Tom Lawrence

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t most attacking players blow hot and cold ? I remember MGW having indifferent games.

He certainly did but unlike a lot of flair players he really pulled his weight and got stuck in, even when nowt was coming off. Some players just disappear when they have games like that.

If you’ve been watching those clips from Portugal you’ll know there is zero chance we move to a back 4.

The training, the recruitment, all geared towards 3 at the back.
And we’re adding long awaited verve to the midfield and fluidity to the attack. All good. 👍

IMO we will go with a four at the back (sometimes Three etc), Ten games in we will have a new midfield pairing with Fleck and Norwood dropping down to the bench, I'm also wondering who might leave from the back, my feeling is Baldock could be the one to go, we have number of players htat could fill that position, obviously Bogle would be the preferred choice .
Just been watching the clips of "the blades training in Portugal, Jebbison keeps catching the eye, not sure on last seasons performance if he is quite ready but defo' looked very sharp in training.
All the training videos with full size squads, look like a 3 again, with centre backs pushing forward.

A note about Jebbison, I saw that Hecky offered him an extra week off, to recover from the euros he was just involved with. Jebbo declined it because he wanted to, in his own words 'put the graft in'.
He's certainly showing the right attitude.

IMO we will go with a four at the back (sometimes Three etc), Ten games in we will have a new midfield pairing with Fleck and Norwood dropping down to the bench, I'm also wondering who might leave from the back, my feeling is Baldock could be the one to go, we have number of players htat could fill that position, obviously Bogle would be the preferred choice .
Just been watching the clips of "the blades training in Portugal, Jebbison keeps catching the eye, not sure on last seasons performance if he is quite ready but defo' looked very sharp in training.
There is no way we play 4 at the back....why do people keep spouting this shit?

Well you’re doing him a huge favour there as his Derby record is 1 in 5 over the last 5 seasons so he’s not close to 1 in 3 even including his penalties. Let’s also be fair and say you’d hope he gets better quality chances so split the difference to 1 in 4, hopefully.
There also doesn’t appear to be any of our rivals still in the running so I think he should be lowering his wage demands from the rumoured £40K/week.
1 in 3 last season, I'm sure you knew I was referring to that Bob!

We have no idea who is in for him, report of other championship interest today but no names mentioned. Id be amazed if we're offering him £40,000 given that the rest of the squad have had two years reduction in payments as we didn't get promoted last season has triggered the second reduction after the first due to relegation.

If you can name me a better option that's available, not including loans, then I'd be glad to hear it?! We are looking at a loan also it appears for the attacking mid option so maybe Lawrence is to be played as a forward.

Talk on twitter has shifted heavily towards rangers.
If it’s between us and Rangers then it will be Rangers for 3 reasons:

1. His ego will dictate he goes for the bigger club.
2. They will be able to offer higher wages.
3. At 28 it represents a real chance to win some silver and play on Europe.

That’s IF we were/are actually in for him could be his agent just gaming the system and dropping our name in.

1 in 3 last season, I'm sure you knew I was referring to that Bob!

We have no idea who is in for him, report of other championship interest today but no names mentioned. Id be amazed if we're offering him £40,000 given that the rest of the squad have had two years reduction in payments as we didn't get promoted last season has triggered the second reduction after the first due to relegation.

If you can name me a better option that's available, not including loans, then I'd be glad to hear it?! We are looking at a loan also it appears for the attacking mid option so maybe Lawrence is to be played as a forward.
My point was you can’t count an outlying season as representative of what he brings. Again if you remove his pens he’d move to 1 in 5 last season too. You rate him, which is fine but you aren’t rating him on his record because you’re over egging it. You just think he’ll do a good job and I’m yet to hear anything they convinces me of the same. The more folk fudge his stats in his favour the more sceptical I get but I hope you’re right.
He does have a reputation for being a bit of a bellend too which doesn’t help me turning a blind eye to his other shortcomings.

My point was you can’t count an outlying season as representative of what he brings. Again if you remove his pens he’d move to 1 in 5 last season too. You rate him, which is fine but you aren’t rating him on his record because you’re over egging it. You just think he’ll do a good job and I’m yet to hear anything they convinces me of the same. The more folk fudge his stats in his favour the more sceptical I get but I hope you’re right.
He does have a reputation for being a bit of a bellend too which doesn’t help me turning a blind eye to his other shortcomings.

Watch his goals against us last season, then ask yourself, who in our team is capable of scoring those kind of goals.

Depending on which bit of the city you’re heading for, and at what time of day, Glasgow is less than 4 and a half hours from Sheffield by car. It’s no distance.

So, if circumstances mean he needs to be in easy reach of his family (in Derby? We’re guessing on that?), but Rangers are offering bigger wages, we could easily lose out.

Boooo. Bettis 🐍

Just wondering if this other interest in the PL player may be in response to increased interest from Rangers for Lawrence? I would find it hard to believe we're signing two attacking mids if the other play does turn out to be a PL player we're after.

Just wondering if this other interest in the PL player may be in response to increased interest from Rangers for Lawrence? I would find it hard to believe we're signing two attacking mids if the other play does turn out to be a PL player we're after.
It was reported that we had made Lawrence an offer and hoped he would join us in Portugal. I wouldn't be surprised if we moved on.

On Lawrence;

Rangers offering silly money
TL prefers to be in North England
Apparently dad is sick and that’s the reason
We remain his preferred option
Can only see McG signing for them helping that

Sorry if mentioned already.

Don’t think it’s being mentioned before! You know him?

I'd rather we signed Khadra permanently for two or three million, than took Lawrence on a free. I'm generally in the camp of thinking Lawrence is a show pony that's never fulfilled his potential.

But if we do sign him, I'd have faith in Hecky and co to get the best out of him in a long squad rotating season.

I'd rather we signed Khadra permanently for two or three million, than took Lawrence on a free. I'm generally in the camp of thinking Lawrence is a show pony that's never fulfilled his potential.

But if we do sign him, I'd have faith in Hecky and co to get the best out of him in a long squad rotating season.

Lawrence actually has a decent record at this level. No more so than last season in a team mostly going backwards. I think he'd be a coup on a free, but a difficult one to get done.

I think whoever is potentially coming in on as this attacking mid from the PL will be a loan, that's what Nathan Hemmingham said. But if it is Khadra on loan, I'll be over the moon with that.

Forget the stats, they aren't representative of a player's ability. You could create a hundred chances and none of your teammates convert any of them. Therefore, your assists are zero. Lawrence has ability, balance and a touch of class. That you can see.

Back
Top Bottom