JTW positions required

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Danny actually wanted serious suggestions from serious ball knowledgers he would've obviously just come on here

I see Danny posted on Twitter asking for loan signing suggestions that were realistic.

Wish people would think before they post.

Here are some of them and why they are quite frankly ridiculous to suggest as January arrivals:

Pukki - why would Norwich loan their main striker while they still have a chance of play offs?

Simms - Everton just recalled him because they feel they need him. He's also now played for both Sunderland and Everton so can't play for another even if he wanted to.

Dennis - see Simms

Stewart - see Pukki

Keinan Davis - why would Watford cancel his loan and then loan him to a rival when he's in their team?

Madine - why would Blackpool loan their main striker when they are trying to stay up? He's also under contract for a while.

Evans - see Pukki

Carlton Morris - see Pukki

Clarke Harris - the guy is the first choice striker for Peterborough. Why would they loan him out?

Dykes - a bit tongue in cheek after Warnock, but see Pukki.

🤦‍♂️
i agree with you but if we do bring a striker in its more likely from the premier league not the championship players like surridge archer armstrong and ferguson at brighton players who wont be featuring in the premier league in the 2nd half of the season those championship strikers could be on our radar if we get promoted

i agree with you but if we do bring a striker in its more likely from the premier league not the championship players like surridge archer armstrong and ferguson at brighton players who wont be featuring in the premier league in the 2nd half of the season those championship strikers could be on our radar if we get promoted
I would agree with all those you've mentioned but suggesting players who are first picks at their club or not even eligible to make the move in the first place is just 🤦‍♂️

I would agree with all those you've mentioned but suggesting players who are first picks at their club or not even eligible to make the move in the first place is just 🤦‍♂️
think with all those fringe players weve named it depends how quickly their clubs move in the transfer market we may well have to wait till deep in the window to bring anybody in

If Hecky is to believed , the only incomings will be if the board allow Khadra to return. Word is that he really is concerned about bids coming in for our best players. Previously, HRH has stood firm, will his attitude change now?????? Have the prospective buyer's inserted any clause's regarding selling player's???? If I was going to invest, I would insist on keeping the best asset's, for now, should we not get promotion, then sell. Let's all hope this is sorted asap.

I think the Board's tactics in Jan could be along one of three lines: (i) they really are overspent on budget (following the AA signing and no outgoings for fees) and can't afford to spend leverage any more to allow more signings (especially if HRH had to fund the Beerschot injection), (ii) incomings are dependent on the outcome of the Khadra negotation with Brighton and whether it will free-up sufficient resources to fund an alternative loan or (iii) they're not showing their hand and have lined up signings to bolster Utd's promotion chances.

I hope the answer is (iii) but suspect it's either (i) or most likely (ii).

Why should I know that, thought you were the fountain of all knowledge, although hardly difficult to come to that conclusion.
now kindly explain how Anel is playing for us when we have not paid for him?
No point explaining as you wouldn’t believe me but time is ticking on those comments I made. You have one, you’ll get the lot soon enough.

No point explaining as you wouldn’t believe me but time is ticking on those comments I made. You have one, you’ll get the lot soon enough.
Are you saying that we have not paid any instalment of Anel's fee at all or we are having problems in paying the next instalment?

Here is a summary - please correct if I am wrong or add any points I have missed.

1. We won't be signing anyone in January.
2. Osula might come back and a current bench filler might go back.
3. We still owe money on some players.
4. The new owners have already started to cover some costs?
5. The sale is being rushed through as we are skint and the Prince doesn't want to throw any more money at it.
6. The takeover bid is from a continent not usually associated with football club takeovers, not Africa, Antarctica or Oceania (Australia?)
Andy67
the points that you made were summarised by shirty in the above post
1) You said that we would not be signing anyone, which has then changed to something along the lines of we may sign a relatively big money loan to give us a boost.
2) you do not need inside info to think that Osula may come back as he was getting no game time at Derby, but fair enough you seem to have got it right.
3) we owe money on lots of players it is the way transfer business is done.
4)no idea of that one and doubt it will be proven other than details of a loan in the next accounts.
5) no idea on this one but we have managed to pay all costs to date, not sold anyone and if he wants to sell it is in his interest to “rush“ it through assuming everything is in order.
6) the takeover is from a continent not usually associated with football, including Africa. You then however said it was Africa.

lets See what happens in the fullness of time, let’s hope you are receiving the attention that you crave

Someone in Shoutbox said that transfer embargos are usually put on clubs when a takeover is close to completion. Is that what you meant?

A bit more than that but in the fullness of time you’ll all know.

Andy67
the points that you made were summarised by shirty in the above post
1) You said that we would not be signing anyone, which has then changed to something along the lines of we may sign a relatively big money loan to give us a boost.
2) you do not need inside info to think that Osula may come back as he was getting no game time at Derby, but fair enough you seem to have got it right.
3) we owe money on lots of players it is the way transfer business is done.
4)no idea of that one and doubt it will be proven other than details of a loan in the next accounts.
5) no idea on this one but we have managed to pay all costs to date, not sold anyone and if he wants to sell it is in his interest to “rush“ it through assuming everything is in order.
6) the takeover is from a continent not usually associated with football, including Africa. You then however said it was Africa.

lets See what happens in the fullness of time, let’s hope you are receiving the attention that you crave
Include khadra going back. Enjoy.

The local Brighton press have been talking about him going back since early December and must admit he has been having lots of starts and game time so you must be right.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom