Retained List

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s that bloody sniper from training ground, clearly bored, decided to shoot a few pigeons to waste time and took out the carrier one with the retained list

Might need to let club know

Was wondering this morning; will we get (emotional) farewell video(s) from Billy, Flecky and Enda from SUFC?

In fairness a lot of teams will say they are still in discussions with player A. Not sure why United need to be a special case.

Without all the facts it could be just moaning for the sake of it but having promotion wrapped up early and knowing what division we'd be in should have been an advantage.
Exactly this.

I always keep an eye on Harrison Holgate who plays for Fleetwood as I know his mother and knew him as a kid.

Harrison is out of contract this year but Fleetwood still managed to confirm their retained list some time ago, they just added a note that Harrison has been offered a new contract.

No news yet on whether he's inclined to sign it or not but at the end of the day that's his own business.

If Sharp, Stevens and Fleck are in the match day squad the first game of next season, we truly are fucked. I will lose interest big time and will also be mightily pissed off if we’re to become a gravy train for past it players. I had enough of that in the mid 80’s with McNaught, Withe, Thompson etc. How can we bring youth through into the first team if we’re playing 84 year old players? It’s about time we cut the apron strings to the class of 2017.

Last edited:
there can be no room for sentiment
we need super fit young talent to compete in the prem.
contracts are up on several that is the harsh reality of football

Liverpool are discarding a lot of their legends to make room for fresh faces
Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. all waved bye bye
we need to be as ruthless

If Sharp, Stevens and Fleck are in the match day squad the first game of next season, we truly are fucked. I will lose interest big time and will also be mightily pissed off if we’re to become a gravy train for past it players. I had enough of that in the mid 80’s with McNaught, Withe, Thompson etc. How can we bring youth through into the first team if we’re playing 84 year old players? It’s about time we cut the apron strings to the class of 2017.
It's a bit doom and gloom that! Your entire statement is built on a situation that isn't going to happen. Sharp, Fleck and Stevens couldn't get in the side last season, so considering we are likely to bring in 5 players, and also with a striker and a left back coming back from injury, it's probably an absolute worst case scenario which might already be impossible, obviously dependent on the retained list.

I don't get where the strength of feeling comes to say that you will lose interest, why do you go straight there rather than any of the more likely outcomes.

Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. all waved bye bye

Naby 'fucking' Keita. £48m of transfer fee leaving on a free. :oops:

Pigs retained list, off topic mind, will be entertaining considering the ages of the players in that squad. Most should be retiring.

I will get shot down for this, but I would rather see the back of the OOC players other than brewster ,McBurnie and JLT
If we have to start with the kids so be it
Wes
Anel,Egan,RND
Furious Arblaster Brooks Lowe
Berge brewster Ndiaye

Amissah
Bogle
Jebbison
Osula
JLT
McBurnie
Etc
I think we're all agreed we need midfielders and lhs defender's
Doyle choudrey and obrien on permanents are the options for me for midfield
No doubt there's some left field signings that we don't know about yet
I dislike all the rumours of 30 plus players as we should be concentrating on youth
The thing is we aren't that deluded to think we will be in anything but a relegation battle

It's a bit doom and gloom that! Your entire statement is built on a situation that isn't going to happen. Sharp, Fleck and Stevens couldn't get in the side last season, so considering we are likely to bring in 5 players, and also with a striker and a left back coming back from injury, it's probably an absolute worst case scenario which might already be impossible, obviously dependent on the retained list.

I don't get where the strength of feeling comes to say that you will lose interest, why do you go straight there rather than any of the more likely outcomes.
Saying I would lose interest might be a bit strong from myself. I think I’d feel frustration if they were given new contracts. Nothing against them as players or as people, been fantastic servants. I don’t want us to stagnate, new players be it bought or brought through the youth ranks creates interest. If they are given contracts I will be disappointed but if they do play they will have my full support.

Saying I would lose interest might be a bit strong from myself. I think I’d feel frustration if they were given new contracts. Nothing against them as players or as people, been fantastic servants. I don’t want us to stagnate, new players be it bought or brought through the youth ranks creates interest. If they are given contracts I will be disappointed but if they do play they will have my full support.
Completely agree with that, there's no place for sentiment in football, and none of them have pulled up any trees in the last two seasons except for Sharp. I just can;t see any of them doing well a level up. But maybe there's room in the dressing room for Sharp, his role as club captain has been valuable to new players understading the identity of the club. Just not sure that's worth an extention of his current wage. Would much arther see him move into a coaching role

I will get shot down for this, but I would rather see the back of the OOC players other than brewster ,McBurnie and JLT
Wes
Anel,Egan,RND
Berge brewster Ndiaye

Amissah
Bogle
Jebbison
Osula
JLT
McBurnie
Etc
I dislike all the rumours of 30 plus players as we should be concentrating on youth
The thing is we aren't that deluded to think we will be in anything but a relegation battle
spot on with those 3 midfielders for me get those 3 signed up and weve got some hope of surviving

Wes
Anel,Egan,RND
Berge brewster Ndiaye

Amissah
Bogle
Jebbison
Osula
JLT
McBurnie
Etc
I don't think Arblaster, Osula, Brooks are ready yet, might be wrong there but to have played less than a handful of games in the Championship and League One to then be in the 25 man squad in the PL is too big a step in my view. I would imagine a season on loan in the Championship or League One will be the best option and then see how they do from there. If they have to play a lot in a team that is struggling I would be worried for what that would do for their confidence also.

I wouldn't sign Norwood either to be honest as I don't think he's good enough for the PL, even as a backup, but he is an experienced pro and it won't phase him playing PL football even if he won't be good enough to play regularly, in a squad role I would be less concerned but saying that if we get injuries then I wouldn't want Norwood playing regularly as I think he's had better days now. Releasing too many players to can disrupt the team spirit somewhat so it's a difficult one. The likes of Arblaster won't play much if they're only squad players unless we get injuries so I would say that's another reason why they'd be better served on loan somewhere.

I don't think Arblaster, Osula, Brooks are ready yet, might be wrong there but to have played less than a handful of games in the Championship and League One to then be in the 25 man squad in the PL is too big a step in my view. I would imagine a season on loan in the Championship or League One will be the best option and then see how they do from there. If they have to play a lot in a team that is struggling I would be worried for what that would do for their confidence also.

I wouldn't sign Norwood either to be honest as I don't think he's good enough for the PL, even as a backup, but he is an experienced pro and it won't phase him playing PL football even if he won't be good enough to play regularly, in a squad role I would be less concerned but saying that if we get injuries then I wouldn't want Norwood playing regularly as I think he's had better days now. Releasing too many players to can disrupt the team spirit somewhat so it's a difficult one. The likes of Arblaster won't play much if they're only squad players unless we get injuries so I would say that's another reason why they'd be better served on loan somewhere.
As I said It's midfield that's our issue the 3 I have named if signed would hopefully be enough to occupy the 2 spot's in midfield between them on rotation and/or play a flat 3 as hecky likes to do sometimes, going forward if we couldn't manage to stay in the premier league it would set us up with a hell of a midfield for the championship
Another couple of defenders like anel wouldn't go amiss as well 😁
I think we have enough up front with Brewster jebbison mcburnie and osula ( I know you don't think osula is ready but let's give the lad a go )

I'm 99% certain that I could save the club a fortune in recruitment if they want to take the approach of many here:

a) load up Google Sheets
b) Type Enter player age here: into cell A1
c) Fill cell B1 with some bright colour that makes it so obvious as to where to put the age even Fallowfield could work it out
d) Type Decision: into cell A3
e) Type =if(b1<29,"Not Ready - Loan","Past It - Sell") into cell B3

I didn't really look at the forward line but Brewster isn't fit and when he does play he may as well not be fit. Jebbo is still not ready to play regularly yet, not in the PL and again like Osula would benefit from playing every week on loan somewhere but I'd favour him staying over Osula as Jebbo is further on in his development. McBurnie only as a backup in the PL I would say but maybe Hecky sees it differently but I'd like someone stronger and more athletic like Carlton Morris as I've said many times on other threads but not sure we can afford him. I like the midfield signings you suggested but we need at least two centre forwards signing for me. I'm hoping something like this:

1 New keeper, if not happy with Wes
2 Baldock
3 Manning or RND
4 Egan
5 Anel
6 New LCB
7 Berge
8 Doyle/new signing also for cover like O'Brien, release Norwood
9 New LCM/new signing for competition - release Fleck and Osborn
10 Ndiaye
11 Morris

Other players
Robinson
Bogle
McBurnie
Pukki
Wes

Something like that but I would like an upgrade on Baldock also for someone able to supply more attacking threat from the RWB but I think we'll go with Baldock and he will still do a job in fairness, certainly defensively.

They aren't in a financial mess though. They've planned to refresh the squad, will have identified replacements and know the funds are available.

As I said It's midfield that's our issue the 3 I have named if signed would hopefully be enough to occupy the 2 spot's in midfield between them on rotation and/or play a flat 3 as hecky likes to do sometimes, going forward if we couldn't manage to stay in the premier league it would set us up with a hell of a midfield for the championship
Another couple of defenders like anel wouldn't go amiss as well 😁
I think we have enough up front with Brewster jebbison mcburnie and osula ( I know you don't think osula is ready but let's give the lad a go )
Osula - Jebbison, see Giralamo - Reed. A million miles away from the prem, division one at best.

Seems a good reason to give up your interest in the club.

I think we should forget about Brewster. No evidence to say he’s going to stay fit for long enough to prove anything in the Prem.
Osula, Jebbison and the rest of the youth could barely cut it in the championship, not remotely close to being ready for the prem.

Not really bothered about the retained list as those that are/should be on it shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 on the first day of next season. Regardless of budget we have some holes to fill, only 5 positions filled for me

GK - ?

RWB - Furious George (just)
RCB - Anel
CB- Egan
LCB - ?
LWB - ?

CDM - ?
RM - Sander
LM - ?

10 - Ndaiye

ST - ?

Back
Top Bottom