Match Thread Sheffield United vs Crystal Palace - 18th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CRY
CRY
CRY
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif v. crystalpalace.png

EPL Week 2 - Sunday 18th August 2019 - Bramall Lane

Here's your match thread for the first home game of the season. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-crystal-palace.466/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: John Brooks
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 12.09.36.png

Last edited:

Difficult game to judge.

On first reflection you look at this game as one you'd earmark for 3 points - however, you then look at Palace's away record last season and you think otherwise.

Zaha likely to be back in the starting 11, him and Townsend will cause real problems on the counter attack if we go gung-ho early on. For which reason, I think we'll start the same formation as we did v Bournemouth.

If we do stick with the 'flat 3' in midfield I think the only change to personnel may come up front with McBurnie coming in - who for, Im not sure.

Hoping to see Morrison make the squad - anyone know if there is a chance of that? Has Wilder provided an update on his progress?

Difficult game to judge.

On first reflection you look at this game as one you'd earmark for 3 points - however, you then look at Palace's away record last season and you think otherwise.

Zaha likely to be back in the starting 11, him and Townsend will cause real problems on the counter attack if we go gung-ho early on. For which reason, I think we'll start the same formation as we did v Bournemouth.

If we do stick with the 'flat 3' in midfield I think the only change to personnel may come up front with McBurnie coming in - who for, Im not sure.

Hoping to see Morrison make the squad - anyone know if there is a chance of that? Has Wilder provided an update on his progress?

I seem to recall him saying he just missed out, as he wanted more defensive minded reinforcements on the bench, so opted for Mo Besic instead.

After the highs of last week I just couldn't face it if we lost this one, even if it turns out to be a game we should have won.

I know, but I've been a Blade for so long and everybody has been so nice about us, I can't help myself,

Just leave me here and go on with out me......….....o_O

Trying to buy two tickets for this and it is proving infuriatingly complicated.

Well done to the club for making it almost impossible for fans to buy tickets.

🙃

Any system that keeps you out is awesome.

My season ticket purchases were seamless.

Check for streams.

After the highs of last week I just couldn't face it if we lost this one, even if it turns out to be a game we should have won.

I know, but I've been a Blade for so long and everybody has been so nice about us, I can't help myself,

Just leave me here and go on with out me......….....o_O

Got a feeling a lot of games will yield results we don't expect this season.

Strap yourself in tight and enjoy.

Going to have to be at our best to get a result. Hope we can use the crowd to our advantage.

Just read that we've never won a Premier League match on a Sunday :eek:, can anyone verify/confirm if that's true...?

I know its on tv but we really should be selling out for the 1st game back , why are we making so hard to buy tickets it does make any sense I am totally baffled by this ?? Apparently when the students come back to the city , with us been in the Prem quite a lot of them will want to but tickets too for the odd match , we should be encouraging people to the Lane , not making it impossible to watch the Blades .

Back
Top Bottom