McBurnie Drink Driving bust

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wow. Throw him under the bus guys.

Did anybody read the article? It says caught on "Friday morning" - before we just write him off, maybe this was after he'd been to bed, slept it off etc and was still a tad over like we all are and have done.

If this is the early hours and he's driving home from the bars then yeah, what a cock
Please stop trying to defend the indefensible. His behaviour on this occasion is reprehensible, particularly in the light of recent events in Derby.

He's already starting to get grief over his performances from some of the restless minority and now he goes and does this. Not the best way to endear yourself to the new fan base.

I imagine wilder has ripped him a new one over the weekend and I'll be amazed if he starts tonight. He probably wouldn't be on the bench if the squad wasn't so tight with numbers
He isn’t starting. I would actually be surprised if he’s on the bench.

I’d be more concerned if he was a decent striker, alas he’s a shit one and now a bloody idiot for thinking it’s acceptable to drink drive. Let’s hope CW deal with him accordingly.

Maupay, the man who was never going to stray further north than the Watford gap, so why keep mentioning him ?. Ollie needs to give his head a shake but the abuse he is getting on here is way OTT.
Would you be saying OTT if he had wiped one of your kids out?

Even before this, he hasn’t performed well enough on the pitch and his behaviour off it suggests he isn’t focused on the Blades. You’d have thought he would have been really grateful for the opportunity CW gave him but it’s never seemed that way. He’s more interested in hanging around with some Swansea chavs and wearing ludicrous clothes.

May be this part of the club's culture should change.

As players you can still go out and enjoy yourselves without the use of excessive alcohol.

The conversation between manager and player could be as uncomfortable for Wilder as it is for McBurnie.
What a culture that has got us this far? It’s not the culture of enjoying yourself that is the issue it’s a minority of wankers who cannot handle it. He’s been an arsehole and thankfully not hurt anyone else in the meantime. Might just be the wake up call he needs.

Please stop trying to defend the indefensible. His behaviour on this occasion is reprehensible, particularly in the light of recent events in Derby.
Indefensible?

I've given 2 sides to the story. One is silly and is about 5 on the stupidity scale. The other is a full on 10/10 for stupidity.

True story...

When I was about 19 we'd been out till 1:30/2:00am. Gone home and slept. I picked my mate up about 10am as he was collecting a new car. We picked his new car up and he was pulled over. Pulled over because the private plate from the previous owner wasn't properly spaced. They breathalysed him at the scene and he was over... Hand cuffs on, new car left at side of road. He's now at Moss Way, DNA checks, fingerprints and down to his pants checking for tattoos and other distinguishing features on his body.. then, a second breath check on a 'more accurate' device. PASS.. free to go..

Indefensible !!!

Question as well for me is who is he surrounded by that’s going along with the decision for him to drink drive ? Or was he on his own ?
I know he’s a big boy and will do as he pleases - but I would like to think someone would voice an opinion not to have drove

Drink driving is a cunts activity.

A professional sportsperson drinking alcohol 4 days before a big match is the action of an uber cut of the highest order. So high in fact, I can't believe the lack of professionalism.

I'm actually a bit concerned that Wilder has misread his personality...

Wow. Throw him under the bus guys.

Did anybody read the article? It says caught on "Friday morning" - before we just write him off, maybe this was after he'd been to bed, slept it off etc and was still a tad over like we all are and have done.

If this is the early hours and he's driving home from the bars then yeah, what a cock

But he has been caught over the limit, so even if it was the morning after, then he should have realised that he had too much the night before to be driving. Like you say, it's something that most of us have done in the past so we could similarly put this down to the stupidity/naivety of youth, but these are different times. And as said earlier, in Oli's case he has a very recent and high profile incident involving fellow professionals that should have made him double wary of going anywhere near a car after he had been drinking.

You are right though that we shouldn't go overboard in our reactions; he's made a mistake and it will be dealt with. Two goals from the next few matches and everyone will move on.

Maupay, the man who was never going to stray further north than the Watford gap, so why keep mentioning him ?. Ollie needs to give his head a shake but the abuse he is getting on here is way OTT.

Abuse? If my best mate was out on the drink and drove after. I would tell him he was a fucking knobhead.

A professional sportsperson drinking alcohol 4 days before a big match is the action of an uber cut of the highest order. So high in fact, I can't believe the lack of professionalism.

Unless you're Gazza or Best. Then you can drink morning of, and still play a blinder. (As long as didn't drive of course)

Half the squad are cunts then, they go out most wednesdays

Half the squad are cunts then, they go out most wednesdays
The "cunt" reference was to drink driving, not drinking on a Wednesday night.
Big difference between going out on the piss and getting a taxi home as opposed to driving home.
As already expressed on here, he has not only let himself down but the club.
Hope he learns a lesson and takes more responsibility as to his behaviour.

Indefensible?

I've given 2 sides to the story. One is silly and is about 5 on the stupidity scale. The other is a full on 10/10 for stupidity.

True story...

When I was about 19 we'd been out till 1:30/2:00am. Gone home and slept. I picked my mate up about 10am as he was collecting a new car. We picked his new car up and he was pulled over. Pulled over because the private plate from the previous owner wasn't properly spaced. They breathalysed him at the scene and he was over... Hand cuffs on, new car left at side of road. He's now at Moss Way, DNA checks, fingerprints and down to his pants checking for tattoos and other distinguishing features on his body.. then, a second breath check on a 'more accurate' device. PASS.. free to go..

Indefensible !!!
He was stopped in the early hours of Friday morning after a night on the lash Thursday night. In your own words 'what a cock'. You can tell as many stories as you like to try and make it look acceptable but its not, regardless of time of day. Tonight was a chance, in front of millions, to show what Sheffield United are all about. Instead, everyone will be talking about this. Shame on him.

4 days before a game shouldn't be problematic mate, as long as we are talking about small volumes. The driving element is just plain stupid however, even if he was marginally over or pulled the morning after.

I suppose we will find out whether Wilder has got this one wrong, but he would not have done so well previously in his career if he wasn't hard working and professional so I wonder if this is linked to him being back home around his old mates. He will be quite the celebrity and it may be going to his head a bit.

A good point has been made on this thread already that this could be the thing that actually kick starts his United career. Get yourself away from the crowd, off social media and get your head down. We'll see soon enough.

The "cunt" reference was to drink driving, not drinking on a Wednesday night.
Big difference between going out on the piss and getting a taxi home as opposed to driving home.
As already expressed on here, he has not only let himself down but the club.
Hope he learns a lesson and takes more responsibility as to his behaviour.
Can’t you read?

He has been the most disappointing striker out of all we have signed. Big waste of money now. Not helped by the fact we change our style of play when we play him. I actually think this does us a favour and means Wilder will finally drop him. Moussett to start now or perhaps allows freeman space in the team behind the striker. Perhaps look at another striker in Jan.

Unprofessional is an understatement considering he had done absolutely nothing so far. Even if he had, no excuse for this. Would pay to watch the bollocking he will get off wilder. Let himself, the club and fans down.

It will be interesting in the dressing room, if as we are led to believe, this is a tight squad of professional. Apart from his crass stupidity he has let all his team mates down, so after CW has had a go I would expect the captain to similarly have a go, if indeed it is a tight dressing room.

And people wanted him over pursuing Maupay for his ‘Character’...

Yeah I'll admit that was one of the reasons I wanted him along with being different to what we have and being impressed seeing him for Barnsley and Swans.

He's not impressed me on or off the pitch so far.

This is the sort of thing that happens when fucking leeds is involved. Stay well away from the place, being there probably caused him to drink and drive.

Dear Oli

I'm willing to offer my services as your personal chauffeur, between the hours of 7pm and 5am, all I require is £1000pw, and access to your girlfriend in my lunch hour.
If this proposal is of interest to you, and she doesn't smell of piss, then feel free to contact me.

Regards.

BB.
Counter bid:

6pm to 6am,
£900,
piss smell absolutely fine.

Who goes on a night out into the early hours and takes the car? I can't get my head round it.

You can have 2 pints and be within the limit, in most cases anyway. We don't know the specifics but he could have strayed slightly beyond that, over a long period of time.

At best it is stupid though and I know exactly what you mean. We are all different, but in my case I know that there is no way I am sticking within the limit, or drinking pop on a night out. Leave the car at home ffs.

Back
Top Bottom