LYDON / bomber_command - RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Life’s a bitch but then you don’t marry one because mines a beauty in every sense. This bloke was obviously a topman and someone who is sorely missed. Gutted!

Happy new year everyone.

Able to poke fun and be rude. To offend in the best possible way. To amuse. The warmth always came out. Never met LYDON and wish I had, I know we'd have got on.

Posted on the same forums as him for years. You've summed him up for me.

Again, never met him. Wish I had.

God he could bait Pigs better than anyone I've ever seen.

Who was the piggy cunt he used to tie in knots on Bladesmad the doctor was it McNulty?

No. Sexy pistol, who he renamed Sexpest firstly and then the Glossop Mauler. ( the ex marine with the Boss model wife and big house in Glossop even though he seemed to spend a lot of time in Kiveton :rolleyes: )

Bomber had him apoplectic at times. He had several meltdowns over it. :p

No. Sexy pistol, who he renamed Sexpest firstly and then the Glossop Mauler. ( the ex marine with the Boss model wife and big house in Glossop even though he seemed to spend a lot of time in Kiveton :rolleyes: )

Bomber had him apoplectic at times. He had several meltdowns over it. :p
That’s the one he used to brag about living in a big house used to crack me up how Bomber would tie him in knots happy days.....RIP Bomber/Lyndon gone but not forgotten:)

The ending of a year, how many of us have been affected by the loss of someone close?

How many of us would trade everything for a moment with those who have left us?

What if the silence let you dream?
What if the air could let you breathe?
What if the words would bring you here?
What if this sound could bring you peace?

Peace, Love & Harmony to you all in the coming year

X

That's beautiful, was hoping not to cry today but that one's gone South already.

I'd give everything, and I'm sure anyone who has suffered loss would say the same. It shows you many things, one of the key ones (for me) is that there is never as much time as you would like.

When someone is taken from you, there is no pain like it, it takes much more from you than you have to give, and you do your best with the pieces you have left.

I have no words of wisdom, no advice of use because it is different for all of us.

That this thread keeps getting brought back up speaks volumes.

He's left a giant hole on this forum.

He really has.

He had a gift, a unique sense of humour but an empathetic side too. If he said he'd got your back, you knew he meant it. Even though we used to josh about afternoon tea in Atkinsons I never got to meet him, and that is a great shame.

He's missed, he really is.

Hello there everyone.
I hope you are all well and happy and looking forward to The Blades in the Premier League.
It was one year ago today that our family said goodbye to the main man in our lives. Our Da', Johnny.
The year has flown by, our Ma though has struggled with the loss, I don't think she'll ever be the same 'Mammy' ever again.
Though she does try.
We've seen the posts that a lot of you all have made, it's been a grand laugh i'll tell you all reading what you thought of him.

Thank You all.

Did anyone ever get to say hello in person to him or share a moment talking about the football?

Look after one another and count every second and make them special, life can change in an instant, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Don't waste time, thinking of ways to hurt anyone, think of ways to help friends and family and those who really matter.
Most of all though, is laugh. Like our Da' made us all laugh, with his off the cuff comments and his attempts to make our Mammy laugh when she was furious with him over The Blades.

Thank You all everyone for remembering our Da'
Thank You.

We will never forget, often referred to in these pages with fondness. Really wish he could have been here to see the team back in the PL. no doubt he’s watching on with many others int big stand.

Bloody hell! I'm gobsmacked and thought this was like yesterday and then I notice the date! A year ago. Bless you Bomber - we had a ball back on the old BM board! Such a laugh and I remember being in tears of laughter on more than one occasion. Best poster ever - no question. Thanks for the hilarity pal. your old mate RolloBlade ;-) X

Bloody hell! I'm gobsmacked and thought this was like yesterday and then I notice the date! A year ago. Bless you Bomber - we had a ball back on the old BM board! Such a laugh and I remember being in tears of laughter on more than one occasion. Best poster ever - no question. Thanks for the hilarity pal. your old mate RolloBlade ;-) X

Do you still have that glass topped table? Asking for a friend. 😲

Fondly remembered and sadly missed on here and Bladesmad.

He gave me many a laugh over the years did Lydon/BC.

:(

Hello there everyone.
I hope you are all well and happy and looking forward to The Blades in the Premier League.
It was one year ago today that our family said goodbye to the main man in our lives. Our Da', Johnny.
The year has flown by, our Ma though has struggled with the loss, I don't think she'll ever be the same 'Mammy' ever again.
Though she does try.
We've seen the posts that a lot of you all have made, it's been a grand laugh i'll tell you all reading what you thought of him.

Thank You all.

Did anyone ever get to say hello in person to him or share a moment talking about the football?

Look after one another and count every second and make them special, life can change in an instant, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Don't waste time, thinking of ways to hurt anyone, think of ways to help friends and family and those who really matter.
Most of all though, is laugh. Like our Da' made us all laugh, with his off the cuff comments and his attempts to make our Mammy laugh when she was furious with him over The Blades.

Thank You.

Is it really a year? Crikey.

Sadly, I never got to meet him. I wish I had because I just know he'd have been a really interesting person to know. It can be difficult to express your character online, but he managed it and then some. He is still missed on here, and people still talk about him. Thats the mark of someone quite remarkable, and I hope you can find some small comfort in that at what must still be a very painful time for you.

Hello there everyone.
Though she does try.

Thank You all.

Thank You.

Wow a year already.
Everything I could say about BC / Lyndon has already been said by others.
Funny, razor sharp, never took himself seriously, and great taste in music.
On BM we spent hours discussing bands, gigs etc we had very similar taste and I suspect we are a similar age. We were both Limit club regulars in our younger days and I can’t believe that I haven’t at some time met him although his name didn’t ring any bells. I’d love to see a photo of the old rouge to try and put a face to the name.
Doubly poignant reading back through some of these comments to see boo radley has posted his commiserations. Another fine forum contributor who will be sorely missed.
RIP Bladesmen. 🥵

By Bomber/Lydon. Gonna miss you even though I never knew you. Condolences to all your family and friends. R.I.P.

Fucks sake.....another one!
Best wishes to his friends and family

I'm pretty sure no poster has made such an impact on us all in such a short time on here.
Oh and what a Leveller.
As members we reflect on this loss for a time, are saddened but then are able to leave it. Family and friends cannot do that so easily even after some time. If the fact that he was LOVED so much by us all offers his closest a small comfort, that shows how special LYDON was.
Thank you again and RIP.
A very poignant message from a poster who has also passed away too soon.

Hello there everyone.
Though she does try.

Thank You all.

Thank You.

Lovely words ❤️❤️

Hello there everyone.
Though she does try.

Thank You all.

Thank You.

Those who had the immense pleasure of interacting with him, laughing along at his posts and his love for the Blades will never forget him. You can count on that.

I remember him fondly from Bladesmad. All the best to the family.
Aye Old Bomber on Bladesmad, what a legend he was on there. He had those pigs in his pocket many a time.
Good times on there back then. Dr (pig) McNulty, Paddys, Bomber etc. The football was shite but always a had a laugh on BM.

Back
Top Bottom