Anel Ahmedhodžić out injured for 4 weeks!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd be inclined to give Khadra a go at LWB. He's filled in there before for Blackburn.
Two home games coming up, we usually dominate possession at Bramall Lane allowing the wing backs to push further up the field, so hopefully it isn't too difficult for him.

Baldock - Basham - Egan - RND - Khadra.

Would rather be solid and compact in the middle with a weak link out wide, than bring an inexperienced player into the back 3 where a wrong step could leave us wide open.

Also, two further bonuses (1) Khadra gives us a really positive attacking outlet from that area. We've already seen how good his right footed in swinging deliveries can be. (2) The lad could do with some game time.
It's certainly not a long-term solution but maybe a stop-gap until one of the left footers, or Anel returns.

I reckon he already had this injury with us and was asked to play through it due to our injury list. Remember hecky being quite downbeat about defensive injuries a week or two ago

Anel hadn't trained before one of our recent games but PH said that was due to a sickness bug.
I really hope it wasn't actually something to do with his thigh and he's now angered it.

7 games in October. If we come through that schedule injury free and still in the top 2 then it will be really starting to look positive for us.

I'd be inclined to give Khadra a go at LWB. He's filled in there before for Blackburn.
Two home games coming up, we usually dominate possession at Bramall Lane allowing the wing backs to push further up the field, so hopefully it isn't too difficult for him.

Would rather be solid and compact in the middle with a weak link out wide, than bring an inexperienced player into the back 3 where a wrong step could leave us wide open.

Also, two further bonuses (1) Khadra gives us a really positive attacking outlet from that area. We've already seen how good his right footed in swinging deliveries can be. (2) The lad could do with some game time.
It's certainly not a long-term solution but maybe a stop-gap until one of the left footers, or Anel returns.
i completely agree with you. I just think if we did this we also might need to tweak a little bit to make sure we're covered on left, which might include norwood dropping a bit deeper and wide in defence, with Khadra's pace and fitness i back him to go up and down that wing fairly quickly and with ease, and he'd at least be a body in defence

If he's played LWB before, then that could be an exciting option although he doesn't look like a defender to me and would be targeted by the opposition.

Why do we keep suggesting Khadra LWB, he's right footed for a start off? And he's as defensively aware as a thick layer of fog.

Panic over lads, I think I've sorted it...

----------------L1W---------------

----------------Egan--------------

Baldock----------------------RND

-------Norwood----Doyle--------

----Berge---Ndiaye---Khadra----

-------McBurnie---Brewster------

INTERNATIONAL BREAKS FOR THE PISS POT NATIONS BOLLOX. WHY? NOT EVEN A WORLD CUP QUALIFIER. FUCKING SCANDALOUS.
When you have the Premier League reportingly discussing what they are wanting to approach the FA & EFL with regarding the FA Cup & League Cup (no replay's in rounds 3/4 or at all) due to UEFA adding in extra teams for the Champions League, apart from the obvious cash there clearly is no logic or sense around Nations League.

Why do we keep suggesting Khadra LWB, he's right footed for a start off? And he's as defensively aware as a thick layer of fog.
Where was he when the move in which he scored started ? On the left side of our penalty area.
Right footed players on the left can cross dangerously with their right foot

Doyle to LWB
McAtee in midfield in the ‘Duffy role’ in front of Berge & Norwood.

Desperation and an optimism that there won't be as much defending to do in our next couple of home games. Will hopefully see him playing as more of a conventional left winger (which is natural for him).

Exactly. Consider the source. :)

I don't really understand the conspiracy, or motives behind anyone saying it if it weren't true.

Exactly. Consider the source. :)

I’m considering it and I’m still coming to the conclusion he’s injured?

I don’t see the point in delivering bullshit about his injury if he isn’t actually injured?

And I don’t see any gain against our opposition by stating he’s injured if he isn’t?

There could be more to it considering his stance on the Russia game, and its easier for his national team to say he's injured than it os to tell the truth. But until we hear anything else I guess we assume he's injured

Sorry chaps, but looking at almost everyone of these posts non of you would ever come close to being a footie manager. Some bizarre suggestions. Let's leave it to Hecky eh?

P.S Don't ask me my choice as i don't have a Scoobie.

There could be more to it considering his stance on the Russia game, and its easier for his national team to say he's injured than it os to tell the truth. But until we hear anything else I guess we assume he's injured

The Russia game is weeks away and Anel, and several other players, have openly come out and said they don't want to play the Russian game. Their FA is looking into ways of cancelling it.
I don't think any of the conspiracy theories ring true, I think we just need to accept he's quite obviously injured or else he'd be playing for Bosnia in their next couple of games.

I've watched every single game since he signed and can honestly say I can't remember Berge ever putting in a cross from out wide. How have you come to the conclusion he's the best crosser in the squad?

Getting to the byline and putting the ball in to the six yard box, yes he's brilliant, but the skill there is beating his man and getting to the byline, not the "cross".
Erm, what? He’s put loads of good crosses in from all manner of positions and situations around the right hand side of the box

Would be interested to see if Doyle could do a job there, if he wasn’t away with England.
Expecting him to turn up with 2 or 3 days before a game and pick up the lwb role is asking for trouble.

They tried the back 4 against wba in the cup and it was a good footballing performance in the first half.

Against brum I’d go

Wes

Baldock. Egan. Basham. RND

Berge. Norwood. Doyle

N’Diaye

Mcburnie. Brewster.

If brum sit back at the lane (as you’d expect) then the three forwards should work well, like it should’ve done against Preston if they’d sat back.

Would be interested to see if Doyle could do a job there, if he wasn’t away with England.
Expecting him to turn up with 2 or 3 days before a game and pick up the lwb role is asking for trouble.

They tried the back 4 against wba in the cup and it was a good footballing performance in the first half.

Against brum I’d go

Wes

Baldock. Egan. Basham. RND

Berge. Norwood. Doyle

N’Diaye

Mcburnie. Brewster.

If brum sit back at the lane (as you’d expect) then the three forwards should work well, like it should’ve done against Preston if they’d sat back.
We won't be playing a back four ,hecky would pick himself first

We won't be playing a back four ,hecky would pick himself first
He said in the interview after the wba game this it’s something they were looking at and acknowledged the possibility they might need to use it at some point.

Back
Top Bottom