Match Thread Sheffield United vs Crystal Palace - 18th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CRY
CRY
CRY
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif v. crystalpalace.png

EPL Week 2 - Sunday 18th August 2019 - Bramall Lane

Here's your match thread for the first home game of the season. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-crystal-palace.466/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: John Brooks
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 12.09.36.png

Last edited:

Sheff Utd v Crystal Palace

Sheff Utd v Crystal Palace (14:00 BST)

I was really pleased to see Billy Sharp score to earn Sheffield United a point last week. He has spent most of his career in the lower leagues, but he has always got goals.

A draw at Bournemouth was a decent result for the Blades and I quite fancy them to beat Palace, because they will have a real go at them. Bramall Lane will be a full house and there will be a great noise.

Sheffield Utd boss Wilder 'proud' after draw
It is going to be a difficult afternoon for Crystal Palace, anyhow.

Wilfried Zaha should start for them - why wouldn't he? - but having a situation where their best player has asked to leave has not helped their start to the season, and it feels like they have got a few teething problems to sort out.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

To be fair,their away record basically kept them up last season...6th best team on the road with 9 away wins,and they have real pace up top...but we usually do a good job keeping the back door shut of late.
Should be a good game...would be a great start to back up our point at Bournemouth with a win at the Lane.

They are a great test for us. An established PL team that lurks around lower mid table so in one way just the sort of game we should target as a win but also a team who were fantastic away from home and play a fast paced counter attacking style.

Will we play into their hands with our style or will we stifle their better players trapping them deep in their own half. Can’t wait to find out

I fancy our chances v these, Palace look like they could struggle because they are a 1 man team the stats prove It when you see the win % with & without Zaha. how motivated will he will be. im just glad to be back at the lane I cant remember a bigger gap 29th april - 18th august nearly 4 months

CW interview pre match...https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07ktm6k

was reading a interesting article on star about media commiments & they talked about the improvements for stadium & 1 particular improvement fills me with dread

20190816_232424.jpg

was reading a interesting article on star about media commiments & they talked about the improvements for stadium & 1 particular improvement fills me with dread

View attachment 59941

Don't ya know for the night games every time there's a goal we gonna blast out Cotton Eye Joe accompanied with a disco style laser light show.

Palace have three kits but I would say none of them are really suitable as they are for the match tomorrow.
Might have to go with black shirt white shorts and white socks maybe?

This will be a carbon copy of when we played Fulham two years ago.

Blades 4-5 Palace

So our first home PL match for 12 years is finally upon us as we welcome Crystal Palace to BDBL. An intriguing game against the type of team we probably need to be beating if survival is to occur. Very difficult match though......

But anyway?

Any team news? :)

Freeman to start?

Sharp still on the bench?

Lundstram surely not for this type of game?

We have a great PL home record against London sides but it really doesn't count for much today. We just need 3 points by any method possible. I'm very worried but will still go for a 1-0 Blades victory with Stevens getting the goal.

UTB

Freeman in for Lunny as we are going to need to break them down if they sit in and play on the counter.. need his creativity.
Robbo and McB up top for me...3412.

Just read that we've never won a Premier League match on a Sunday :eek:, can anyone verify/confirm if that's true...?

• The Blades are unbeaten in their opening home match in each of their past four top-flight campaigns (W2, D2).
  • They have not won any of the five Premier League games they have played on a Sunday (D4, L1).

So our first home PL match for 12 years is finally upon us as we welcome Crystal Palace to BDBL. An intriguing game against the type of team we probably need to be beating if survival is to occur. Very difficult match though......

But anyway?

Any team news? :)

Freeman to start?

Sharp still on the bench?

Lundstram surely not for this type of game?

We have a great PL home record against London sides but it really doesn't count for much today. We just need 3 points by any method possible. I'm very worried but will still go for a 1-0 Blades victory with Stevens getting the goal.

UTB

Loyse ☹

Time to change that then. Just putting the Blades flag on my lounge wall to add to my overseas shrine of all things Blades. I now have a bottle of Hendersons Relish signed by Robbo&Freeman with the photo of the signing(my fantastic son) to add to my collection. COYRAWW!

Defeatist Snowman. Try smiling today....

From the Beeb
In 2018-19, Palace earned nine more points away from home than they did at Selhurst Park. Their away form was the sixth best in the division.
Palace won five of their last six Premier League away fixtures in 2018-19, including each of the last three.
Only Manchester City have scored more Premier League away goals in 2019 than Crystal Palace, who have 20.
Nine of Wilfried Zaha's 10 Premier League goals last season came in away matches.

Interesting stuff which shows how important it is not to underestimate plalace away 6 th best in prem. need to watch them on the counter and hope Zaha has an off day. We need good performances in all of defence midfield and attack. We can do it. Mcburnie off the mark. COYRAWW.

It’ll be dangerous game against Woy’s boys today good counter attacking team & unpredictable .. the first goal very important today.

Just out of interest where is Not a Cheat these days? I used to like his matchday threads and can't even find his profile. Banned?

Back
Top Bottom