Anel Ahmedhodžić out injured for 4 weeks!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

syko77

Reaction score
Bosnian Football Federation is reporting that Anel is out of action for 4 weeks. Absolutely gutted.

"The “A” national team players of Bosnia and Herzegovina are preparing for the September matches of the UEFA Nations League in Zenica. Defender Anel Ahmedhodžić will miss this national team’s action due to injury. Our stopper will be absent from the pitch for at least 4 weeks due to the rupture of the flat muscle of the anterior thigh, and will not be available to the head coach Ivayl Petev in the matches against Montenegro and Romania."

Translates as - A smiling Petev, even though Krunić, Menalo, Gazibegović, and maybe Ahmedhodzic were lost to him

Bosnian Football Federation is reporting that Anel is out of action for 4 weeks. Absolutely gutted.

"The “A” national team players of Bosnia and Herzegovina are preparing for the September matches of the UEFA Nations League in Zenica. Defender Anel Ahmedhodžić will miss this national team’s action due to injury. Our stopper will be absent from the pitch for at least 4 weeks due to the rupture of the flat muscle of the anterior thigh, and will not be available to the head coach Ivayl Petev in the matches against Montenegro and Romania."
FFS. No! :(

Not impossible he might have faked an injury due to disgust about that Russia friendly, Bosnian FA arranged...
Maybe not, but he still wouldn't be available for us as he's 'officially' injured.

He's looked like he's been carrying an injury for a few games hasn't he?

He looked like he was struggling towards end of the second half on Saturday so not really surprising

Bad news, although not surprising. He's probably only played the last 4 due to lack of cover.

Maybe we'll switch to a back 4 until someone comes back? Christmas Tree formation looks doable to me...

Wes
Baldock-Basham-Egan-RND
Berge-Norwood-Doyle
Ndiaye-Khadra
McBurnie
Got to now. We play like a bunch of blokes that have never met before when we revert to a back 4, but what choice do we have?

Reported on Sept 10th​

Sheffield United star Anel Ahmedhodzic's commendable stance on his country's controversial Russia friendly​

Anel Ahmedhodžić, the Sheffield United defender, has joined two high-profile Bosnia and Herzegovina teammates in refusing to play against Russia next month after plans for a controversial friendly were announced.​

Not impossible he might have faked an injury due to disgust about that Russia friendly, Bosnian FA arranged...
That's what I thought/hoped. Although, l think Anel probably has a bit more class than me.

Reported on Sept 10th​

Sheffield United star Anel Ahmedhodzic's commendable stance on his country's controversial Russia friendly​

Anel Ahmedhodžić, the Sheffield United defender, has joined two high-profile Bosnia and Herzegovina teammates in refusing to play against Russia next month after plans for a controversial friendly were announced.​

Bosnia's next games are against Romania and Montenegro, the Russia game isn't until November. Maybe he's refused to play these too, or the national team are lying about his injury and leaving him out because of his stance

Bosnia's next games are against Romania and Montenegro, the Russia game isn't until November. Maybe he's refused to play these too, or the national team are lying about his injury and leaving him out because of his stance
Why not just say he's got shits then?

☹️ remember when we had a good injury record?

I guess lets see. If he's out for 4 weeks from now it might end up being less meaning by the time the Brum game happens he may be about 1 week and half off it.
Or it could be worse and we see him back in December of course!

As for who to play.... Gordon I'm guessing.

Thank God Bash is back. He is more than good enough cover with that being his natural position. Otherwise, I would be seriously worried. Bogle back soon too if Baldock gets snapped for Greece. 😂😂

Injuries are the one negative.

The last year has been unprecedented in my time, or certainly as I remember anyway.

Anything like a full squad and I see us finishing top two comfortably.

If this run continues, however, who knows.

At least attacking wise we seem to be doing OK in this regard.

The international break and then the world cup in November will hopefully see us with quite a few players back, hopefully we can get through October maintaining decent form despite injuries, if we do we're cooking on gas when things start back up after the World Cup

Back
Top Bottom