LYDON / bomber_command - RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Very sad to hear this news. Bomber started on Blades mad about the same time as me and some of his late night exchanges were the finest I ever saw, and way too hard to keep up with. Like many on here have said it seems like losing a friend. There was clearly a dark side to Bomber, I think this is what drove some of his maniacal brilliance, and he would often go missing after a particularly good run but he would be soon back again and the whole board would perk up again when he was. A sad loss. Goodnight Bomber, thank you, and may your God go with you.

Read all of this thread but not posted yet so...What a truly heartbreaking piece of news. One of my favourite posters on here, and also prior to me joining this forum as BC on Bladesmad. A witty, incisive, saracstic and always amusing chap, surely the first entry if we ever have an S24SU hall of fame for those no longer with us.

As others have said, a poster I never met, or even knew his face, but someone I'd have loved to talk about United or music with over a pint in "real life."

My sincere condolences to his friends and family. Rest in Peace LYDON

Ta x

I'm very sad to pass on the news that LYDON passed away in his sleep last night.

Many of us knew him as "bomber_command" on Bladesmad and enjoyed his contributions on there over a number of years.

An intelligent, interesting and funny guy who made us all laugh at some point I'm sure.

Will be missed.

Rest in peace, Blade.
Rip fellow blade
Much respected member of the forum,condolences to family & friends.

There was a thread over on BM that ran and ran all about bands and music that took us back to the times we spent in the Limit during it's heyday . Bomber Command was very much at the forefront as we all reminisced . Not only was he a very intelligent and witty poster, he had a fucking great taste in music .

First chance I've had to reply to this sad news and I'd just like to echo everyone else's thoughts.
I first started posting on BM (until their technical problems stopped me from signing in) because of the above mentioned Limit thread.
I used to be a permanent fixture in the place and find it difficult to believe that I didn't know BC / Lydon, although I have no idea who he actually was ,I'd be amazed if I wasn't at least on nodding terms with him and a few of the others who contributed regularly on there.
Did anyone on either forum actually know him?
Intelligent, razor sharp, witty and as mentioned fantastic musical taste. His pig baiting was legendary and he will be sorely missed.
RIP BC / Lydon I really do feel like I've lost a friend.

Ant.

Some sort of first home game tribute to LYDON ??
Ricky you seem good at organising things?

Maybe a half time tribute over the PA system would be possible? Gary Sinclair would do it. There's clearly plenty to say about him based on his forum contributions alone. But this would ultimately be down to his family/those closest to him.

Hello.
May I thank you all for the kind words that have been written about Johnny.
It took us all by surprise, his passing wasn't expected, the rest of our family are still in a bewildered shock.
From myself and them to you all who had the kindness to relay your thoughts, they were read out (to great hilarity) at his wake.
From what I did know about his time spent on here, you all made him laugh, smile and at times shake his head in disbelief.
That was Johnny.
Love and Peace to you all.
Colleen O'Donohue.
Jimmy, Kevin, Francis, Patrick
Mary, Iona and Cairdeas..

Hello.
It took us all by surprise, his passing wasn't expected, the rest of our family are still in a bewildered shock.
From myself and them to you all who had the kindness to relay your thoughts, they were read out (to great hilarity) at his wake.
From what I did know about his time spent on here, you all made him laugh, smile and at times shake his head in disbelief.
That was Johnny.
Colleen O'Donohue.

It was a real privelege to have known him, albeit online.

Love to you all

I'm very sad to pass on the news that LYDON passed away in his sleep last night.

Many of us knew him as "bomber_command" on Bladesmad and enjoyed his contributions on there over a number of years.

An intelligent, interesting and funny guy who made us all laugh at some point I'm sure.

Will be missed.

Rest in peace, Blade.

RIP brother

Hello.
That was Johnny.
Colleen O'Donohue.
Lovely that his true friends and family got to find out how he managed to have a positive effect on total strangers with a minimum of one thing in common. Love to you and all your family xxx

Lovely that his true friends and family got to find out how he managed to have a positive effect on total strangers with a minimum of one thing in common. Love to you and all your family xxx

This is the perfect response to the LYDON families post.

Nothing more needs to be said

I’m a bit late on the reply Ricky , very sad news ,great character on here and not shy to express his viewpoint , I wish his family & friends my sincere condolences at this difficult time

RIP Blade

Hello.
That was Johnny.
Colleen O'Donohue.

The pleasure was all ours. Nice to have a name, They'll love you upstairs Johnny.

Hello.
That was Johnny.
Colleen O'Donohue.

For a split second, when I saw that avatar and the shape of the words in the post, I hoped it had all been a wonderful LYDON hoax. Now I’m sad all over again, but lovely to hear from you, Colleen. The very best wishes to you all.

Back
Top Bottom