Anel Ahmedhodžić out injured for 4 weeks!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Desperation and an optimism that there won't be as much defending to do in our next couple of home games. Will hopefully see him playing as more of a conventional left winger (which is natural for him).

I don't really understand the conspiracy, or motives behind anyone saying it if it weren't true.
It’s just the same as your supposition, regarding Khadra? Or is that conspiracy fully validated?

I find it highly unlikely that a young international is declared unfit for 4 weeks, by his own international association, before he has kicked a ball.

Would United send him away without informing his association, and the home club supporters? Maybe it’s about who picks up the insurance liability?

Maybe he is injured, maybe not. I just find the source of this alarming report to be suspicious, and United have not commented on it yet. Is the player still away, or has he returned to the club? Too many unanswered questions for the level of panic caused.

Let’s wait and see.

As we are at home:
Wes
Bash Egan RND
Berge Norwood Doyle Khadra
Ndiaye
McBurnie Brewster
Or some other combo of that 11, with McAtee, Sharp, Stevens et al to come off the bench

As we are at home:
Wes
Bash Egan RND
Berge Norwood Doyle Khadra
Ndiaye
McBurnie Brewster
Or some other combo of that 11, with McAtee, Sharp, Stevens et al to come off the bench
Ummm if we had Stevens wouldn’t most of the debate in this thread be moot?

Would be interested to see if Doyle could do a job there, if he wasn’t away with England.
Expecting him to turn up with 2 or 3 days before a game and pick up the lwb role is asking for trouble.

They tried the back 4 against wba in the cup and it was a good footballing performance in the first half.

Against brum I’d go

Wes

Baldock. Egan. Basham. RND

Berge. Norwood. Doyle

N’Diaye

Mcburnie. Brewster.

If brum sit back at the lane (as you’d expect) then the three forwards should work well, like it should’ve done against Preston if they’d sat back.
We saw against preton that mcburnie and brewster up top together doesn't work.

I find it highly unlikely that a young international is declared unfit for 4 weeks, by his own international association, before he has kicked a ball.

Would United send him away without informing his association, and the home club supporters? Maybe it’s about who picks up the insurance liability?

Maybe he is injured, maybe not. I just find the source of this alarming report to be suspicious, and United have not commented on it yet. Is the player still away, or has he returned to the club? Too many unanswered questions for the level of panic caused.

Let’s wait and see.
The only thing I can think of, is he has pulled out, and so his Federation have announced an injury to make it 'official' in order to stop him playing for us? I know we don't have any games during the International break anyway, but they might have not known in that instance that the 2nd Tier in English football also doesn't play games - so announced it without checking. They may have had players pull out before, and due to Bosnia not being 'a Top International side' a few players then play in their domestic League (because that team is not taking an international break) - so it's always their response when this happens - officially announce the player is unfit to play.

The only thing I can think of, is he has pulled out, and so his Federation have announced an injury to make it 'official' in order to stop him playing for us? I know we don't have any games during the International break anyway, but they might have not known in that instance that the 2nd Tier in English football also doesn't play games - so announced it without checking. They may have had players pull out before, and due to Bosnia not being 'a Top International side' a few players then play in their domestic League (because that team is not taking an international break) - so it's always their response when this happens - officially announce the player is unfit to play.
He may well have chosen to withdraw his services to the national team. I get that.

The remainder of your possible explanation, may even have some merit. However I cannot recall any national team, defining the duration of any injury, much less a muscular one.

Supposition apart, I am waiting for the Blades management to clarify this unusual injury claim, and resolve any issues raised by it.
If a player is injured, he is injured. It’s hard enough for the parent club to define the length of absence, so why does it seem acceptable for his national bosses to do something the players club would struggle to provide?
Serbia are not a world renowned authority on injuries, or their duration! This is why I suspect that something odd or unusual has happened.
See what the club say first, before the supporters re-evaluate the clubs entire response!

He may well have chosen to withdraw his services to the national team. I get that.

The remainder of your possible explanation, may even have some merit. However I cannot recall any national team, defining the duration of any injury, much less a muscular one.

Supposition apart, I am waiting for the Blades management to clarify this unusual injury claim, and resolve any issues raised by it.
If a player is injured, he is injured. It’s hard enough for the parent club to define the length of absence, so why does it seem acceptable for his national bosses to do something the players club would struggle to provide?
Serbia are not a world renowned authority on injuries, or their duration! This is why I suspect that something odd or unusual has happened.
See what the club say first, before the supporters re-evaluate the clubs entire response!
Serbia you say,has he defected.

Yes, I agree, I'm waiting too for the official club response, and was obviously just having a guess at why they might have made the announcement.
There could also be other reasons, (off the top of my head); that due to the fractured nature of Bosnia, and it's past history of players not showing up for International Matches, the Bosnian FA always make these announcements to stop the fans getting angry, or perhaps they are upset at Anel and so have said '4 weeks' to put pressure on him, so he doesn't play for us immediately after the International break, even though his injury might only cover the International Matches. Or the Head Coach is a maverick lunatic prone to outbursts and ridiculous announcements.
But like I said, I don't know the actual facts so will wait for a Club announcement (unless I can think of other crazy theories before then!)

Unless Khadra is a secret wing back, I think we need to pick one of the U23s or Gordon and go for it for a few games. I am in no position to say which player, Gordon is only one I've seen and we got by with him. We should man for man still be stronger than most opponents and most teams in this league don't have the luxury of our squad depth and have to dip into their ranks of youth players at some point. I just think the impact will be less on us than others, come the end of the season. Would prefer to keep the back 3 strong though Bash,Egan,RND.

He’ll stick with 352 can’t see him changing formation to accommodate this , he played Bash at left sided centre back at Hull after Lowe got injured and RND went left wing back

Wes
Gordon Egan Bash
Baldock. RND
Berge Norwood Doyle

Ndiaye McBurnie

He’ll stick with 352 can’t see him changing formation to accommodate this , he played Bash at left sided centre back at Hull after Lowe got injured and RND went left wing back

Wes
Gordon Egan Bash
Baldock. RND
Berge Norwood Doyle

Ndiaye McBurnie
Blimey , Gordon for Anel + Bash still on wrong side ... That's some serious weakening in both defence & attack.
Surely put Bash on his R foot & RND as LCB ?
Then find a competent LB or LWB from somewhere ... Maybe Brooks.
Gordon to cover all 5 defenders from the bench.
Ps - what's happened to Gomis , our U21 LCB ? Didn't make the squad for their latest game.

Blimey , Gordon for Anel + Bash still on wrong side ... That's some serious weakening in both defence & attack.
Ps - what's happened to Gomis , our U21 LCB ? Didn't make the squad for their latest game.
Doyle to LWB. Got the fitness and is an all round good player.
Then play McAtee in midfield ahead of Norwood and Berge.

We'll play Berge deeper because that's been a massive success in the past

You’ve misunderstood pal , I’m not saying that’s what I’d do KB , it’s what Hecky did at Hull when Lowe got injured , he moved Bash to LCB . He’s also in the last season with injuries played Osborn on the the right back rather than perhaps blood a younger player from u23 etc in the role … and at Watford this season played Clark at RCB who were both left footers .

I know it's early days but for me Mcatee shouldn't currently be anywhere near the starting 11. Physically he's far too weak.
He needs to get used to a more physical game. Saying he is too weak is a strong statement.
Playing in games, against the right opposition at the right times is the way to bring that to his game and us get the benefit of what he can bring.

Go 4-2-3-1, with the amount of players out the preferred system is struggling to be efficient.

Wes
Baldock, Basham, Egan, RND.
Norwood, Doyle.
Berge, Ndiaye, Khadra
McBurnie.

He needs to get used to a more physical game. Saying he is too weak is a strong statement.
Playing in games, against the right opposition at the right times is the way to bring that to his game and us get the benefit of what he can bring.
He looked good against Sunderland when they went down to 10 men as he'd got acres to show what he could do. Clearly talented but still a bit off this level from what other bits we've seen of him IMO.

He looked good against Sunderland when they went down to 10 men as he'd got acres to show what he could do. Clearly talented but still a bit off this level from what other bits we've seen of him IMO.
That's the balancing act to be found, and how he needs to improve.
I know a man who can coach this into him ;)

Go 4-2-3-1, with the amount of players out the preferred system is struggling to be efficient.

Wes
Baldock, Basham, Egan, RND.
Norwood, Doyle.
Berge, Ndiaye, Khadra
McBurnie.
We’ve seen before though that Bash and Egan don’t really work in a four. If Bash was out and Anel available, I think it would be worth a try but I’m less convinced if it’s Bash and Egan. I don’t think there’s a satisfactory solution to this, none of the options are appealing, be it 4 at the back, Gordon in a three or Khadra at LWB.

We'll play Berge deeper because that's been a massive success in the past
I have to disagree with that. He doesn`t seem to like heading the ball much or really putting his foot in hard.

He has proved to be much better in his present role as a more attacking player, where he can beat a man and has the composure to pick a pass for goalscoring chances.

This is becoming a joke. If we're serious about promotion to the premier league, we need to stop thinking about playing square pegs in round holes and invest in a left-sided defensive player or two.

We have the following players who all play either LCB or LB.

• Clark
  • Lowe
  • RND
  • Stevens
  • Osborn
  • Robinson
  • JOC
Three of those got injured after the start of the season. We can't plan for that, but there should be enough cover there for a season. How many more players would you like?

Back
Top Bottom