Player Suggestion Left Wing Backs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've seen him a handful of times for Leicester. Their crowd loved him (as they would a local boy) mainly because he really gets stuck in.

From a very small sample I'd say he's a little bit messy, it's not like we'd look at him and think "he's quality". But in a very George way which always goes down well at the Lane, he's a proper hundred percenter, tries his arse off and gets stuck in.

He's not Maldini but us lot tend to love a trier who gives everything don't we? I reckon he's the exact opposite of Max Lowe - Lowe looks a lovely footballer but lacks heart. This lad doesn't look classy but gives his all. Great signing I reckon.

I've seen him a handful of times for Leicester. Their crowd loved him (as they would a local boy) mainly because he really gets stuck in.

From a very small sample I'd say he's a little bit messy, it's not like we'd look at him and think "he's quality". But in a very George way which always goes down well at the Lane, he's a proper hundred percenter, tries his arse off and gets stuck in.

He's not Maldini but us lot tend to love a trier who gives everything don't we? I reckon he's the exact opposite of Max Lowe - Lowe looks a lovely footballer but lacks heart. This lad doesn't look classy but gives his all. Great signing I reckon.
So a younger version of Ben Osborn?

I think it counts towards the 2 domestic
I thought you could loan more from the Championship as they don't count as the two PL loans? Might be talking complete horse poo here though so ignore if so!

That'll do for me. I'm partial to footballers with inconsistent end product but loads of flair, but Max Lowe isn't really that either, and we don't need that at LWB. He's a steady eddy type, doesn't excel at any particular asset but at the same time is a reasonable and athletic footballer. If Thomas is like Baldock that'll do for me, can't be too bad if he's played that many times for Leicester in the PL.

I thought you could loan more from the Championship as they don't count as the two PL loans? Might be talking complete horse poo here though so ignore if so!
I think it’s just a 2 limit from all domestic clubs these days (England and Wales)

Being realistic about who we could attract and afford at this moment, Thomas seems a decent signing.

Lowe switches off too much for me and will cost us regularly. Ossie injured and as much as I like him, I wouldn't be comfortable relying on him at LWB regularly. Yasser needs time and patience but we can't afford him playing week in week out imho with no suitable alternative.

I suggested this a few days ago such a natural fit for us ticks all the boxes just hope we have an option to buy if we stay up

I know we need a LWB but what a situation where we are paying for 5 first teamers for 1 position, unless he can cover other posiitions. ND - Lowe - Osborn - Larouci and possibly Thomas. This must really eat into the budget, can't remeber a situation where we needed this many players for 1 position.

It doesn't strike me as a great deal.
He's unwanted by Leicester in the league below...

I know we need a LWB but what a situation where we are paying for 5 first teamers for 1 position, unless he can cover other posiitions. ND - Lowe - Osborn - Larouci and possibly Thomas. This must really eat into the budget, can't remeber a situation where we needed this many players for 1 position.
Aye but realistically we know that Osborn is more a midfielder or utility man, and Norrington Davis....we don't know.

It's 3 with one a loan player. I'd imagine if RND does get back fit, we'll get rid of Lowe.

Maxwel Cornet could have been interesting
Transfer listed at West Ham reportedly
Played left back for Lyon but got moved to left mid at Burnley and ultimately spent half of his minutes up front for them
Never really got minutes at West Ham, but having someone with that kind of versatility could be good

Aye but realistically we know that Osborn is more a midfielder or utility man, and Norrington Davis....we don't know.

It's 3 with one a loan player. I'd imagine if RND does get back fit, we'll get rid of Lowe.
Still, what a drain on resources

We know why that is though.

🩼🤕🚑🚨

I feel I may be a bit harsh here. But how gormless do you have to be to injure yourself on a sprinkler?

It's a pretty dopey thing to do isn't it? It's not like he can say "who put that there?!"

🤦‍♂️

It doesn't strike me as a great deal.
He's unwanted by Leicester in the league below...
That's not true. I've been into work today (I work in Leicester) and a number of their ST holders think he's a really good fit. Very athletic, ok going forward but weaker defensively. He's quite slight though so Leicester are concerned he'll get knocked about in the Championship, so happy to loan him, but definitely don't want to sell. If they get promoted then they either want him back or want a lot of money for him.

For the record. he's an England U21 player who has won the FA cup and the Community Shield and made 56 EPL appearances. Pretty decent loan signing in a problem position for us I'd say.

That's not true. I've been into work today (I work in Leicester) and a number of their ST holders think he's a really good fit. Very athletic, ok going forward but weaker defensively. He's quite slight though so Leicester are concerned he'll get knocked about in the Championship, so happy to loan him, but definitely don't want to sell. If they get promoted then they either want him back or want a lot of money for him.

For the record. he's an England U21 player who has won the FA cup and the Community Shield and made 56 EPL appearances. Pretty decent loan signing in a problem position for us I'd say.
Isn’t he out of contract next summer? If so, they won’t be selling him…

Isn’t he out of contract next summer? If so, they won’t be selling him…
Not sure about that. I know they don't want to sell him, but they think his natural home is the EPL so they'd rather let him develop there, rather than hold him back for 12 months in the championship.

They fully expect to be promoted (not arrogance, just the realisation that they've got a lot of good players), so they want him back in 12 months when he's stronger and more experienced.

I've no idea about his contract situation though.

We need at least one young LWB. Suggestions:

Dennis Cirkin, Sunderland. 21, sold by Spurs last summer, has played quite regularly this season. Might even be able to fill in at LCB sometimes. 5 goals in 28 appeances from LWB.

Ryan Giles, Wolves (loan at Middlesbrough). Very good going forward. Wolves did rinse Forest for MGW though, with Giles being a top assister in Championship two seasons in a row.

Luke Thomas, Leicester (if relegated). Unsure if this might require ridiculous money. But Leicester aren't short in this position and he could play every week for us. I've got a feeling he made his debut against us in the dark days of 20/21.

I had a 4th name I was going to put here but I've gone blank... I think it was the best one as well... EDIT: (of course) Free agents Da Silva (Bristol City), Ryan Manning (Swansea). Surely we'll sign at least one of these two.
Luke Thomas, feels like a potentially excellent deal, especially if we can get him for free (albeit compensation) at the end of the season.

Just played a couple of times in the England U21 trophy win. Played a decent amount of Prem football for his age.

He's broadly going to be our first choice LWB now, surely. With Larouci as the more attacking option.

Luke Thomas, feels like a potentially excellent deal, especially if we can get him for free (albeit compensation) at the end of the season.

Just played a couple of times in the England U21 trophy win. Played a decent amount of Prem football for his age.

He's broadly going to be our first choice LWB now, surely. With Larouci as the more attacking option.
Cheers for your week late post BB. Classic as ever bud ❤️

Back
Top Bottom