Retained List

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We can’t get a fee for Norwood. He’s out of contract and if we do not re-sign him he can walk for nothing.
Cheers - thought I’d gone mad for a minute reading that ”rumour”, haha.

Y
Not sure why the uproar that we haven't announced the list yet.

The club and staff will all know this information. Not sure what benefit there is to us knowing it.

Surely someone on here knows someone at the club who will give them the lowdown?

The BBC has the list from 15 championship clubs on its website. 2 can't really go yet due to playoffs so we are in the last 7 to go live.

As ever I'm sure this will a critical effect on our transfer plans. Why oh why is it always us?

I just don't buy all this 'keep them around for their experience' or 'they know the system' so are worth keeping. These players we are talking about weren't good enough the last season in the Premier league never mind now when they are 3 years older.

Stevens and Fleck should definitely be going, I'm not averse to Billy been given a coaching role but on coaches wages and Norwood will be consistently bypassed whether he starts or comes off the bench. Between them they must be taking 100k a week, or not far short of that, in wages. That could be spent on 2 or 3 younger players who are athletic and durable and who could be sold on for more if they work out or will be able to excel if we get relegated.
This. Just, this. It's that simple.

Not sure why we are delaying the release of this list, had to be into the EFL by Saturday just gone so get just on with it!

Ah well, you see, in United's history, this period we're currently in will be referred to as the Errea era. It's a time of delays: ownership battles, delayed kit releases, drawn out fit and proper checks, retained list. Everything takes forever. The Errea era.

A lot of clubs have released the retained list, but we are one of the clubs who hasn't.

About 4 players have been signed across all the leagues.

What's the big urgency with knowing who is on the list?? We all pretty much know who will be on it.

Cool your jets people, we are not even on the rollercoaster ride that this summer is going to be yet.

The BBC has the list from 15 championship clubs on its website. 2 can't really go yet due to playoffs so we are in the last 7 to go live.

As ever I'm sure this will a critical effect on our transfer plans. Why oh why is it always us?
If it is decided in house why does it negatively affect our transfer plans ?

They’re probably waiting to see if those who’ve been offered deals will accept, before fully confirming. Or perhaps awaiting the go ahead on funding any contract renewals (we’re hardly prompt at these things!)

It doesn't. And anyway, the list will have been submitted to the EFL, just not broadcast through the official channels. That's the clubs choice. Whatever.

Yeh Sorry, I was taking the piss. It's been a very boring day at work. I thought my "why oh why is it always us" might have given it away, but alas, someone on this thread has probably put something similar on seriously. 16 teams now BTW

Fingers crossed it's not got Fleck, Basham, and Fatlad on.
Haven't got an issue with Fatlad being kept on as a coaching role, he might be able to teach the young uns a thing or two.
UTB

Haven't got an issue with Fatlad being kept on as a coaching role, he might be able to teach the young uns a thing or two.
UTB

Basham is here for another a year.

Has Fleck done enough to stay?

There is a list tracking them on the BBC.

17 have been communicated so far. Four Play Off teams are allowed additional time for obvious reasons, meaning we are one of three not in the end of season knock out not to have shared the details.

The other two are Watford and Cardiff who both effectively have no manager.

On twitter it was mentioned that some contracts are unresolved though given we were promoted after West Brom you’d think we could have avoided being the ones pushing he deadline to it’s limits. No point beating the club for no reason (maybe I just did that!) but West Brom was almost an entire month ago. Embargo or no embargo, it should have been clear what we planned to do. Or is it that the non-sale of SUFC before the season begins has only just been accepted and therefore some players may get a reprieve to respect a lower budget?

There is a list tracking them on the BBC.

17 have been communicated so far. Four Play Off teams are allowed additional time for obvious reasons, meaning we are one of three not in the end of season knock out not to have shared the details.

The other two are Watford and Cardiff who both effectively have no manager.

On twitter it was mentioned that some contracts are unresolved though given we were promoted after West Brom you’d think we could have avoided being the ones pushing he deadline to it’s limits. No point beating the club for no reason (maybe I just did that!) but West Brom was almost an entire month ago. Embargo or no embargo, it should have been clear what we planned to do. Or is it that the non-sale of SUFC before the season begins has only just been accepted and therefore some players may get a reprieve to respect a lower budget?

It's not clear what we plan to do, because the Prince is trying to sell the club.

Things are in a state of flux because of this.

If the deadlines mentioned are correct, then the decisions have been made. The only delay is the announcement to the general public.
It could be for the good of players who we've released, but may take back depending on what other offer they get.
So player Joe Bloggs, doesn't get announced as released and back playing on a revised deal, looking like he wasn't wanted here. He's just still here.

UTB
All three have been fantastic servants for the club.
Whether they are or aren’t, they deserve our respect as fans.

If the deadlines mentioned are correct, then the decisions have been made. The only delay is the announcement to the general public.
It could be for the good of players who we've released, but may take back depending on what other offer they get.
So player Joe Bloggs, doesn't get announced as released and back playing on a revised deal, looking like he wasn't wanted here. He's just still here.
In fairness a lot of teams will say they are still in discussions with player A. Not sure why United need to be a special case.

Without all the facts it could be just moaning for the sake of it but having promotion wrapped up early and knowing what division we'd be in should have been an advantage.

Back
Top Bottom