Anel Ahmedhodžić out injured for 4 weeks!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It falls apart

Hopefully it's just actually 4 weeks and no more - is that too much to ask?

INTERNATIONAL BREAKS FOR THE PISS POT NATIONS BOLLOX. WHY? NOT EVEN A WORLD CUP QUALIFIER. FUCKING SCANDALOUS.

Would you rather us playing an additional two games between now and Birmingham that Anel would miss?

He'll probably miss 7 games including Norwich at home and WBA away

Perfect

We needed him to play 40 games. Let's see if we can knock it down to 25 and finish 3rd instead...

I've been wondering why Brooks (and not Gomis) has made the bench recently - maybe he's a better option for LWB than Gomis is for LCB ?
Or Hecky thinks Gordon can play LCB ?
I would rather have both on the bench to cover for either Bash or RND getting injured during a game (rather than change defensive formation).
Hecky must think that Brooks (and maybe even Gomis) is ready , as we seem to have made no attempts to bring in defensive cover despite skating on thin ice for ages.
Can only assume Gomis is not doing it in training. At 6 foot 3 left footed he's the perfect fit for JOC and he provides balance to the back 3 by being left footed.

He'll probably miss 7 games including Norwich at home and WBA away

Perfect

We needed him to play 40 games. Let's see if we can knock it down to 25 and finish 3rd instead...
He could be out for four weeks and only miss three games. This is an international source not our own medical team.

Take a problem cup of calm down!

Possibly he might have had a slight strain at the end of the Preston game. He did get a knock and it has only been made worse whilst on international duty.

I assume its a grade 1 thigh strain so that is at least 3 weeks off.

United really should be assessing out of contract left-sided defenders (e.g. those listed in a recent Star report) during the international break with a view to signing at least one. We need to keep the momentum alive to ensure promotion and this requires at least one left-sided signing if not two.

I think PH will play the young lad at LWB (Brooks)...as the currently formation is working I would be amazed if he changed this
I'd be even more amazed if Andre Brooks gets a game in the Championship
He'd be the left sided Seriki
Quite unbelievable this run of injuries, it's our biggest opponent this season

I've been wondering why Brooks (and not Gomis) has made the bench recently - maybe he's a better option for LWB than Gomis is for LCB ?
Or Hecky thinks Gordon can play LCB ?
I would rather have both on the bench to cover for either Bash or RND getting injured during a game (rather than change defensive formation).
Hecky must think that Brooks (and maybe even Gomis) is ready , as we seem to have made no attempts to bring in defensive cover despite skating on thin ice for ages.
None of them are ready, he is forced to pick them because of injuries in freakish numbers
The budget has been spent
Brooks was on loan at National North Bradford Pa when we were forced to recall him
Its staggering for the second season we are picking kids to make up the numbers

It’s ironic that as a club,we are renowned for being reluctant to divulge any specific information about a players injury and length of recovery time.The statement from Anel’s national manager about his injury,if true,will probably result in Hecky having a meltdown.

Something does seem a bit fishy here. He was moving ok at the end of the Preston game, if looking a little knackered, and I doubt there will have been many opportunities to crock himself in the meantime.

Bosnian Football Federation is reporting that Anel is out of action for 4 weeks. Absolutely gutted.

"The “A” national team players of Bosnia and Herzegovina are preparing for the September matches of the UEFA Nations League in Zenica. Defender Anel Ahmedhodžić will miss this national team’s action due to injury. Our stopper will be absent from the pitch for at least 4 weeks due to the rupture of the flat muscle of the anterior thigh, and will not be available to the head coach Ivayl Petev in the matches against Montenegro and Romania."
2 1/2 in reality.

Bad news, although not surprising. He's probably only played the last 4 due to lack of cover.

Maybe we'll switch to a back 4 until someone comes back? Christmas Tree formation looks doable to me...

Wes
Baldock-Basham-Egan-RND
Berge-Norwood-Doyle
Ndiaye-Khadra
McBurnie
Looks good on paper, but bash & Egan struggle in a two. McBurnie is also injured but hoping to be back so might have to throw Brewster into that team

Looks good on paper, but bash & Egan struggle in a two. McBurnie is also injured but hoping to be back so might have to throw Brewster into that team
Seems a strange way to name an injury ( flat muscle in his thigh!)
Every muscle has a proper name ,a physio assessment would name the muscle not call it the flat muscle in the thigh.
Strange situation this.

Sign a left sided defender on a short term contract till January. Can’t rely on any of the missing left siders to come back with any sort of form and any game time we get out of Enda should be seen as a bonus.

I did get sucked into the ‘Ooh fabian delph, high calibre and can play left back’ but gotta be sensible and not sign an expensive player with a bad injury record.

Neil Taylor would make the most sense at first glance

I thought there was going to be a review of all the issues around training and the type of injuries etc. Has it been done? Not only that but all the injuries seem to be taking so long to recover. I mean, what is really wrong now with Stevens, Robinson and Clarke to name but three. We know that even when they are 'on the grass' they are at least a month away from playing. Are we being ultra cautious because of the O'Connell issue?

If Bogle is back then play Bogle at RWB and move Baldock to RCB.

Failing that then Gordon comes in at RCB.

I would rather either of the above Than switch to a 4-4-2 and have Egan and Bash playing in the centre 2 of a back 4.

Something does seem a bit fishy here. He was moving ok at the end of the Preston game, if looking a little knackered, and I doubt there will have been many opportunities to crock himself in the meantime.

I hope you’re right but I’ve injured myself in the past, carried on, not felt pain until the next day, and then discovered I’m significantly crocked.

Plus, this is us. So he’ll probably be lucky to keep all four limbs.

If Bogle is back then play Bogle at RWB and move Baldock to RCB.

Failing that then Gordon comes in at RCB.

I would rather either of the above Than switch to a 4-4-2 and have Egan and Bash playing in the centre 2 of a back 4.
If Bogle is back then I'd play RND at lcb alongside Egan and Basham, Bogle at LWB and Baldock at rwb, that would seem the best solution to me. All depends on Bogle's fitness and whether he's ready to start games.

Back
Top Bottom