Match Thread Sheffield United vs Crystal Palace - 18th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CRY
CRY
CRY
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif v. crystalpalace.png

EPL Week 2 - Sunday 18th August 2019 - Bramall Lane

Here's your match thread for the first home game of the season. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-crystal-palace.466/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: John Brooks
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 12.09.36.png

Last edited:

Any kind of win would be fantastic.

But a goal for McBurnie and then a second created by Basham overlapping and putting a cross in for O'Connell or Egan to nod home would be magnificent

It'd give the pundits something to talk about wouldn't it ?

exited because 12yrs ago, I was too young to appreciate being the premier league but then I not really suffered the up & downs between 99 - 04 only 03 was interesting. lowest bit was a play off final defeat (seems like a high now) so took it for granted. now after everything Im excited to prove everyone. wrong also its been that long the roles are reversed the wigan game I was getting taken & now im 1 taking someone

got so much to thank wilder for, the miracles the guy performed to get here

Really hyped, such a good game to show the Premier League what we are about. Let's start off our home campaign with a win! UTB!

Was fairly confident of a win in this one until I listened to Beans podcast !

Will be another tricky game and we need to be absolutely on it - they seem to do much better away from home. Gonna go with another draw.

Tricky game everyone knows of Palace's record on the road last season, but don't forget the started 2017 with 6 straight defeats and not a goal scored it will be a hard contest today but a win is not beyond us COYRAWW.

Will be disappointed if he goes with the flat 3 again. Really should be going for it at home.

Wilder will be “going for it” whatever he selects – he’ll be picking an 11 that based on everything he knows about us and them is what he judges to be the best chance at giving us a win.

I think we’re all surprised to see Lundstram start!

Not really. Most expected the same team to start. Not what alot wanted but here we go!

I'm surprised with the unchanged side. I'm not knocking Lunny, he did nowt wrong against Bournemouth but I expected Freeman.

Maybe Wilder thinks he's short in quality in CM?

I think we’re all surprised to see Lundstram start!
Disappointed that Lunny is in the team. Definitely think we look more of an attacking threat with Freeman in the attacking mid role. In Wilder we trust but I’d rather we have a right go at it than sit back and invite the Eagles on to us.

The talk has been about not changing our style of play, this is clearly changing our style of play.

I expected it to be a like for like Duffy replacement for a home match against winnable opposition.

But as ever, Wilder knows more than me!

"Installed a fx system which gives light shows"
* Puts sunglasses in top pocket before leaving car !! *

Not surprised but dissapointed. We were not a premiership strength side last season. Swapping Sharp for Robinson does not make us one this season either. Could understand it for first game of season being cagey away game but hoped we would have been more courageous today.

But alas in Wilder we trust.

Ticket collection is absolutely Shite today, just a warning to anyone coming down to collect. A to J surname 40 mins to hand out 25 envelopes.cue z now to nearly top of car park, gutted for them towards the back of the que. there was about 50 in front of me, I have been waiting 40 mins and still only half way down. 1 person in the kiosk, it’s a joke!!! Piss poor blades...

He did fine last week I suppose. My issue isn’t him playing. It’s the flat 3, it really doesn’t suit us. I really hope the CAM role isn’t being abandoned.

Surprised Morrison isn't on the bench. Otherwise expected really. A good bench.

The same group that held Bournemouth.
This is a tough home game ,in 2019 Man City scored 24 away goals second was Palace scoring 20.
Come on Blades you have that fantastic home support behind you win this!

Back
Top Bottom