An 11 to get a result at Luton..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. It
2. Doesn’t
3. matter
4. We
5. Will
6. Lose
7. Whatever
8. Team
9. Mcatee
10. Diaz
11. Not Souza
I thought you'd have gone with a different 9, 10, and 11

9. Because
10. Of
11. Hecky

;)

Eh? Bryson not even half as good as Whitehouse
Big call that one.

Jock did well for us. Both scored 38 goals, Jock in 156, Whitehouse in 238 according to Wikipedia.

I will concede that Jock got some of those further down to start with but he did well
for us in the top flight.

Both were good value during the period.

I’ve never really wanted to compare them but I think saying Jock was less than half as good is a little harsh. Both were valuable assists when they were in the team; Jock magnificent vs Spurs in the 6-0 drubbing.

Bryson got 8 goals in the 91/92 season and 7 in the prior season. The most Whitehouse managed was 5 and 6 in his two top flight seasons.

Loved both of these. I just remember how unglamorous Jock and his Mrs made being a footballer look! Both came over very well of course but it was a time before real money polluted the game. Nobody ironed like Kirsty Bryson! That’s what I seemed to remember from the United doc, her always doing housework!

No Ivo so surely it's Wes.

Wes,
Bogle, Anel, Robbo, Trusty,
Hamer, Souza
McAtee, BBD,
McBurnie, Archer

RND seemed to get too exposed vs Villa. It will surely take him a bit to get back to where he was before injury. Brooks is a prospect but can blow hot and cold for me.
Hamer has to start to give the midfield a bit more protection and some more attacking nous. Archer is further on and better than Osula for me right now.

Wes,
Hamer, Souza
McAtee, BBD,
McBurnie, Archer

RND seemed to get too exposed vs Villa. It will surely take him a bit to get back to where he was before injury. Brooks is a prospect but can blow hot and cold for me.
Hamer has to start to give the midfield a bit more protection and some more attacking nous. Archer is further on and better than Osula for me right now.
4 at back with 5 attacking players? (Hamer box to box but more attacking than defensive imo)

Wes,
Hamer, Souza
McAtee, BBD,
McBurnie, Archer

That would force us to play long and would therefore play exactly to Luton's strengths. Tweak it slightly and it might work though:

Wes
Holgate - AA - Robinson - Trusty/RND
Hamer - Souza - Brooks
McAtee - McBurnie - BBD

Subs: Amissah, Trusty/RND, Larouci, Bogle, Davies, Norwood, Brewster, Archer, Osula

McAtee owes us a performance at Kenilworth Road after his debut there last season; Hamer, Souza and Brooks can bring some balance and mobility into the midfield. The subs give us options; Archer can come on for Brereton Diaz at the 70/75 min mark to provide a different threat if needed.

Can’t see beyond a comfortable Luton win tbh. Won’t that put them about 15pts ahead of us?

Big call that one.

Jock did well for us. Both scored 38 goals, Jock in 156, Whitehouse in 238 according to Wikipedia.

I will concede that Jock got some of those further down to start with but he did well
for us in the top flight.

Both were good value during the period.

I’ve never really wanted to compare them but I think saying Jock was less than half as good is a little harsh. Both were valuable assists when they were in the team; Jock magnificent vs Spurs in the 6-0 drubbing.

Bryson got 8 goals in the 91/92 season and 7 in the prior season. The most Whitehouse managed was 5 and 6 in his two top flight seasons.

Loved both of these. I just remember how unglamorous Jock and his Mrs made being a footballer look! Both came over very well of course but it was a time before real money polluted the game. Nobody ironed like Kirsty Bryson! That’s what I seemed to remember from the United doc, her always doing housework!
Bryson was often nesh when it comes to challenging. He had just one good season for us and that was in the 2nd division in 1989/90 season. Wasn't good enough in the top division. Whitehouse was out injured between October 1992 and March 1993 after breaking his leg in the League Cup match against Bristol City

That would force us to play long and would therefore play exactly to Luton's strengths. Tweak it slightly and it might work though:

Wes
Hamer - Souza - Brooks
McAtee - McBurnie - BBD

Subs: Amissah, Trusty/RND, Larouci, Bogle, Davies, Norwood, Brewster, Archer, Osula

McAtee owes us a performance at Kenilworth Road after his debut there last season; Hamer, Souza and Brooks can bring some balance and mobility into the midfield. The subs give us options; Archer can come on for Brereton Diaz at the 70/75 min mark to provide a different threat if needed.
If McAtee owes us a performance then fk knows what the rest owe us ☹️

Bryson was often nesh when it comes to challenging. He had just one good season for us and that was in the 2nd division in 1989/90 season. Wasn't good enough in the top division. Whitehouse was out injured between October 1992 and March 1993 after breaking his leg in the League Cup match against Bristol City
Agree to disagree on this one, Silent Blade

Jock had decent spells in the top flight in my opinion. He was particularly instrumental in the run after Christmas when we turned around the 4 points from 16 start.

7 goals and 8 goals for a winger in the top division isn't to be sniffed at.

Like many Blades I was a fan of Dane too.

Interested to know what others think of Jock.

Jock had decent spells in the top flight in my opinion. He was particularly instrumental in the run after Christmas when we turned around the 4 points from 16 start.

I liked Jock. One of the very few two footed players in my time (Deane as well).

However, my comment above was just a throwaway comment based on my typo earlier. I'd not even considered who the best left sided attacking player I've seen for us was :)

I liked Jock. One of the very few two footed players in my time (Deane as well).

However, my comment above was just a throwaway comment based on my typo earlier. I'd not even considered who the best left sided attacking player I've seen for us was :)
Throw Hodges into the mix and it gets a bit messy!

Fair to say Bassett did well with left sided wingers for us as much as he did Goalkeepers.

To be right, his centre forward picks weren't too shabby either ;)

I thought you'd have gone with a different 9, 10, and 11

9. Because
10. Of
11. Hecky

;)
Didn’t need to write that he and the recruitment signings ruined it before start of the season.

Both of you were schoolboys at the time! I was in my late 20s and early 30s and understood football well at the time.

Both of you were schoolboys at the time! I was in my late 20s and early 30s and understood football well at the time.
Ha ha. I can’t be offended with you making me feel young!

The older I get, I feel the less I understand 😂

Although I can apply that to many things in life!

Wes
Hamer - Souza - Brooks
McAtee - McBurnie - BBD

I disagree why does it force us to play long? You'd have more outlets from defence and midfield.

I disagree why does it force us to play long? You'd have more outlets from defence and midfield.
You're advocating a 4-2-4 in effect. Only works if you hit the channels or aim to pick up the second balls because Luton's midfield will press Hamer and Souza while McAtee and BBD are both going to push on.

You're advocating a 4-2-4 in effect. Only works if you hit the channels or aim to pick up the second balls because Luton's midfield will press Hamer and Souza while McAtee and BBD are both going to push on.
Kind of, more of a 4-2-2-2. McAtee and BBD would drop back into a 4 at times. But in possession we would presumably have more options to work into.

Only problem is we don’t have three capable centre halves. Due to Wilder totally messing up the transfer window, we’re left with only Robinson. Trusty is probably next best, the other two aren’t anywhere near good enough.
This transfer window was an opportunity to bring in a strong CB who's comfortable playing in a 2 or a 3. We got Holgate.

Throw Hodges into the mix and it gets a bit messy!

Fair to say Bassett did well with left sided wingers for us as much as he did Goalkeepers.

To be right, his centre forward picks weren't too shabby either ;)
Not sure our opinion counts for much though mate tbf 😉

Holgate should be nowhere near the starting line up
Classic Wilder cock up never mind signing him but putting him straight in against Villa

Why's that? Did he look any worse than the rest of them on Saturday?

Back
Top Bottom