his rotten luck with injuries (Heck). Not to mention, he's a 23yr old kid who's spent a bulk of his career in the treatment room.

Nobody will argue that his time at United has been a success. But to dig him out immediately after we've won our first premier league game is an unnecessarily spiteful attitude to have towards one of our own players who's had a tough time.

You cant blame him for us offering 20 mill for an academyprospect
No, but I have worked with some people over a very long career who were touted by management as being "wunderkinds", when actually they were crap. This may not have been directly their fault (although some people are very good at "talking the talk"), but it doesn't deflect their innate crapness. Just for balance, I want to make it clear that I'm crap at some stuff too!

I'll indulge you for a moment - Yes, Brewster looked ineffective today and if you had to rate his overall input on the pitch, you'd be generous to mark him over 5/10.

It's not a simple case of lazy rhetoric like...

There's contributing factors to why he hasn't been effective such as the shitshow he walked into (Wilder), getting played out of position (Slav) and above all, his rotten luck with injuries (Heck). Not to mention, he's a 23yr old kid who's spent a bulk of his career in the treatment room.

Nobody will argue that his time at United has been a success. But to dig him out immediately after we've won our first premier league game is an unnecessarily spiteful attitude to have towards one of our own players who's had a tough time.
Wow!…that’s an interesting take…but it’s your opinion, so fair enough 👍

I'll play Devil's advocate on this and say that overall it's unfair to judge Brewster.

In his first season he signed for a team who finished 9th the previous season but averaged one goal per game over the course of the season. We didn't improve our team or squad in the summer. Wilder only started him 12 times and his other 15 appearences were from the bench as a sub, coming on in a team lacking in confidence and unable to score goals.

The following season he started playing out wide as Slav kept putting him out wide as part of a top three, almost as a make shift winger. He struggled to have any impact. When he finally played up front in his natural potion he scored and started to show signs that be might be the player we hoped we'd signed. Then he got injured and was out for the rest of the season.

Last season he started slow but showed glimpses again before getting injured.

This season he's returned in a team creating absolutely nothing with less than zero confidence, struggling to do the simplest of basics.

Overall he's never had much of a chance except arguably last season. Injury hasn't helped, but is this his fault or the Shirecliffe sniper?

Unless we start playing well from here on out, creating lots of chances for him and winning games, we can't really judge him on this season either. He did well at Swansea, as did McBurnie. It's funny how both stopped scoring after they joined us and their goal scoring records are awful compared to their time at Swansea.

If Brewster had come through our own system and then bombed after a serious injury, most fans would have shown him nothing but sympathy. Just because the club decided he was worth £20m+ and were prepared to sign him when even the Liverpool fans thought he wasn't the same player as before his injury isn't his fault, it's ours. The kid is probably still convinced that one day he'll be back to the player was, but the same could probably be said for Diego De Girolamo and Jack O'Connell. Meanwhile he seems shit scared of extending himself because when he does it always seems to end badly. The kid's had a really bad deal IMO.

No, but I have worked with some people over a very long career who were touted by management as being "wunderkinds", when actually they were crap. This may not have been directly their fault (although some people are very good at "talking the talk"), but it doesn't deflect their innate crapness. Just for balance, I want to make it clear that I'm crap at some stuff too!

Being a ‘wunderkid’ and being ‘crap’ are two completely different ends of the spectrum though. Even his very limited playing time with us he’s shown that he’s obviously not crap.

People go on about us with this prem money but yet we pay this dickhead 27 grand a week for 4 years are stump 3yr contracts.

Being a ‘wunderkid’ and being ‘crap’ are two completely different ends of the spectrum though. Even his very limited playing time with us he’s shown that he’s obviously not crap.
This is your view, and I respect that. It's just that I don't see what you see.

No, but is his limited playing time worth the financial outlay? Apart from the transfer fee, it's been quoted on this thread that he's paid £27000 a week on a 4 year contract. This isn't his fault, it's football's fault. However, it does mean that for doing very little he's a very rich man (he's not a "kid"). The median UK salary is about £32000 a year, meaning that it would take someone about 90 years to earn what he's being paid for 4 years of what looks like not very productive "work".
This is when sympathy/empathy starts to run a bit dry.

You think that’s grabbing attention!?…when, since he’s been here, has he performed anywhere near a satisfactory and consistent standard?….all we keep hearing is..” there’s a player in him”….well your entitled to your opinion as I am mine…he has been a complete waste of money….Osula would have been the much better option.
He was shocking today

He offers nowt

He never puts a run of games together, If he did he'd be a match winner, talent is obvious but there's no point being talented sat in the stand or on the treatment table..not his fault obviously.

If he's not injured now, carrying a knock, or not being selected as a precaution, I'll be very surprised..

It's an expensive gamble that hasn't paid off, but let's not single him out, he's not been the only multi million pound signing that's not worked out like we hoped.

Back
Top Bottom