Match Thread Sheffield United vs Leicester City - 24th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEIC
LEIC
LEIC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1566462430626.png v. 1566462396994.png

EPL Week 3 - Saturday 24th August 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leicester-city.467/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Neil Hair
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 09.26.01.png

Last edited:

Apart from last week, when you said the same thing and we didn’t struggle when playing without Fleck for most of the game...
👍

Watch the game CLOSELY today. There might be a test for you to discuss how and why we got dominated in midfield ?

Time will tell.

UTB

Leicester, like Palace are an excellent counter attacking side.
So I suspect Wilder will be extra cautious again, not pushing too many men forward so we don’t get caught on the break.

Like the Palace game, first goal is massively important.

If we score first then we can sit back, we’ve already shown we are excellent at soaking up pressure.
If we score first we have a realistic chance if pulling off a 1-1, maybe even a win.

If Leicester score first, then we’ll need to come out and attack, towards the end of the match we’ll take risks and push more players forward.
This will play into Leicesters hands, so there’s a chance this could be a big lesson, with a 0-3 defeat.
Not much point going then. Game over before we've even kicked off. May as well stay in the pub.

tenor (8).gif

Wonder if CW will mix up the starting 11 a bit today?
I think we have caught people out a bit by largely starting with last seasons defence & midfield. Leicester will have done their homework now based on our last 2 games. Bringing in a few more new players could like Morrison could put them on the back foot.

Henderson
Basham. Egan. JOC
Baldock. Stevens
Norwood Besic
Lundstram
Mcburnie. Robinson

Fleck injured so I’d imagine he’ll bring Besic in as he’s been on the bench in front of Ravel.

As much as I’d like to see freeman play just can’t see Wilder setting up more attacking against Leicester if we didn’t against Palace.

Mcburnie in for Didsy as McGoldrick looked poor last week and Mcburnie offers more of a goal threat.

1-1 great result

We improved immensely when Freeman came on last weekend. The system works better with the triangle rather than the flat 3. I think CWAK have been a little cautious the first 2 games but fully expect us to go for it against Leicester today. Freeman just behind the front two. Would like to see McBurnie start. Ravel finally on the bench.

Wonder if CW will mix up the starting 11 a bit today?
I think we have caught people out a bit by largely starting with last seasons defence & midfield. Leicester will have done their homework now based on our last 2 games. Bringing in a few more new players could like Morrison could put them on the back foot.
Not sure. There's pro's and cons.
Having a settled group that knows each other inside out has its advantages too. But as you say, downsides too, as well as having £50m of new signings available :)

👍

Watch the game CLOSELY today. There might be a test for you to discuss how and why we got dominated in midfield ?

Time will tell.

UTB

Oh I’m not disagreeing with you about today, and we might well get dominated in midfield even if Fleck plays, I’m just pointing out that you made the same claim last week and you turned out to be wrong :)

Oh I’m not disagreeing with you about today, and we might well get dominated in midfield even if Fleck plays, I’m just pointing out that you made the same claim last week and you turned out to be wrong :)
Did I ?

I’m sure you have some evidence of this. Don’t you ?

I’d be more than impressed if you could find it 😀.

UTB

We've matched 2 counter attacking teams relatively comfortably and today will provide a different challenge against a quicker, more athletic team.

The consensus seems to be that they will have too much for us, and that may be the case, but I have a strong feeling that we will create as many problems for them as they do for us.

The difference could be that little bit of quality/experience that they have in key positions, especially up top. Vardy or Barnes could be the one who nicks it for them. I think we will deal with Maddison personally.

I'm expecting Freeman in for Fleck due to his injury.
Freeman slotted in nicely v Palace and had a good game both on and off the ball,so not worried there.
Leicester are a good side,but were shocking first half v Chelsea...much better 2nd half though...Fancy us to shade it though..I think we'll see the same 352 shape and line up we've been playing in the first 2 games with Freeman in for Fleck.

Today is a good test of our credentials on saying that Leicester are beatable, we just have to let them know we're there and go for it. In many ways winning the PL Leicester set the bar to show other teams can win it, not just a few in league.

I think today will be our 1st proper introduction to the prem , we have had a wonderful start , played 2 good sides but I really feel they weren't at their best , the likes of Vardy and Maddison , these are a better side with a decent Manager . I cant see us winning this one , but this United team keeps impressing me , but been an old Blade I tent to be a bit pessimistic about our chances , if we win today I will truly be blown away , Leicester aren't a top 6 side but are a top half side , so I would be happy with a draw today , but will take a another 1-0 win :rolleyes:
I see Mark Lawrenson has gone for a Leicester win with a score of 0-1 and he usually quite good at predictions .

Tough game we will need to be at our very best to get a result, we worked very hard without the ball last week and we will need to do that again, it won’t be easy however its going to be very hot this afternoon so when we do get the ball we need to keep it to give players a breather.

Freeman for Fleck for injury reasons, leave the rest. Ravel on the bench.

31,684 in attendance I reckon.

Henderson

Baldock bash Egan joc stevens
Lunny Norwood freemen
Robinson mcgoldrick

Is the starting line up today boys

Sorry to say but I see us losing this one 2-0.

Losses will happen this season unfortunately and Leicester are a strong side.

One thing we can be sure of is that we will give it our all.

I would have liked to see McBurnie start, but not surprised to see McGoldrick and Robinson keep their places.

Sorry to say but I see us losing this one 2-0.

Losses will happen this season unfortunately and Leicester are a strong side.

One thing we can be sure of is that we will give it our all.

Sorry but this isn’t Fortress Bramall Lane for nowt you know

Back
Top Bottom