Anel Ahmedhodžić out injured for 4 weeks!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’ve seen before though that Bash and Egan don’t really work in a four. If Bash was out and Anel available, I think it would be worth a try but I’m less convinced if it’s Bash and Egan. I don’t think there’s a satisfactory solution to this, none of the options are appealing, be it 4 at the back, Gordon in a three or Khadra at LWB.

I think the Bash and Egan not working in a four thing is a bit overplayed on here .

Both are highly competent and experienced defenders with Bash being the most versatile player on our books . As such , there is no obvious reason why they should not be able to play together as central defenders and certainly not one which could not be ironed out on the training ground .

As for the rest of team chosen by Sithblade it is as good as it could possibly be , full of creativity , strength and pace and with everyone playing in their best and most effective positions .

It is also one which would put the shits up the vast majority of defences in our league and capable of handing out some serious thrashings to a number of them .

We’ve seen before though that Bash and Egan don’t really work in a four. If Bash was out and Anel available, I think it would be worth a try but I’m less convinced if it’s Bash and Egan. I don’t think there’s a satisfactory solution to this, none of the options are appealing, be it 4 at the back, Gordon in a three or Khadra at LWB.
Really??? Has anybody got any stats that back up this comment - I don't think I can remember one game where we played Bash and Egan as centre-halfs in a back 4. I will be grateful if somebody can prove that this is true, as I believe this is a common misconception spouted on this forum.

Really??? Has anybody got any stats that back up this comment - I don't think I can remember one game where we played Bash and Egan as centre-halfs in a back 4. I will be grateful if somebody can prove that this is true, as I believe this is a common misconception spouted on this forum.

Played together last season in a 4 against WBA A, Forest A and Blackburn A from memory

It is, I agree.....although the goalkeepers we were picking back then didn't help.....not to mention the fact that JLT had an absolute mare at WBA.
Who's to say Anel will be absent against the blue nose!.
No conformation from the club on this.
He may have a strain of some kind,! I think the club would have known pretty quickly after Preston so it maybe nothing much to keep him out.

The speed in which the Bosnians called it out seems a bit rash.
A scan is needed to assess the serious of any injury which would not have been done before the news broke.
He maybe out for a while but the entire situation is a bit amateurish .
Hopefully the club will fill in some details soon.
When the Bosnians said a flat muscle injury is clearly not a proper diagnosis in fact its laughable.

We have the following players who all play either LCB or LB.

• Clark
  • Lowe
  • RND
  • Stevens
  • Osborn
  • Robinson
  • JOC
Three of those got injured after the start of the season. We can't plan for that, but there should be enough cover there for a season. How many more players would you like?
One or two who are fit. That's just my opinion. If you don't agree fine - that's your opinion.

I think the Bash and Egan not working in a four thing is a bit overplayed on here .

Both are highly competent and experienced defenders with Bash being the most versatile player on our books . As such , there is no obvious reason why they should not be able to play together as central defenders and certainly not one which could not be ironed out on the training ground .

Think this option is based on past performance.

We've had Basham playing for us as a central defender in league 1 and he was probably average league 1 standard, nothing special at all.
He's also been used playing in midfield and as a right back and again he's decent in those positions but nothing special.
I just thought he was "Mr Versatile" and not up to Championship standard.
Then Wilder creates this "overlapping centre back" role where there are 3 centre backs and Basham was encouraged to get forward
and play up in midfield or down the right wing. This brought out all of Basham versatility strengths playing multiple positions within the same game.
Basham would even make late runs playing in attack.....not many can play that "overlapping centre" role but it turned Basham into a really good player.

Also remember the Brentford fans warning us that Egan was, at best average Championship standard for them.
So my expectation was low....but credit to him....playing as a central centre back with Bash on one side and O'Connell on the other he was great.
Assume he played with 4 defenders at Brentford but playing in a 5 for us covering Bash and O'Connell made him a more effective player.

I have to disagree with that. He doesn`t seem to like heading the ball much or really putting his foot in hard.

He has proved to be much better in his present role as a more attacking player, where he can beat a man and has the composure to pick a pass for goalscoring chances.
I'd certainly hope not.
But he did start deeper against Preston so the penny hasn't quite dropped with Hecky yet

Bash is a midfielder who got converted to a defender and excelled with overlapping CBs.

Play him in the middle of a 4 and we're asking for trouble.

Granted he put in a great tackle at Preston but watch most games hes played as an orthodox defender and he gets caught out quite easily at least a couple of times per game.

Anel isn,t a finished article yet,but he,s coming along strong. Players usually get a little bit better in small steps and most are better at 28 than 22.

Why don't you just go away you pedant.
Perhaps because he is correct. At some point, the club has to become self sustaining. That is fact that a number of supporters need to realise.

If a free agent is any good, he will have found a job by now. An academy replacement will at least have been prepared to contribute to our current system, thereby obviating the need to recruit from a very shallow, and rapidly diminishing pool of possibles!

Who's to say Anel will be absent against the blue nose!.
No conformation from the club on this.
He may have a strain of some kind,! I think the club would have known pretty quickly after Preston so it maybe nothing much to keep him out.

The speed in which the Bosnians called it out seems a bit rash.
A scan is needed to assess the serious of any injury which would not have been done before the news broke.
He maybe out for a while but the entire situation is a bit amateurish .
Hopefully the club will fill in some details soon.
When the Bosnians said a flat muscle injury is clearly not a proper diagnosis in fact its laughable.
Simple language a groin strain.pectineous muscle I think naming it the flat muscle is true but no trained physio would surely call it that.
So! Could be fit for blue nose or out for whatever time is needed to rehabilitate from this groin strain.
I think I have nailed it.! Ha ha !

You just pay Gordon as RCB. I'm not sure why you'd instead look to play Basham as part of a two which he can't play. If you're literally going to refuse to play kids then they shouldn't be on the bench. Gordon looked ok. Limited but not terrible.

Had a great day, 100% win away record, I don’t want to ruin that now🤣

Perhaps because he is correct. At some point, the club has to become self sustaining. That is fact that a number of supporters need to realise.

If a free agent is any good, he will have found a job by now. An academy replacement will at least have been prepared to contribute to our current system, thereby obviating the need to recruit from a very shallow, and rapidly diminishing pool of possibles!
Eh?

Back
Top Bottom