JTW positions required

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can only assume Khadra is being frozen out and his wages being used to finance a deal for a striker
I feel loathed to respond to anything you say but I can tell you not much will be saved there.

I feel loathed to respond to anything you say but I can tell you not much will be saved there.

Why get rid then if he's not saving us much? Doesn't seem to make much sense terminating his loan just to bring Osula back

Why get rid then if he's not saving us much? Doesn't seem to make much sense terminating his loan just to bring Osula back
Maybe if we keep him and play him, we might then be obligated to buy him if he fulfils certain criteria- games played / goals scored, and PH has decided he doesn’t want him?

Maybe if we keep him and play him, we might then be obligated to buy him if he fulfils certain criteria- games played / goals scored, and PH has decided he doesn’t want him?

Heard this said before and it makes sense to get rid if that's the case

Reactions: HVR
(it makes perfect sense) Osula young and hungry striker!

I do think people hoping we will bring anyone in next month will be disappointed. It's all about keeping players (and keeping them fit) for me. If we start February with this squad I would snatch your hands off personally
To avoid disappointment the sooner everyone gets on the same page that a good window = no ins and no outs, the better.

We have senior players coming back. Every manager always wants more and every team encounters injuries. However, we have more or less two senior pros per position with room to spare:
(3-4-3, to keep it simple)
G (2 for 1 spot)
Foderingham/Davies
WB (4 for 2 spots)
Baldock/Bogle/Stevens/Lowe
CB (6 for 3 spots)
Anel/Basham/Egan/Clark/Robinson/RND
CM (5 for 2 spots)
Norwood/Doyle/Coulibaly/Fleck/Osborn
RF/LF (4 for 2 spots)
Berge/McAtee/Ndiaye/Khadra
CF (4 for 1 spot)
McBurnie/Sharp/Brewster/Jebbison

25 senior players. That's not including most of the young lads.

All keepers and wing-backs are now fit. It will be a couple of months until we see Norrington-Davies again but we still have 5 senior pros for 3 positions meaning there is every chance a strong option won't even make the bench, even despite one being injured.

We have 5 players for central midfield. In the next few weeks 4 will be options (not sure with Fleck) and both Berge and McAtee, who I included further up the pitch, have shown an ability to drop back, further extending this. They did this against Blackpool.

We have 8 players to occupy 3 forward berths with only Brewster, who hasn't exactly been Mr Consistent, the only notable absentee.

Burnley have been lucky with injuries so far. They pretty much named their first choice XI yesterday or at least had them to call on in the matchday squad. Take 7 or 8 out of their line up and see how they do.

Just got to keep the pressure on. But in the meantime, sticking with what we have is a good outcome. Let's not be greedy and let's not be those fans who ignore financial realities and think it's easy to spend other people's money.

In the meantime, we owe QPR one. They certainly didn't deserve to beat us at home in what would have been a chastening goal for Doyle and Wes. Time to redress the balance on Monday.

Surely we’d want someone with experience rather than a relatively untried youngster?
In a weird sort of way I wouldn't mind swapping them out.

Given his prior League One exploits, Jebbo might just have a better chance of ousting Collins and benefiting of playing alongside McGoldrick. There might be more of an expectation that he gets picked as he's a more established name, at least at that level.

Conversely, Osula returning, taking stock of what he has learned may not be overly disappointing for the lad especially if he makes our bench. He seems to have a bit more physicality, a bit more Hussle and Bussle about him, which is probably more attuned to what we need.

I could of course be talking bollocks!

it has to be slightly concerning that osula has been started only 3 times by warne hes not the answer for me both him and jebbison need to go out on loan again for the 2nd half of the season we need a striker in that were confident of scoring goals in the championship if khadra has to go back to brighton to fund that signing it has to be done imo

To avoid disappointment the sooner everyone gets on the same page that a good window = no ins and no outs, the better.

We have senior players coming back. Every manager always wants more and every team encounters injuries. However, we have more or less two senior pros per position with room to spare:
G (2 for 1 spot)
Foderingham/Davies
WB (4 for 2 spots)
CB (6 for 3 spots)
CM (5 for 2 spots)
RF/LF (4 for 2 spots)
CF (4 for 1 spot)

All keepers and wing-backs are now fit. It will be a couple of months until we see Norrington-Davies again but we still have 5 senior pros for 3 positions meaning there is every chance a strong option won't even make the bench, even despite one being injured.

We have 5 players for central midfield. In the next few weeks 4 will be options (not sure with Fleck) and both Berge and McAtee, who I included further up the pitch, have shown an ability to drop back, further extending this. They did this against Blackpool.

We have 8 players to occupy 3 forward berths with only Brewster, who hasn't exactly been Mr Consistent, the only notable absentee.

Burnley have been lucky with injuries so far. They pretty much named their first choice XI yesterday or at least had them to call on in the matchday squad. Take 7 or 8 out of their line up and see how they do.

Just got to keep the pressure on. But in the meantime, sticking with what we have is a good outcome. Let's not be greedy and let's not be those fans who ignore financial realities and think it's easy to spend other people's money.

In the meantime, we owe QPR one. They certainly didn't deserve to beat us at home in what would have been a chastening goal for Doyle and Wes. Time to redress the balance on Monday.

I take your points, and they're well made, but I have to disagree.
Billy Sharp, very sadly, is proving that he can't be relied upon consistently anymore. Father Time has finally caught up with him.
Daniel Jebbison isn't up to it at Championship level. He's still too raw and needs to develop elsewhere.
Rhian Brewster is out, likely until March, and due to being so injury prone is totally inconsistent.
That only leaves Oli McBurnie and he too is making his way back from injury and a lengthy lay-off (if we discard his brief cameos this side of the WC break).

I really feel that we're one option short up there.
We should send Khadra back, loan Jebbison out and bring in one more legitimate option up front. They don't have to be a world beater, just somebody that can cover ground and link play. The goals will come from everywhere, they don't have to be prolific.

I take your points, and they're well made, but I have to disagree.
Billy Sharp, very sadly, is proving that he can't be relied upon consistently anymore. Father Time has finally caught up with him.
Daniel Jebbison isn't up to it at Championship level. He's still too raw and needs to develop elsewhere.
Rhian Brewster is out, likely until March, and due to being so injury prone is totally inconsistent.
That only leaves Oli McBurnie and he too is making his way back from injury and a lengthy lay-off (if we discard his brief cameos this side of the WC break).

I really feel that we're one option short up there.
We should send Khadra back, loan Jebbison out and bring in one more legitimate option up front. They don't have to be a world beater, just somebody that can cover ground and link play. The goals will come from everywhere, they don't have to be prolific.
agree 100% captain and think hecky is thinking the exact same surely were paying a good wedge of khadras salary which wont be cheap if we cant bring anybody in if we send him back we really must be skint

I wonder if osula being an option for a utd team currently creating lots of chances would perform better than stuck on the bench for a Derby team hardly setting their league alight?

Billy is still leading the line with his age and experience and as a team we're scoring goals, without doubt mcburnie back in the form he was in should be a shoe in but osula is a very different prospect than Jebbison and could do the job we need better than at Derby in an agricultural league.

agree 100% captain and think hecky is thinking the exact same surely were paying a good wedge of khadras salary which wont be cheap if we cant bring anybody in if we send him back we really must be skint

Sadly, suspect Khadra's wage is probably quite low. I don't think he's not played a first team game for them yet. At a guess, getting him and Jebbison off the books for the remainder of the season might free up £10k a week(ish).

You don't have to be itk to know that

Osula might be coming back in Jan
We still owe money on transfers

Nowt new there.

There's three continent not listed - Asia, The America's, and Europe. They are the three main continents associated with takeovers. Unless there's some undiscovered continent waiting for Scott to rock up and stick the union jack on it.

I'm calling BS in Andy67
Atlantis

G (2 for 1 spot)
Foderingham/Davies
WB (4 for 2 spots)
CB (6 for 3 spots)
CM (5 for 2 spots)
RF/LF (4 for 2 spots)
CF (4 for 1 spot)

We need a striker to come in this JTW to cover the jeopardy of having McBurnie and Sharp out at the same time Jebbison is still learning and Brewster might be out for months to come yet.
Who could come and do that job ?

We need a striker to come in this JTW to cover the jeopardy of having McBurnie and Sharp out at the same time Jebbison is still learning and Brewster might be out for months to come yet.
Don't throw your toys out of the pram on the 1st of February when we've signed nobody. The club have been consistent in the message that the aim of the window is to keep the squad together with no incoming. If there's no money for additions, there's no money for additions

Don't throw your toys out of the pram on the 1st of February when we've signed nobody. The club have been consistent in the message that the aim of the window is to keep the squad together with no incoming. If there's no money for additions, there's no money for additions
i get your point luke and as you say if weve no money for new additions so be it however we will not have a better chance of getting back to the premier league somehow we need to bring another striker in imo were short up top anyway couple of injuries to nidaye and mcburnie and were in trouble personally i think we will bring a loan striker in if that means khadra going back it has to be done

The prince is selling because he doesn't have the money. He is not going to magic some up from the back of the sofa.

The only required change is the ownership to be a wealthy and intelligent football brain! I think the squad is good enough as is.

You would have Ndiaye, backed up by Berge and McAtee.

The problem we also have is selling the move to a player.

“Come join us. You’ll get a game IF McBurnie isn’t fit and Sharp isn’t fit and we don’t decide to play Ndiaye through the middle where he scored 3 in 6 at the end of last season.”

Who comes in of any caliber under those terms?

You would have Ndiaye, backed up by Berge and McAtee.

The problem we also have is selling the move to a player.

“Come join us. You’ll get a game IF McBurnie isn’t fit and Sharp isn’t fit and we don’t decide to play Ndiaye through the middle where he scored 3 in 6 at the end of last season.”

Who comes in of any caliber under those terms?
Premiership players coming back from injury ?

Probably already mentioned, but surely if we are to add personnel then cover for Norwood and another strike will suffice. God knows who is available with Norwood's attributes?

Simms has been recalled to Everton. Could we use him or perhaps Maupay?

Back
Top Bottom