Brewster and McBurnie Charged

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McBurnie is charged with Common Assault, but based on today's evidence given, shouldn't he be up for ABH as the kid says he was injured, albeit a bruised shin.

Or is that new information that the kid forgot to mention before court?

The charge was uprated to “assault by beating”, Matt.

McBurnie is charged with Common Assault, but based on today's evidence given, shouldn't he be up for ABH as the kid says he was injured, albeit a bruised shin.

Or is that new information that the kid forgot to mention before court?
I believe they sometimes go for a lesser charge as they think they’re more likely to get a conviction.

What a waste of time.

Isn't the common sense outcome,

Fan publicly told that the situation came about as a result of him breaking the law by being on the pitch and a bit of a dressing down about his general actions towards OMc.

OMc told to sort his anger issues out and how to deal with the situation better, whilst acknowledging that he shouldnt be in that position at work.

Not sure there is any route to that though.

What a waste of time.

Fan publicly told that the situation came about as a result of him breaking the law by being on the pitch and a bit of a dressing down about his general actions towards OMc.

OMc told to sort his anger issues out and how to deal with the situation better, whilst acknowledging that he shouldnt be in that position at work.

I'd personally like Brinkley to be fed to sharks but I agree in the main

What a waste of time.

Unfortunately the fact he was there illegally isn't going to factor in to it.
He was either assaulted or he wasn't.

Reading that, it makes it difficult to understand why the charges against RB were dropped as all three seem to have been proven yesterday.
The key for OM is whether point 1 can be proven.
Point three is the crucial one.
Tripping over a person on the floor in a melee is not intentional nor reckless.
Proving it was to the extent needed for a conviction may be tricky.

Try stepping over someone laid on the floor when you are wearing a big plastic moon boot while being jostled and pushed by a crowd surrounding you. If the dog nonce was stepped in it is highly likely it was accidental. I'd suggest this trial is a complete waste of public money.
so were cheds 2 trials , but they happened

Reading that, it makes it difficult to understand why the charges against RB were dropped as all three seem to have been proven yesterday.
The key for OM is whether point 1 can be proven.
Watching the video taken from the stand it looks like RB pulls Dog Nonce away from Bogle and on to the floor, which is probably seen as a reasonable course of action to protect his colleague given the situation they found themselves in with Billy having just been attacked moments earlier.

McBurnie is then argued to have stamped on him by Dog Nonce plus 2 other witnesses which certainly could be the case from the video which can be argued isn't a reasonable course of action if you are simply defending yourself.

Personally if I was in that situation and managed to get somebody you believe to be attacking you (or somebody with you) onto the floor you probably would stamp on them to stop them getting straight back up and having another go. McBurnie's defence I'm guessing will either be that he tripped or that he was taking steps to protect himself when he thought him and his mates had effectively becoming sitting ducks.

As an aside its interesting to see the Forest stewards didn't seem to do anything to protect the players in the first place which could have stopped all this but stood there and took in every detail to give against them in court. Lowlifes at that club from top to bottom.

Anyway I hope the £500 compensation that the Dog Nonce will probably end up with is worth making such a show of himself for.

I can't imagine that the CPS would have taken this to court if they didn't think there was a serious case to answer, however having seen the post match scenes on the video (posted earlier) I can't believe they don't believe there are extenuating circumstances.

I was in the away end on the night and I stood and watched (from the back row) the mob of Nottingham Forest fans trying to get at the Blades fans as they left the stadium. I suggest if there had been less stewards required to hold the Forest fans back, there might have been more stewards available to prevent the mob attacking Billy Sharp and the follow up nonsense wouldn't have happened. As I see it the culprits were the Forest fans on the pitch and Nottingham Forest FC for not having adequate security.
Get thee sen to court as a witness. Tha’s convinced me

Watching the video taken from the stand it looks like RB pulls Dog Nonce away from Bogle and on to the floor, which is probably seen as a reasonable course of action to protect his colleague given the situation they found themselves in with Billy having just been attacked moments earlier.

McBurnie is then argued to have stamped on him by Dog Nonce plus 2 other witnesses which certainly could be the case from the video which can be argued isn't a reasonable course of action if you are simply defending yourself.

Personally if I was in that situation and managed to get somebody you believe to be attacking you (or somebody with you) onto the floor you probably would stamp on them to stop them getting straight back up and having another go. McBurnie's defence I'm guessing will either be that he tripped or that he was taking steps to protect himself when he thought him and his mates had effectively becoming sitting ducks.

As an aside its interesting to see the Forest stewards didn't seem to do anything to protect the players in the first place which could have stopped all this but stood there and took in every detail to give against them in court. Lowlifes at that club from top to bottom.

Anyway I hope the £500 compensation that the Dog Nonce will probably end up with is worth making such a show of himself for.
Have you got a link to the "video taken from the stand" please? Edit: Found.

Last edited:
I think this video gives the best overall view of procedings, although the quality is a bit grainy, even with it set to HD:

At 13 seconds you can see the yellow-shirted cunt who headbutted Billy run right to left from the bottom-right corner (Billy off screen).

McB and co are at the right of the tunnel, and you can clearly see McB trying to "go after" yellow shirt.

At 19 seconds you can see the Forest-shirted dog nonce bouncing up to a bunch of our lads and then McB and Rhian appear.

There does seem to be one steward there, but with all the bodies around I highly doubt anyone got a clear view.

TBF does look like Oli probably stamped on him...

Unfortunately the fact he was there illegally isn't going to factor in to it.
He was either assaulted or he wasn't.
Surely it’s a mitigating factor is it not. If I assault somebody in the street compared to whether a threatening intoxicated ( possibly) mob invade my place of work , seriously assaulting, a colleague and I ( feeling threatened ) lash out ?

Think this silly bastard thinks he’s getting a big pay out from McBurnie because he’s a millionaire footballer, unfortunately for him this isn’t America, he’ll be lucky to get more than £500 compensation awarded from the court.

Plus his fee from The Sun, for his exclusive story, babes.

On the positive side. Ben Stokes got cleared of his alleged assault, that was in front of a jury though. His confrontation was clearly filmed but they decided he was provoked, could work out that way for OM , hopefully.

McBurnie's defence I'm guessing will either be that he tripped or that he was taking steps to protect himself when he thought him and his mates had effectively becoming sitting ducks

McBurnie has denied stamping on him at all. There's 3 witnesses stating he did stamp on him:

The Dog botherer - who doesnt appear to have seen who it was despite blaming him on Instagram the following day, then seeing the video a couple of days later

The 14 year old

The forest employee - who said Oli had his hood up and was moving around quickly. The videos clearly show no sign of a hood, and he was in a bloody moonboot so wasn't exactly sprinting around

On that basis the witnesses are pretty damn unreliable, Oli has straight up denied any stamping, so no doubt he'll be found guilty and miss the rest of the season before going back to Swansea on a free.

On the positive side. Ben Stokes got cleared of his alleged assault, that was in front of a jury though. His confrontation was clearly filmed but they decided he was provoked, could work out that way for OM , hopefully.

Hmmmmm …. private school educated cricketer and Council estate bred footballer. Something cynical in me thinks they won’t get treated comparably.

Try stepping over someone laid on the floor when you are wearing a big plastic moon boot while being jostled and pushed by a crowd surrounding you. If the dog nonce was stepped in it is highly likely it was accidental. I'd suggest this trial is a complete waste of public money.
I'd suggest that the dog fondler was a complete waste of his dads spunk and mums egg

Back
Top Bottom