Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 17th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1607983013402.png v. 1607983019406.png
EPL Week 13 - Thursday 17th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.521/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1607983120618.png

So after the scintillating performance against Southampton we welcome Manchester United to BDBL. They are seeking their 10th consecutive away league win, while our home form is woeful. Seems pretty obvious what will happen...

McBurnie seems to have injured himself?

Mousset, Mcgoldrick or Brewster gets the nod?

So as this tiresome season goes on, in the same circumstances we would hand a victory to the opposition. Is this a banana skin for Manure? I very much doubt it. 4-3 Blades victory with Fleck getting our first.

UTB

To win a game at the moment we need a clean sheet because we can't score more than one ... We just don't have it in us, unfortunately I get the feeling this will be another loss where we create very little and don't have a shot on target

I think we will lose. What is important is the manner of our losing. We need a good performance irrespective of the result that can be the springboard for some realistically decent results and finally points over festive season. Wailing and gnashing of teeth losing to teams like Leicester, Southampton and manu as top third teams is a complete loss of perspective. Vital that the team and support holds its nerve at this point. We are going down but he manner of our relegation matters a lot.

Hi, Stegosaurus here,

Could be Wilder's last waltz if get rogered here. I predict 4-0. The league smells blood.

We've got a shit keeper. Shit defence and toothless in attack. Man Utd will see this as a chance to up their goal difference.
Did Ramsdale bully you at school or something?

Managed to get 1/2 on for a global franchise fc win, which felt like good value all things considered

Can't wait for this one. I predict that we'll sit off and wait for them to go 1-0 up and then huff and puff for 10 mins before capitulating and losing by 3 or 4 goals to nil.

Mousset can't start the game because we'll have to bring a sub on after 30 mins if he does.

I for one am looking forward to 30 minutes of us being well in the game with 20% possession and 0 shots on target.

5-0 to the blades I think, obviously going with my heart over my head.

Now, the age old question, is it too early to start drinking yet?

Dids behind Sharp n Brewster or Sharp n Burke. Moose to get 20 mins

Fleck n Sander in a CM pair. Lunny to replace as appropriate.

No more fannying about please gaffer. Jugular or bust. YOUR players need a positive message of intent in this moment.

If it ends in tears tonight, than so be it.

We simply HAVE to get back to what we were all about last season or die trying. It’s the only way out of this mess.

UTB

Dids behind Sharp n Brewster or Sharp n Burke. Moose to get 20 mins

Fleck n Sander in a CM pair. Lunny to replace as appropriate.

No more fannying about please gaffer. Jugular or bust. YOUR players need a positive message of intent in this moment.

If it ends in tears tonight, than so be it.

We simply HAVE to get back to what we were all about last season or die trying. It’s the only way out of this mess.

UTB
I don't want him to play Sharp in games that he's likely to have little impact on, it feeds the narrative that he's had it. It's the games against teams like WBA, Brighton and Burnley that he might impact but he gets nowhere near a look in.

I don't want him to play Sharp in games that he's likely to have little impact on, it feeds the narrative that he's had it. It's the games against teams like WBA, Brighton and Burnley that he might impact but he gets nowhere near a look in.
Depends how we play.

IF (big if) we can get back to the methods we employed last season, Sharp remains our best hope of converting chances.

We all know what happens when he is tasked to work off a “target”. Epic fail !!!!

UTB

Depends how we play.

IF (big if) we can get back to the methods we employed last season, Sharp remains our best hope of converting chances.

We all know what happens when he is tasked to work off a “target”. Epic fail !!!!

UTB
Agreed, but if we are planning on having sub 30% possession again then he'll just look as shit as the rest. When he gets a couple of chances he'll probably score one, when he gets one chance he'll snatch at it and the narrative goes on. If we create 1 chance tonight I'll be surprised. Maguire with his pipe and slippers on carrying the ball out from the back without challenge and/or heading longs balls to the halfway line for one of our players not to win the second ball would be my guess.

Agreed, but if we are planning on having sub 30% possession again then he'll just look as shit as the rest. When he gets a couple of chances he'll probably score one, when he gets one chance he'll snatch at it and the narrative goes on. If we create 1 chance tonight I'll be surprised. Maguire with his pipe and slippers on carrying the ball out from the back without challenge and/or heading longs balls to the halfway line for one of our players not to win the second ball would be my guess.
Difficult to debate against that, given the low ebb the squad is in and, the superior opposition tonight that should, on paper at least, have more than enough to get the win.

BUT.

If we can get any sort of glove on them from the off, set the tempo correctly, we should get opportunities.

Front foot jabs, rather than rope a dope defence !!!!

We have to start being much more positive in games and come out swinging. If we get KOd tonight, I’ll take that. It sets us up with a better mentality and mindset for the fish we will need to fry in the coming weeks.

UTB

What a depressing thought tonight’s game is.
Arguably our best hour of football last season, we managed to score 3 goals in 1 game!
Way we’re going we won’t score 3 in our next 3 games.
Man Utd will have to much for us tonight, very quick players.
Another defeat and another game we don’t score 0-4. Depressing times

Depends how we play.

UTB

I’ve always found that despite him not being tallest, Sharp can hold a ball up way better than McBurnie can. I actually think we’d be more successful with someone playing off Sharp. That is of course if he was to play.

It’s not his game for me tonight. We need pace on the counter attack, as good as Maguire is, he’s not the quickest. I’d start with Didzy and one of Moose, Brewster or Burke. Actually that should be the front two regardless of whether McBurnie is fit or not.

No idea about team selection tonight, but really hope Jags isn't slotting in at CH again. No disrespect to the legend but it's his lack of pace in particular which worries me, especially when Egan isn't exactly nippy over short distances either!

I would like to see Brewster and Mousset up top (presuming two up front and as suggested by someone else), just to try it out. It's sad to say but this really is a free hit of a game so why not??

I thought I wouldn't be able to watch tonight, but then saw Premier Sports have it on here (R.Ireland), but then I remembered I'm heading out for a meal and drinks with herself so can't watch anyway.

If we get summat out if this game, I'll take this as an omen and won't watch again until I'm allowed to by this forum! (Honest.)

Hi, Stegosaurus here,

Could be Wilder's last waltz if get rogered here. I predict 4-0. The league smells blood.

We've got a shit keeper. Shit defence and toothless in attack. Man Utd will see this as a chance to up their goal difference.
Hi, brownblade here.

Piss off oinker.

I’ve always found that despite him not being tallest, Sharp can hold a ball up way better than McBurnie can. I actually think we’d be more successful with someone playing off Sharp. That is of course if he was to play.

It’s not his game for me tonight. We need pace on the counter attack, as good as Maguire is, he’s not the quickest. I’d start with Didzy and one of Moose, Brewster or Burke. Actually that should be the front two regardless of whether McBurnie is fit or not.
As long as we play the ball in sensibly to Sharp's feet or chest I agree. If we bang the ball from front to back he's wasted.

You can't start with Mousset because he genuinely will be fucked after 30 mins. I'd go with Burke, just because Brewster is on a hiding to nothing if he starts. 10 touches max for him if he does but he probably won't be able to do much about it unless he drops into defence and starts taking the ball off Ramsdale.

Even with Didzy on we go long so we're screwed all ways up.

Henderson pen save in the 89th minute and a Maguire winner for the manure in the 93rd.

Back
Top Bottom