Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 17th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1607983013402.png v. 1607983019406.png
EPL Week 13 - Thursday 17th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.521/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1607983120618.png

Okay but you will defend Ramsdale for hesitating and pulling out of a challenge that he would have won easily if he’d not pissed about and just made the decision to come.

The fact you blame Henderson for the second goal is absolutely laughable. It cannons off the back of McGoldricks head what’s he supposed to do about it. Come and try and take the cross and clatter his defender in the process? It’s his defender who wins the header?
Its a fuckin corner coming into the 6 yard box you fuckwit, thats a keepers ball all day...jesus wept man, youre a fucking ****

Its a fuckin corner coming into the 6 yard box you fuckwit...jesus wept man, youre a fucking ****
Well that was uncalled for......calm down man. Watch it again and take your Stevie wonder specs off.

Ramsdale is well known for coming and confidently catching things in his six yard box isn’t he? Absolutely fantastic at that. Superb.

That was the story of our season, good in spells but lose by odd goal.

Brilliant stats.........Do you really feel the need to post things like this
Yes I do, it's an historical fact that no team has ever started a season as bad as us in 140 years. It's an awful thing to have on our record.

Whoever told the defence to play that high up the pitch against the blistering pace of Rashford, Greenwood and Martial deserves to have their balls put in a vice and tightened till they explode! Brain dead tactics.

70 minutes of business as usual, sandwiched between a decent opening 10 and closing 10.

Jagielka is done - can't play another game for us. I thought Rodwell was kept in part for RCB cover?

Brewster, Mousse and Mcgoldrick actually looked a threat. these need to be involved against Brighton for more than 15 minutes. I still can't believe a 23 million player is always on the bench. We could have used that on a 10m LCB to cover for JOC and then spend the rest on a championship/league 1 striker such as Toney.

We need to focus more on clogging up the midfield and not having 3 Centre Backs. We need an extra body in there so badly.

Talk to me when you know something about football you fuckin dullard

Mate, you’re getting pissy because someone has a difference of opinion, and I’m the dullard?

Grow up and stop being such a fucking child. I presume 73 refers to your year of birth 1973? Mental age of a 12 year old.

Team for Brighton:
Ramsdale & Verrips

Baldock, Bogle, Basham, Egan, Robinson, Lowe & Stevens

Ampadon't, Ampadu, Norwood, Berge, Osborne, Lundstram & Fleck

Sharp, Mcgoldrick, Mooose, Burke, Brewster & McBurnie

Should get us a point!!

Look at the three goals. Ramsdalde got absolutely no help from his teammates. They hung him out to dry, again.

Still slightly encouraged by this performance afterall.

Very much agree.

However I think Ramsdale has similarities to Pickford....good reflexes and good shot stopper but he‘s reluctant to come off his line to narrow the angle.
So he’s very reliant on having a good defence in front of him. He doesn’t command his as much as other keepers.

I‘ve always said a defence + the keeper is a “team unit” and with unity and understanding the whole can be better than the sum of the individual parts.

Also agree that I feel strangely optimistic after tonight.
I actually saw us look seriously threatening In attack at this level...with Brewster, Mousett looking a partnership and Didzy combining,

Last edited:
Tell you what moose and Brewster would be good together nice movement Actually got me off my seat BUT will Wilder pick em
Agree, buzzing for Didzy getting another 2 tonight (even if the second was jammy as fuck) 🤣 but those two looked a real spark up front. In fact I'd keep didz as a ten. Looked a really threatening front three. We may as well go for it

We still lost with one effort on target in the second half, slightly better than piss poor in my opinion.

Much better performance. Much more fight, determination and desire. We pressed them and it paid off. We created far more chances and should have done better with them. As soon as Jags came on Wilder basically sacrificed the game. Worst decision of the season. Still, we kept going to the end and we were so much better on and off the ball. However, it has to be pointed out that both our goals came from their errors.

Ramsdale - 5 - In no man's land and missed the ball for the second, dived over the ball for the third. Made one superb save from Rashford and another good save. Needs to be better.
Stevens - 5.5 - Started well and got forward but he's far too sloppy in possession and slow to react and in decision making.
Robinson - 6 - He is what he is (mid-table Championship player) but had one of his better games for us today.
Egan - 7 - by far and away our best defender. Made some vital blocks and interceptions and was constantly covering for the other two. Loses a point for the amount of stupid freekicks he gives away around the box. Needs to be more disciplined.
Bash - 5.5 - When he was first pushed into midfield he looked like our most dangerous player but seemed to just fade out of it.
Baldock - 6 - Not at his best today and lost his man too many times. Largely managed to retrieve the situation but needs to concentrate better.
Fleck - 5 - His set pieces are south of dreadful and he turns back all the time. Shoot have scored in the first half but made the completely wrong decision. Far too slow on the ball. An improvement but not a patch on last season.
Ampadu - 6 - Added extra legs in midfield. Far too week in the tackle but covers a lot of ground, which we essentially need.
Berge - 6 - Not really on the pitch long enough to make an impression. We were better with him on though.
Burke - 7 - Tirelessly pressed and gave them a headache all game. If we're not going to be able to retain possession he needs to be playing
McGoldrick - 7.5 - Tireless again. Every move seemed to go through him and he was constantly pushing us forward on the front foot. MOM

Jag - 1 - The politest thing to say is to say nothing. He's passed it. Sorry. So slow. An absolute liability.
Mousse - 5.5 - He's so lazy but there's no ignoring the fact that if the balls up there to hit he's pretty good at it.
Brewster - 5 - He makes really bad decisions on the ball and he's too slow at making them.

Wilder - 3 - Sent them out much better prepared. Managed to fire them up and show hints of performing like last season. However, his decision to bring Jags on cost us the game. Worst decision I can remember him making.

If we play like that every game we'll start picking up more points. Not sure it will be enough. We're clearly short as a squad. way, way short.

Grow up you pussy. I'd love you to call him a coward to his face you fckin quentin
Think it's you who needs to grow up. And get a basic understanding of football. Then again if you're from Essex you probably haven't got much between your ears. Fuckwit

& the second word is off...........smart arse my comment wasn't to you. ie It was not a discussion
So the answer to my question was no, you don’t then?

If you didn’t want anyone else to respond you should have sent him a private message. If you post on an open discussion forum, don’t be surprised when someone replies to you. It would be a pretty pointless website if that wasn’t allowed now wouldn’t it?

So the answer to my question was no, you don’t then?

If you didn’t want anyone else to respond you should have sent him a private message. If you post on an open discussion forum, don’t be surprised when someone replies to you. It would be a pretty pointless website if that wasn’t allowed now wouldn’t it?
Oh dear !! din't realise I'd be upsetting a kiddie

Oh dear !! din't realise I'd be upsetting a indie
I’m not upset, I’m just laughing at the fact you’ve signed up to a website you clearly don’t understand how to use.

Back
Top Bottom