Board cost us a point today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It isnt like playing football manager. New players have to learn the system, the league. Bash knows it inside out while slimane has been here for a few weeks.
The only time Bash has played CM for us is to fill in for an injury crisis.

He’s starting for us first game of the season in the Prem and people think we’re going to be alright. Fucking hell. It’s beyond me how blinded by loyalty some people are

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
Dont know if you’ve noticed but points are going to be scarce this season. We’ve not created a single clear cut chance.

This squad wouldnt get out of the championship. If you believe its going to keep us in the Prem, you’re a fucking idiot

😂😂😂 fucking doom slayer. Get off my notifications you neggy cunt.

He has a point to be fair.

This side wouldn’t get out of championship.

Few weeks left to sort it.

Which is exactly my point??? It’s too early, do you seriously think our starting line up is the one we’ll start with for the rest of the season?

Some of you cunts haven’t got a fucking clue.

Embarrassing.

Definitely a reality check for us, we've made some positive signings recently but definitely need a few more in. Please sign some dribblers who can pick a pass, Palace had plenty of them today!

Which is exactly my point??? It’s too early, do you seriously think our starting line up is the one we’ll start with for the rest of the season?

Embarrassing.
It wont be far off. Look at the subs. We need an entire squad to survive.

I agree to some degree with the OP with ownership they just need to get a move on and sell the club and in the meantime get our transfer targets in.

That said will we keep ignoring the elephant in the room, that is this revolving door of injuries we seem to have. We ended the season expecting Brewster and RND to be missing for the start of this season we now have around 7 or 8 injured.

New players yes we most certainly need but even if we get all our targets are we going to be sat here in October wondering why half the squad are injured?

Crystal Palace are basically in the same boat as us. Their bench was terrible. It seems a lot of owners don’t care anymore.

Hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahah

Why dont you stop replying to me then you happy clappy spaz?

You’re not a fan. You’re an armchair shoutboxxer.

Toddle off back to wanking off to Fortnite son.

Embarrassing.
That’s the point.

We’ve managed to assemble a squad over the course of 2 months that led to us having a starting midfield of Basham, Osborn and Norwood with Osula and Traore up front.

The season started today, no one is being impatient expecting us to field a better team today.

That game was winnable. We lost it.

It’s one thing not getting signings over the line, but to cause an absolute clusterfuck of a situation by not getting alternatives/replacements ready for when you sell your 2 star players and leave us with probably barely even a championship level midfield and attack is an absolute disgrace.

They did well today in the way a league one team does well in a cup match with home advantage.

There are positives from the match but the 2007 relegation shows how big one point can be in the Prem.

Disgraceful, the board and recruitment teams needs to get its arse in gear because I’m still in utter disbelief this has happened.
Board? We haven't got a board. We have one single person in charge. This isn't a cooperative or group of shareholders. And to blame a recruitment team is not right. They have worked their arses off all summer to be humiliated, ignored and driven into the ground by a one man 'board'!

It’s one thing not getting signings over the line, but to cause an absolute clusterfuck of a situation by not getting alternatives/replacements ready for when you sell your 2 star players and leave us with probably barely even a championship level midfield and attack is an absolute disgrace.

They did well today in the way a league one team does well in a cup match with home advantage.

There are positives from the match but the 2007 relegation shows how big one point can be in the Prem.

Disgraceful, the board and recruitment teams needs to get its arse in gear because I’m still in utter disbelief this has happened.

Hecky said a month ago in his interview we’d be doing business late in the window .. I just don’t get why .. the club knew Berge & Illy’s contract situation & could have forced the issue sooner if it’s the finances .
Agree with the comments we are effectively having our pre season in first games 2 of which are against our potential rivals .
Piss poor panning whichever way you look that I’m afraid ⚔️

The only time Bash has played CM for us is to fill in for an injury crisis.

He’s starting for us first game of the season in the Prem and people think we’re going to be alright. Fucking hell. It’s beyond me how blinded by loyalty some people are
Loyalty? Reality more like. Some of us understand how football works. None of us think basham and osborn in midfield is OK for the longer term but we can see why that decision was made today. Stop moaning and see how things are in a months time.

It isnt like playing football manager. New players have to learn the system, the league. Bash knows it inside out while slimane has been here for a few weeks.
Didn't work though. Bash is a stalwart but shouldn't be starting in PL. Neither Norwood. I think we just have to write off today. We'll get better. With a new midfield of Souza Hamer and hopefully another signing in there plus Archer upfront in addition. Traoe was a bright spark. I liked him. A bit like Ady Littlejohn, fast, a pain to play against. And no I don't mean just cos of skin colour.

Board? We haven't got a board. We have one single person in charge. This isn't a cooperative or group of shareholders. And to blame a recruitment team is not right. They have worked their arses off all summer to be humiliated, ignored and driven into the ground by a one man 'board'!

You have no clue about anything to do with the business of football. I’m not even going to entertain you. You’re boring. I’ll bookmark this thread when we’re up and running and I suggest you do the same. Now stop fucking annoying my phone.

Loyalty? Reality more like. Some of us understand how football works. None of us think basham and osborn in midfield is OK for the longer term but we can see why that decision was made today. Stop moaning and see how things are in a months time.

And this is exactly why the board will get away with the shit they’ve pulled this summer. You think its okay that this is the current situation as if we didnt have any choice.

The point is, we’ve fucked about so much that we’ve ended up in a place where were so woefully under prepared for the Prem and people are actually trying to defend it. Its complete bollocks and I’m astounded that people cant se it.

Hecky said a month ago in his interview we’d be doing business late in the window .. I just don’t get why .. the club knew Berge & Illy’s contract situation & could have forced the issue sooner if it’s the finances .
...because we have to wait for other clubs to fill their squads as otherwise we end up in a bidding war for our targets that we cannot possibly win.

Problem is we had to sell Sander and Iliman in order to get the alternatives and replacements in. We were also desperate to delay selling them as long as possible to see if they would both stay/sign contracts so it created a perfect storm. It’s one game and there’s already quality players in place in the wings with more to come. We weren’t humiliated and this is the worst team we will put out all season. It’s more a case of the Board being mad than bad and I’m not sure how we could have recruited the quality we all want without selling off some of the family silver first. We are a long way from a crisis here and improving from a 0-1 defeat with the worst team we could put out doesn’t feel like a mountain to climb to me
Just to point out; we haven't got a 'board'

And this is exactly why the board will get away with the shit they’ve pulled this summer. You think its okay that this is the current situation as if we didnt have any choice.

The point is, we’ve fucked about so much that we’ve ended up in a place where were so woefully under prepared for the Prem and people are actually trying to defend it. Its complete bollocks and I’m astounded that people cant se it.
Go and protest at the lane then and stop moaning on here. Some of us understand the situation isnt great but we deal with it in a grown up way. Get yer shoes off in the car park 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom