LYDON / bomber_command - RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aw this is really sad news, I am stunned to be honest.

He was a funny bloke with a twisted sense of humour, often made me laugh.

I am guessing he was in my age group, only because he always "liked" my posts about late 70's/early 80's bands and the golden era of The Limit Club on West Street.

RIP Lydon, you will genuinely be missed pal.

There was a thread over on BM that ran and ran all about bands and music that took us back to the times we spent in the Limit during it's heyday . Bomber Command was very much at the forefront as we all reminisced . Not only was he a very intelligent and witty poster, he had a fucking great taste in music .

Can only add the same as others. Very sad news and hope his family are as good as could be expected. Don't remember him off Bladesmad but remember him well on here.

When I woke up this morning to this news it was such a shock. We seem to have a a few losses on here lately. I have stated before at such times that it does show how much this place means to folk to escape to that we can be so upset about the death of a fellow poster we never knew.
LYDON , a member for what, two and a half years or so? to have such an impact on us in such a short space of time says loads about how the guy was loved. To those on here who knew him personally and to his family and friends, again from the rest of us please take what little comfort you can at this time from the sympathy we have expressed on here and how he brightened up the day with so little input of words that said so much.
RIP Sir and thank you.

When I woke up this morning to this news it was such a shock. We seem to have a a few losses on here lately. I have stated before at such times that it does show how much this place means to folk to escape to that we can be so upset about the death of a fellow poster we never knew.
LYDON , a member for what, two and a half years or so? to have such an impact on us in such a short space of time says loads about how the guy was loved. To those on here who knew him personally and to his family and friends, again from the rest of us please take what little comfort you can at this time from the sympathy we have expressed on here and how he brightened up the day with so little input of words that said so much.
RIP Sir and thank you.

‘ THIS ‘

Sad news, he was one of the more entertaining posters.

Loved how when there was a spat going on between 2 posters he’d come in with some clever/ witty comment bringing humour to the thread and calming things down.

Not always understood by me but always read when I saw that logo, funny also, Rest in Peace young man.

RIP Sir and thank you.
Spot on boo , great post

Been away for a couple of days but never expected that when I opened the thread. Gutted, really really gutted.

Yer twat LYDON we've not finished with yer. :D

Top poster on here, never met him but always looked for his posts as everything he did made me smile, for doing that fella a huge huge thanks.

As so many have said he touched so many strangers in such wonderful ways [not like that LYDON] with his sense of humour and his responses, he was some poster, and no doubt will leave a vast gap in the life of all his friends and family, condolences to them all.

Foxy, how about a LYDON button we can use when we feel a post needs a multiple liking, pressing it to acknowledge something was special eh?

RIP LYDON, yer wer special, wished I'd met you in real life.

x

This is dreadful news. His recent absence was worrying. I was hoping it was because he was away on one of those two Hebridean road trips he’d been so looking forward to. I hope he managed to make at least one of those trips.

Such an astute man, gifted with a bullshit detector that could sense a twat from several miles away.

Dear Johnny L. You will be missed to the max in this house. Sad, sad news.

Been away for a couple of days but never expected that when I opened the thread. Gutted, really really gutted.

Top poster on here, never met him but always looked for his posts as everything he did made me smile, for doing that fella a huge huge thanks.

As so many have said he touched so many strangers in such wonderful ways [not like that LYDON] with his sense of humour and his responses, he was some poster, and no doubt will leave a vast gap in the life of all his friends and family, condolences to them all.

Foxy, how about a LYDON button we can use when we feel a post needs a multiple liking, pressing it to acknowledge something was special eh?

x

*Presses LYDON button*
to that mate

x
Lovely lovely tribute mate. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom