Player Suggestion Left Wing Backs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It seems a bit odd to me that the club never brought him on board
Fast forward ten years to Jay being head of recruitment, Ben the Director of Football, Roy replacing and Gary Sinclair...

Serie A is currently a hot bed of young, handsome, attacking LWB's, all with perfect hair (Ah-hoo, wingbacks of Italy).

Emanuele Valeri - 24yrs old - LWB - Cremonese
Carlos Augusto - 24yrs old - LWB - Monza
Antonio Gallo - 23yrs old - LWB - Lecce
Liberato Cacace - 22yrs old - LWB - Empoli
Fabiano Parisi - 22yrs old - LWB - Empoli

You'd also have a look at Lee Buchanan 20yrs old - LWB - Werder Bremen.

Hopefully Nic gets back posting agin, some reyt knowledge.

Ryan Giles who i wanted us to sign played for Luton yesterday,as did Mads Andersen as did Tahith Chong.

a more relevant question is surely could those signings have improved our squad? I think the answer is yes tbf
Lutons approach is similar to ours in thst they also have e little more eu and are buying younger players who will either be good enough for the championship or sold for a profit. The main difference so far is that their signings have experienced English football and ours don't.

Serie A is currently a hot bed of young, handsome, attacking LWB's, all with perfect hair (Ah-hoo, wingbacks of Italy).

Emanuele Valeri - 24yrs old - LWB - Cremonese
Carlos Augusto - 24yrs old - LWB - Monza
Antonio Gallo - 23yrs old - LWB - Lecce
Liberato Cacace - 22yrs old - LWB - Empoli
Fabiano Parisi - 22yrs old - LWB - Empoli

You'd also have a look at Lee Buchanan 20yrs old - LWB - Werder Bremen.
Emanuele Valerie is a cracking lwb definitely worth a pop he can take set pieces too

Lutons approach is similar to ours in thst they also have e little more eu and are buying younger players who will either be good enough for the championship or sold for a profit. The main difference so far is that their signings have experienced English football and ours don't.
Yes that's a fair point, but not really much premier league experience between them. Ours are an unknown quantity so could end up being far better signings if they settle quickly.

The one I find a bit weird is Larouci. He seems to be playing in the reserve 11 in the friendlies. If he's not good enough to displace Lowe then that's a slight worry.

Took 4 points from us last season and some wise signings if they finish above us that would be beyond poor
Took 4 points off us but still finished miles below us. They can take 6 off us next season for me as long as we finish 17th or higher.

Yes that's a fair point, but not really much premier league experience between them. Ours are an unknown quantity so could end up being far better signings if they settle quickly.

The one I find a bit weird is Larouci. He seems to be playing in the reserve 11 in the friendlies. If he's not good enough to displace Lowe then that's a slight worry.

Think there was a reason he was only a loan with option to buy, rather than outright permanent

A big worry. If we don't have a strong LWB we're pretty fucked. Surprised we've gambled with that position to this extent

Giles @ £4/5m was an instant upgrade. Probably the best LWB in the Championship.
Luton bought him.

Larouci we've paid about £1m loan fee with £3/4m option.

I know where I'd have spent my money.
Presume it's the Prince not wanting to spend because, at a guess, PH would've rather gone for the known entity.

To put things into perspective; a couple of years ago the majority was talking about how that team that signed a load of decent Championship players didn’t work as a transfer policy.
That team and that policy was our own. I’m not saying history will definitely repeat itself; but it’s worth bearing in mind.

Giles @ £4/5m was an instant upgrade. Probably the best LWB in the Championship.
Luton bought him.

Larouci we've paid about £1m loan fee with £3/4m option.

I know where I'd have spent my money.
Presume it's the Prince not wanting to spend because, at a guess, PH would've rather gone for the known entity.
Wrote the lad off already then
Giles is ok good stats ,great crosser gets up and down well
Would have liked him as an enda type w/b but ive honestly seen boro play loads and never been particularly impressed by him

Williams gone to Ipswich on loan with option to buy. That's a serious fuckin signing.
ipswich are really going for it could see em finishing top 6 while pigs are pissing about getting non descript 2nd rate foreign signings would suprise me if the cisco kid was sacked after cardiff have beaten em on saturday

Faitout Maouassa still available, and would be option number 1 for me

Diego Rico at Sociedad is another option. Ex Bournemouth. Sociedad have signed Kieron Tierney and have another 1 or 2 who can play there. Rico could be available. Would improve us a lot

just wonder with mcburnie back fit again that heckys 2 loans might be mcatee and a lwb now that left side has been our downfall so far this season

Back
Top Bottom