Player Suggestion Left Wing Backs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have Rhys, Ozzy, Lowe and Larouci. I'm just struggling to see us having a 25 man squad and allocating 20% of it to left backs.

Maybe it's needed but it just sounds so disproportionate given a couple of the centre backs could probably play there, a couple of right backs could play there and there is also Buyabu who could come in from the U23s.

We have Rhys, Ozzy, Lowe and Larouci. I'm just struggling to see us having a 25 man squad and allocating 20% of it to left backs.

Maybe it's needed but it just sounds so disproportionate given a couple of the centre backs could probably play there, a couple of right backs could play there and there is also Buyabu who could come in from the U23s.
Rnd not looking likely to feature Osborne is a utility player and Lowe needs jettisoning into another dimension

LWB does seem to be a jinxed position. Wondering if Hecky will want to see Buyabu against Lincoln.

Sadly, I don't think RND is anywhere near and may not even be named in the 25 man squad.

Osborn isn't a LWB by trade, so we only have two LWBs. One is injured and regardless doesn't look up to the level (Lowe) the other is a development player (Larouci) in an area we don't have time to develop him in.

We are light there. I really thought we should have signed Ryan Giles who ended up at Luton but that ship has now sailed.
If we can find someone that is defensively resolute like Baldock and available for most games then it would be a huge plus.

Plug that leak at the back, add a little bit more of a threat up top, we have a platform to get results.
At the moment we're starting a goal or two down because clubs know our weakness.

It doesn't matter who can play there, it matters who's good enough to play there

Without a competent LWB the whole team can fall down at this level. Got away with Lowe last season, won't this time

We could have one great one at this level for the price of those 4’s wages

thats an interesting point regarding buyabu i rate him very highly good pace and skill just lacking a bit of physicality hecky might give him a start against lincoln

Sadly, I don't think RND is anywhere near and may not even be named in the 25 man squad.

Osborn isn't a LWB by trade, so we only have two LWBs. One is injured and regardless doesn't look up to the level (Lowe) the other is a development player (Larouci) in an area we don't have time to develop him in.

We are light there. I really thought we should have signed Ryan Giles who ended up at Luton but that ship has now sailed.
If we can find someone that is defensively resolute like Baldock and available for most games then it would be a huge plus.

Plug that leak at the back, add a little bit more of a threat up top, we have a platform to get results.
At the moment we're starting a goal or two down because clubs know our weakness.
I think Larouchi is the answer. Yes he made an error yesterday, but his ability to get forward quickly is a significant benefit when we are going for wins.
No doubt the top clubs will try to utilise what they see as a weakness, but there are other gaps to be plugged before we ,on here, abandon another young player. Remember how we should have ditched Macatee?

I think Larouchi is the answer. Yes he made an error yesterday, but his ability to get forward quickly is a significant benefit when we are going for wins.
No doubt the top clubs will try to utilise what they see as a weakness, but there are other gaps to be plugged before we ,on here, abandon another young player. Remember how we should have ditched Macatee?
You clearly don’t know ball.

He’s crap.

We could have one great one at this level for the price of those 4’s wages
RND was class and hopefully will come back as good or even better.

Unfortunately I don’t think we will see he this year and don’t think he will get a squad number.

We are desperate for a new LWB

RND was class and hopefully will come back as good or even better.

Unfortunately I don’t think we will see he this year and don’t think he will get a squad number.

We are desperate for a new LWB
If Larouci is found not to be good enough then I'd expect Trusty to fit in there, Trusty played left back for Birmingham a lot last season, not so sure it was LEB but either way he can play in that spot. We need more reinforcements in the attack and attacking mids than LWB but at the same time I agree a more experienced player at LWB would be great but I doubt it will happen. I do think in time Larouci will be a good addition, he also offers some pace going forward.

Forest were rumoured to be after Lowe last year, maybe swap him for Toffalo, cant be any worse than ML

Looks like Ian Maatsen hasn't yet signed a new contract with Chelsea (which I assume is requirement to allow him back out on loan). Think Burnley failed to sign him with a £15m bid and apparently West Ham, Ajax and Lens are interested. Chelsea look like they want £20m. But if anyone would be interested in a dodgy FFP circumventing deal it would be Chelsea!

With all this talk of lwb being an issue and we knew Lowe probably wouldn't cut it as a regular we've signed what clearly looks like a development prospect in Larouci. I'm surprised we didn't see more of Harry Boyes in the friendlies. Point being if we're happy to take a delolpment punt surly better to be one of our own?

If it wasn’t for Manchester United own injury crisis I think it’d be guaranteed that we’d look at alvaro Fernandez who was on loan at preston last season

Luke Thomas isn't getting games for Leicester, think we could do a lot worse

I reckon this has got Ian Maatsen from Chelsea written all over it
Wouldn't it be funny if we fucked Burnley over twice

First by burdening them with Berge and being paid 12m to do so

Second by taking the LWB they had last season and desperately want to re-sign

Add that they've not been able to make Tella permanent, and that could be quite a sad window for them...

Back
Top Bottom