Gone Elsewhere Malik Tillman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whilst he was fantastic last season I'm not completely sold on Akpom, especially if he's expensive by our standards.

However, if we get in all those you've mentioned I'd be over the moon and much more optimistic.
Agree, don't think many Blades realise that Akpom is nearly 28 years old and apart from last season when he was brilliant
he has struggled to score everywhere. His career has been underwhelming so far.

Logic suggests he's probably a ONE SEASON wonder....however if we can get him at the right price he's worth the risk.

I dont think many of you understand how akpom actually plays and seem to think he is a billy sharp type player who thrives on being fed the ball round the area
Thats not what ive seen when ive watched him
I see an attacking midfielder with a great first touch ,vision and awareness who often gets on the ends of quick passing moves round tge edge of the are he has usually started with a quick give and go or clever short pass
I hope you’re right, otherwise it very much seems we’re in the market for another players on the back of one outlying Championship season. The only positive I’d say is that it sounds like we’re not paying top dollar.

Tillman would get moved on easily in todays market. Still a good age and has bags of potential, it’s a low risk investment. Akpom on the other hand is a few million quid less, much older, one good season in his career so far.
Doesn’t Akpom have a pretty poor injury record - suppose he would fit in perfectly at BDTBL.

Better not be us making Akpom speed his decision up as this would be amazing 🤩

If it’s a mandatory option then that’s fine as he’s basically our player we’re just not paying upfront same as structuring a deal with a low upfront fee but big add ons

For me this is the signing that wipes out the Ndiaye pain. Looks a bit more of a MGW mixed with a Chuba from the footage I've seen.

Do PSV have €10m to throw around?
They've got a net spend of £10m this transfer window and were rumoured to be in financial difficulties last year, but they sold Gakpo to Liverpool for £40m in January.

PSV sold Madueke to Chelsea for £28.5m in January and Gakpo to Liverpool for £35 million so obvs have some money to chuck around + a good story to sell around being a stepping stone to elite clubs.

Real kick in the gut if he does go to PSV, think he'd be a quality signing and walk straight into the starting eleven adding some much needed creativity.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom