CONFIRMED Billy Sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The early pages of this thread make fucking outstanding reading

I would take McNulty over Sharp everyday of the week. He was tremendous on Sunday.

Sharp was dreadful for us even when he was good, imagine how dreadful he'll be now he's dreadful!

A hearty, seasonal NO to even considering BS....in McNulty we already have a player who offers the potential that Billy once promised.

NO NO NO he is way past his sell by date.

Signing BS would further confirm this club is in a downward spiral in a piss poor league.

Last seen Nov 26, 2016
There have been a few that were once prolific posters and have totally disappeared without a pre-flounce or notification of sadly passing.

I miss Peteblade for example. A good poster on here and BM.

We have Flynn, Murphy, Baxter, McNulty, Done, JCR, Higdon, Diego, Adams and Woolford at the club already who can play at least one position in a front three, and most of these can easily play in a front two. I'm probably missing out a couple of people as well. Sharp does not offer a significant improvement over the best of whichever two in a 4-4-2 or three in a 4-3-3 you want to use, and we clearly do not need any depth.

A number of quotes worth dragging back up (after spending a bloody age going through the damn thread) but the above is special.
Imagine no Billy and a pairing of Higdon and Woolford!!! If it wasn't so bloody hot I'd be sweating ice just thinking about it.

Add the happiness at Sammon joining the fold toward the end of the thread and it's pure gold.

The early pages of this thread make fucking outstanding reading

Ah, the benefit of hindsight.....I'll let you into a little secret, sometimes I make a mistake, and so do other posters. I just can't be bothered to spend/waste my time trying to show up other posters, but if it makes you feel 'victorious' I guess you can say you 'won'. Oh well, if it keeps you happy. Now, this should leave you time for discrediting fellow Blades as wendy supporters, even when they tell you they are Blades.

Yeah yeah laugh it up, now drag up the thread (admittedly on an older forum) where I and I alone predicted Luton Shelton would be a colossal failure after that Manchester United performance.

At least we can laugh at ourselves! Nobody revisits the dozens we get right of course...

Excellent level of wrongess.

If the collective S24SU opinion trend is to be applied, then I look forward to bumping a few threads in 2022 when Moussett is keeping Mbappe out of the France team, Jags is still the fastest centre half in the Premier League and we're still trying to sign Hendo on loan.

Ah, the benefit of hindsight.....I'll let you into a little secret, sometimes I make a mistake, and so do other posters. I just can't be bothered to spend/waste my time trying to show up other posters, but if it makes you feel 'victorious' I guess you can say you 'won'. Oh well, if it keeps you happy. Now, this should leave you time for discrediting fellow Blades as wendy supporters, even when they tell you they are Blades.
You really are unable to take a joke and it's sad to see

You’re a bit embarrassed aren’t you, soccer fan?
Yes - you've hit the nail on the head Pinchy; it's embarrassing to think that despite the success the Blades have had over the last 3 seasons we still have knucklehead "fans" like you making infantile comments on the back of such an embarrassing back-catalogue of negativity and fellow fan abuse. It's too much to expect any less from you I suppose. Keep on comin' with the laughs though.

Lighten up pal. Its brilliant reading some of the old comments. You deserve some ribbing, I'm sure I would too if you read all of my historic posts.

You really are unable to take a joke and it's sad to see

Ah, you appear to have forgotten the reason for emoticons, they suggest humour or whatever emotion is relevant. You added none, so less of the retrospective nonsense.......but listen Aki, I don't want to take up any more of your valuable time, I'm sure there are plenty of dated posts you can scroll that you'll find amusing.

Ah, you appear to have forgotten the reason for emoticons, they suggest humour or whatever emotion is relevant. You added none, so less of the retrospective nonsense.......but listen Aki, I don't want to take up any more of your valuable time, I'm sure there are plenty of dated posts you can scroll that you'll find amusing.
Sorry but you don't need emojis to signify humour, there wasn't anything bad natured in the post at all - nothing personal, just a bit of light ribbing.

Yes - you've hit the nail on the head Pinchy; it's embarrassing to think that despite the success the Blades have had over the last 3 seasons we still have knucklehead "fans" like you making infantile comments on the back of such an embarrassing back-catalogue of negativity and fellow fan abuse. It's too much to expect any less from you I suppose. Keep on comin' with the laughs though.

I’m amongst the least negative contributors on here. Always positive and optimistic about my club. That’s another you’ve got wrong.

Why not just acknowledge the absurd irony of accusing others of not understanding our wonderful game and in the next breath referring to it as ‘soccer’?

Here’s a football for you... 🏈

And this fantastic poster was the first off the mark with the announcement, I wonder what happened to him?

I asked him back a while ago. He was still adamant he had had enough of us all. Don't blame him, proper Blade as he is.

Sharp is not a target man. He's not even a goalscorer these days...We need a big mobile leader of the line to partner Matt Done who is likely to score prolifically next season. That's not Shatp is it?...but he's a Blade so that cures all ills...

Dear me, I do despair.....deep, deep despair....
Deep, deep despair indeed - Oh the absurd irony of it all Pinchy (sorry to pinch your irony from right under your nose).

Why not just acknowledge the absurd irony of accusing others of not understanding our wonderful game and in the next breath referring to it as ‘soccer’?

Currently reading the book on our wartime Cup win, and it was striking that soccer was used as a term fairly frequently in contemporary Sheffield articles, letters and elsewhere. The notion that the term is an American invention doesn’t really stick. I used to be very anti use of the word, don’t really mind hearing it now in truth, though still wouldn’t use it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom