Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 17th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1607983013402.png v. 1607983019406.png
EPL Week 13 - Thursday 17th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.521/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1607983120618.png

The thing is, it's still 11 v 11. If you're well drilled & determined to match them, stranger things have happened.
Jags is probably still faster than Maguire. I mean, I'M probably faster than Maguire & I haven't run in anger since the 20th century...
Fernandes is a f*cking monster though.
Treat the game as a free hit. Absolutely nothing to lose.
Best of luck in the world to you tonight. Come on Blades, first win!

Hopefully start with Didzy in the no 10, with Moose and Brewster in front as we finished on Sunday but the game was lost by the time the subs came on. I wonder if Fleck could play CM with Osborn and Berge either side and play a flat back four. May as well give it a roll. Nothing else has worked.
Lunny will be in the middle, hopefully to try and stop them rampaging forward, maybe Osborne for Fleck and i would start with Burke as one of the front two with Moose on the bench as impact sub

Lunny will be in the middle, hopefully to try and stop them rampaging forward, maybe Osborne for Fleck and i would start with Burke as one of the front two with Moose on the bench as impact sub

I also think they will start with Pogba, when the opposition don't have a midfield he is the perfect player to control the game, he will be splaying passes all over the pitch that's what he does best. I hate to say it but i think we might get another tonking!

Blades 8 manchester 1, wierdly all goes coming in the first half leading to a very stressful second half

My selections:

Burke Brewster Billy Didzy Moose
Fleck Norwood Lunny Baldock

Egan
Ramsdale

Attack... Attack.... Attack...

We’re tailor-made for Man U; pedestrian in defence and weak in midfield. They’ll score at least 3.

If we want to give them even the slightest thing to be concerned about, we need to have Burke somewhere on the pitch because they are ponderous at the back too. Palace destroyed them with their pacy runners and could easily have scored more than the 3 they got.

I also think they will start with Pogba, when the opposition don't have a midfield he is the perfect player to control the game, he will be splaying passes all over the pitch that's what he does best. I hate to say it but i think we might get another tonking!
i agree cant see us getting anything tonight and fear we could get a real hammering 😢

They will push Shaw and Wan-Bissaka on to keep our wingbacks pinned back. I'm assuming they'll only play one holding midfielder so I'd start Burke and Brewster (assuming McBurnie is injured) and try and get at them down the sides of the CBs. I'm torn between McGoldrick and Brewster as I think the former is much better at holding the ball up but I think his legs have kind of gone.

------- --------Ramsdale
-------Bash---Egan---Ampadu
Baldock-------Osborn---------Stevens
---------Berge---------Fleck
-----------Burke-----Brewster------

I'd be tempted to play with the formation. Drop Osborn as a sitting midfielder but when they have the ball push Ampadu forward as a second DM, pull the WBs back into a traditional back 4 and instruct Berge and Fleck to follow their wingbacks. Get the forwards to keep pressed up but stood on the wings. So, if we get the ball we can break quickly and there will be plenty of room to run into. It gives them a problem of how many they can push forward, but we need to be a lot better at winning and retaining the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: MKY
No idea about team selection tonight, but really hope Jags isn't slotting in at CH again. No disrespect to the legend but it's his lack of pace in particular which worries me, especially when Egan isn't exactly nippy over short distances either!

I would like to see Brewster and Mousset up top (presuming two up front and as suggested by someone else), just to try it out. It's sad to say but this really is a free hit of a game so why not??

I thought I wouldn't be able to watch tonight, but then saw Premier Sports have it on here (R.Ireland), but then I remembered I'm heading out for a meal and drinks with herself so can't watch anyway.

If we get summat out if this game, I'll take this as an omen and won't watch again until I'm allowed to by this forum! (Honest.)
This is the first game I wont be watching live this season... If we win I will abstain from watching 😂

Heart says it'll be tight enough, but it really wouldn't surprise me if we get absolutely tonked tonight.

We'll know from the first couple of minutes which way it's going to go, and I'm afraid it's going to be yet another big fat L in the form column.

We all know what this Man U side are capable of, and even though they've got it in them to be shaky and turn up thinking they've already won, they could probably field a team of 15 year olds and still put this woeful United side to the sword.

I have not been less enthused for a Blades match since Adkins darkened the dugout and I'm not even sure I'm going to bother watching it. Might put the darts on instead.

Heart says it'll be tight enough, but it really wouldn't surprise me if we get absolutely tonked tonight.

We'll know from the first couple of minutes which way it's going to go, and I'm afraid it's going to be yet another big fat L in the form column.

We all know what this Man U side are capable of, and even though they've got it in them to be shaky and turn up thinking they've already won, they could probably field a team of 15 year olds and still put this woeful United side to the sword.

I have not been less enthused for a Blades match since Adkins darkened the dugout and I'm not even sure I'm going to bother watching it. Might put the darts on instead.
yes me anall ive a horrible feeling were gonna get hit for 5 tonight 😥😥😥

I just hope McBurnie is not playing...hoofing it up has got us to the bottom of the league...Get it on the floor play football FFS

I actually wondered if Manure would put Deano in the net just to psyche us out even more. "Look what you could've won!"

4-4-2

Burke and Osborn on the wings

Didz and Brewster up front

Treat it like a cup tie

Drove past utd ground on my way home as I do every week day, today I stopped and said a quiet prayer🙏🏼 Let’s hope the football gods listened.

Would be feeling a lot more confident had we been able to have fans in tonight.
Absolutely. Such a shame.

Getting into the PL was all about nights like this. Full house, under the lights versus a big side.

Didzy and Mousset up top tonight, just like last year, gives us something different and a great pairing that we’ve used way to few times imo

COME ON BLADES FFS!!!
LETS ATLEAST LOOK INTERESTED TONEET, AND PLEASE GET SOME SHOTS ON TARGET, EVEN REMOTELY NEAR TO THE GOAL WOULD BE GOOD!!
COYRAWW!!

Didzy and Mousset up top tonight, just like last year, gives us something different and a great pairing that we’ve used way to few times imo
Then Brewster for Moose after he get knackered around 37min mark.

Back
Top Bottom