Recruitment - bouncing back

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
A thread to discuss how we react with the loss of Ndiaye, our mist influential and creative player. We wont be able to replace him directly and therefore we'll have to spread the burden across more positions.

We should now have an increased budget and more chance of attracting some established players.

So, what do we need for the first team to be competitive, as a min I would suggest (suggested/rumoured players in brackets);

LCB - (Auston Trusty?)
MID - (Lewis Cook I have heard, not a particularly exciting signing but has PL experience, and from these parts)
MID - (McAtee or Chumwueke loan)
ATT - (Malik Tillman?)
ATT - (?)

Then we need some squad fillers for depth;

CB - (Axel Tuanzebe?)
MID - (?)
ATT (?)

Thoughts?

I know I have no control or right to ask, but if we could keep a thread on track and not descend it into a 'who dunnit' type thing on the Ndiaye stuff that'd be great. Need some escapism from that haha!

A thread to discuss how we react with the loss of Ndiaye, our mist influential and creative player. We wont be able to replace him directly and therefore we'll have to spread the burden across more positions.

We should now have an increased budget and more chance of attracting some established players.

So, what do we need for the first team to be competitive, as a min I would suggest (suggested/rumoured players in brackets);

LCB - (Auston Trusty?)
MID - (Lewis Cook I have heard, not a particularly exciting signing but has PL experience, and from these parts)
ATT - (Malik Tillman?)
ATT - (?)

CB - (Axel Tuanzebe?)
MID - (?)
ATT (?)

Thoughts?

I know I have no control or right to ask, but if we could keep a thread on track and not descend it into a 'who dunnit' type thing on the Ndiaye stuff that'd be great. Need some escapism from that haha!
Assuming our budget has now doubled to £40m, Tommy Doyle should be a priority closely followed by Lewis OBrien.
A midfield of Sander, Doyle and OBrien would be fantastic.

Assuming our budget has now doubled to £40m, Tommy Doyle should be a priority closely followed by Lewis OBrien.
A midfield of Sander, Doyle and OBrien would be fantastic.
Personally my preference out of all the linked names is Chumwueke, think he'd be brilliant. However - that'd be on loan. Your approach would be a lot more sensible.

Personally my preference out of all the linked names is Chumwueke, think he'd be brilliant. However - that'd be on loan. Your approach would be a lot more sensible.
Not a chance he would be available for loan with Chelsea only currently having 3 central midfielders. Talented player obviously

Not a chance he would be available for loan with Chelsea only currently having 3 central midfielders. Talented player obviously
Chelsea are said to be undecided. Think this one would be late into the window when Chelsea have done their business.

Personally don't see the point in getting loans as it'll just be a waste, save the loan money for next season. Current policy of young foreign talent is best IMO.
Give them time to settle here and let the Premier league hit then straight in the face to learn they won't have much time on the ball and everything has to count! Going into the championship with a harsh reality will make or break them

LCB - (Auston Trusty?)
ATT - (Malik Tillman?)
ATT - (?)

CB - (Axel Tuanzebe?)
MID - (?)
ATT (?)

Thoughts?

Sadly I don’t think the increased budget will be equivalent to the fee received, and even if it were, it’s a very small amount in context.

The key thing is to build a balanced squad on sensible contracts and with a scope to improve in the next two years.

Your suggestions are perfectly decent but they only make a dent in the task. Over to PH and his little book of miracles.

One thing is certain that whoever we recruit, even if it’s someone no one has heard of and is playing in outer mongolia we will have posters who say he’s a triffic player, watched him loads, and there will be someone else saying my mates supports that team so I’ll ask em.

Back
Top Bottom