Player Suggestion Left Wing Backs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownblade

Reaction score
We need at least one young LWB. Suggestions:

Dennis Cirkin, Sunderland. 21, sold by Spurs last summer, has played quite regularly this season. Might even be able to fill in at LCB sometimes. 5 goals in 28 appeances from LWB.

Ryan Giles, Wolves (loan at Middlesbrough). Very good going forward. Wolves did rinse Forest for MGW though, with Giles being a top assister in Championship two seasons in a row.

Luke Thomas, Leicester (if relegated). Unsure if this might require ridiculous money. But Leicester aren't short in this position and he could play every week for us. I've got a feeling he made his debut against us in the dark days of 20/21.

I had a 4th name I was going to put here but I've gone blank... I think it was the best one as well... EDIT: (of course) Free agents Da Silva (Bristol City), Ryan Manning (Swansea). Surely we'll sign at least one of these two.

Last edited:

Dennis Cirkin, Sunderland. 21, sold by Spurs last summer, has played quite regularly this season. Might even be able to fill in at LCB sometimes. 5 goals in 28 appeances from LWB.

Ryan Giles, Wolves (loan at Middlesbrough). Very good going forward. Wolves did rinse Forest for MGW though, with Giles being a top assister in Championship two seasons in a row.

Luke Thomas, Leicester (if relegated). Unsure if this might require ridiculous money. But Leicester aren't short in this position and he could play every week for us. I've got a feeling he made his debut against us in the dark days of 20/21.

I had a 4th name I was going to put here but I've gone blank... I think it was the best one as well.
Dasilva Bristol City out of contract this summer.

Dasilva Bristol City out of contract this summer.
Aha, yes that's it, the freebies! Thanks. Da Silva and I think there's another decent LWB on a free. No brainers in my opinion.

I had a 4th name I was going to put here but I've gone blank... I think it was the best one as well.
I know its different levels and he's only a kid but Thomas didn't look great the past few weeks and he'd be most expensive out of the lot.

Giles would be my pick. He's looked very good every time I've seen him.
He's been out on loan 4 or 5 times now, Wolves must be ready to sell.

Don't know much about Cirkin.

I know its different levels and he's only a kid but Thomas didn't look great the past few weeks and he'd be most expensive out of the lot.

Giles would be my pick. He's looked very good every time I've seen him.
He's been out on loan 4 or 5 times now, Wolves must be ready to sell.

Don't know much about Cirkin.
I must admit I've not seen much of Thomas playing in the last two seasons, so I'm not wildly informed on him. Just instinctively thought he looked like he had all the tools, when I had seen him.

They aren't overly impressed with Da Silva.

Manning is worth a look if he's on a free.
Not sure we'll be able to afford Ryan Giles without selling Max Lowe (which we should try to do, he isn't PL).

Don't rate DaSilva. Average Championship player.

They aren't overly impressed with Da Silva.

On this note, Pring looks very good when I've seen him. But doubtless they won't sell a young talent cheap.

Id look at Doig from Hellas Verona. 20 years old Scottish International.

I don't think the club would want to spend that much money on a player when we have a few options in that position. It was the same last season. But personally if we had the cash , Giles would be first on my shopping list. He maybe short defensively in the Prem, but if we want to buy players who we can improve and he's finished the season at left back for Boro. Can also play the inside left role and if we go down an absolute banger for assists in the Champ. But otherwise I like Manning, also covers a few positions. I do have a worry given the numbers, we may go with what we've got in this role though.

Id look at Doig from Hellas Verona. 20 years old Scottish International.

Serie A is currently a hot bed of young, handsome, attacking LWB's, all with perfect hair (Ah-hoo, wingbacks of Italy).

Emanuele Valeri - 24yrs old - LWB - Cremonese
Carlos Augusto - 24yrs old - LWB - Monza
Antonio Gallo - 23yrs old - LWB - Lecce
Liberato Cacace - 22yrs old - LWB - Empoli
Fabiano Parisi - 22yrs old - LWB - Empoli

You'd also have a look at Lee Buchanan 20yrs old - LWB - Werder Bremen.

I don't think the club would want to spend that much money on a player when we have a few options in that position. It was the same last season. But personally if we had the cash , Giles would be first on my shopping list. He maybe short defensively in the Prem, but if we want to buy players who we can improve and he's finished the season at left back for Boro. Can also play the inside left role and if we go down an absolute banger for assists in the Champ. But otherwise I like Manning, also covers a few positions. I do have a worry given the numbers, we may go with what we've got in this role though.
Assuming Stevens and Osborn are leaving, contracts expired... That leaves RND (may need more months recovery) and Lowe who I don't think any of us fancy as a regular player in the Prem. On paper we have x2 LWB there true. I suppose we will see.

I think we need at least one. Manning probably most suited and likely due to being free and being strong in the tackle as well as a bit of an all rounder, and has played LCB a bit.

Romain Perraud
Brandon Williams
Josh Doig
Jamal Lewis
Paulo Otavio (free)
Hassane Kamara
Harry Toffolo

I prefer Manning to Da Silva. The latter is better on his day but he's also inconsistent. Giles would be great but Wolves will want too much. I'd rather take the free and spent that money on midfield.

Ki-Jana Hoever who spent this season at Stoke. Is a RWB but has drifted to LWB when needed (had the "pleasure of watching Stoke occasionally this year through girlfriend and her family) and seems good both offensively and defensively. Was on loan from Wolves and I assume will still be down the pecking order so could be quite cheap

Doig would be a great shout but he only signed a 4-year deal with Verona in 2022.....appears he started well but faded with them and he has come in for some criticism with Verona deep in a relegation scrap. They would want at least the £3m they paid Hibs back you would have thought, which isn't too bad....but any better than Manning on a free....maybe not!

Doig is really good going forward and has the physical frame to develop into a solid athlete. More than enough time to improve defensively. Could probably keep him if relegated too, and he'd stand out in the championship. I hope Verona don't go down but for our sake it might be useful if they do

Borna Sosa at Stuttgart would be the dream signing, but it remains to be seen what level of interest he attracts. I'd expect top half clubs from all leagues to be interested

Cashin at derby looked good against the oinkers
we could send Lowe the other way and reduce the fee

Serie A is currently a hot bed of young, handsome, attacking LWB's, all with perfect hair (Ah-hoo, wingbacks of Italy).

Emanuele Valeri - 24yrs old - LWB - Cremonese
Carlos Augusto - 24yrs old - LWB - Monza
Antonio Gallo - 23yrs old - LWB - Lecce
Liberato Cacace - 22yrs old - LWB - Empoli
Fabiano Parisi - 22yrs old - LWB - Empoli

You'd also have a look at Lee Buchanan 20yrs old - LWB - Werder Bremen.

Carlos Augusto would be my no.1 transfer target after Doyle. Probably out of reach for us as there are champions league level teams rumored to be interested (as there were for Berge!), but he's fantastic and I would be willing to spend a large portion of our budget on him. Only downside, he has far from the perfect hair you promise.

I posted his highlight reel on another thread, and its the most fun highlight reel I've seen in a while.

Carlos Augusto would be my no.1 transfer target after Doyle. Probably out of reach for us as there are champions league level teams rumored to be interested (as there were for Berge!), but he's fantastic and I would be willing to spend a large portion of our budget on him. Only downside, he has far from the perfect hair you promise.

I posted his highlight reel on another thread, and its the most fun highlight reel I've seen in a while.

Strongly linked with the Toon.....next!

Antonio Gallo will break some hearts in S2.

355361.jpg

What about that kid that was in the Wales squad fairly recently?

Back
Top Bottom