Pre-Season 17/18 Sheffield United v. Stoke City - 25/07/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Main difference between championship and next level....quality of forwards. The back line will be tested with the movement and quality tonight, but we won't be playing against the likes of shakiri very often.

She sing that hips don't lie song?

How did we do then? How did Eastwood play?

He made some good saves and commanded his area alright...but my god, the kid likes to take his fucking time.

I'm not going to hammer him at all as he's done great stepping up when needed. But he needs to sharpen up his distribution and dilly-dally a tad less. His goal kicks seemed to take an age.

Apart from that, he was sound against good opposition.

Without getting carried away about a win in a pre-season friendly still a good result & by the sounds of it performance against a side in division above .All good for confidence for tee minus 11 days .

Keep brooks and show some gonads for once in our lives, people saying get x amounts for him etc, makes no difference it just gets filtered around and the impact is zilch. Let's go for it, what's it the pigs say Believe :D Good win against a very tough team tonight, well done Blades. Onwards

The Radio Stoke presenters have again said they were impressed us, particularly with our defence.
Mentioned that we're like Chelsea, play a back 5 and make very few changes, so the defence all know each other.

They both said that teams that get promoted often find it difficult in a new league and are involved in a relegation battle but said they've be really surprised if we're down near the bottom, one said we've no worries and will be fine next season.

Mentioned that we've won our previous 4 friendlies with an impressive win away at Malaga
So maybe they under estimated Sheffield United and this result isn't as bad as what it might seem.

Since Oldham away on 25/03/2017 (1-1) we've won every single game we've played. That's four months without failing to win, or WWWWWWWWWWWW - whichever you like the look of the most.

WWWWWWWWWWWW reads better than that WAWAW shite that the pigs come out with. They can shove that up their arse.

The Radio Stoke presenters have again said they were impressed us, particularly with our defence.
Mentioned that we're like Chelsea, play a back 5 and make very few changes, so the defence all know each other.

They both said that teams that get promoted often find it difficult in a new league and are involved in a relegation battle but said they've be really surprised if we're down near the bottom, one said we've no worries and will be fine next season.

Mentioned that we've won our previous 4 friendlies with an impressive win away at Malaga
So maybe they under estimated Sheffield United and this result isn't as bad as what it might seem.
Nice to hear it from opposition teams radio commenters as they call it from a different perspective , very complementary to us .. this winning lark CW's got us into isn't a bad habit is it ?

Maybe wrong to conclude from friendlies , but judging by the Malaga and Stoke match our football from last season seems to work against higher level teams as well. Nice to see and hopefully it'll carry on when it matters more as well.
Bergen, I, like everybody else does not know what the future holds but I have always felt that our style from last year will do well, if we had gone the other way and been Relegated from the championship we would be told you cannot play football in the 3Rd. Tier, no room etc well we did and we did it brilliantly, I accept we will be up against better players all over the park but I have confidence in how we set up, I like the idea of playing an extra midfielder instead of a forward, especially a fit and quick midfield to support a striker, bit like under cloughy at Wembley, only far, far better

Might be worth noting that fitness wise I'm pretty sure the premier league sides are a week or two behind us.

January? That late?

pommpey

No pommpey, don't do it. The season hasn't even started yet. things aren't as bad as you think.

0113-0706-0605-1450_a_man_attempts_suicide_by_sticking_his_head_in_an_oven.jpg

Well just got back and that was an excellent performance and a very good game of football.

The first half hour we pretty much dominated, Samir looked the best player on the pitch during that spell.

We moved the ball well, defended well for most of the game apart from the goal, Eastwood looked confident and commanding, if there is one thing we lack it's a bit of pace where I thought we could have picked them off on the break.

If we can add that with possibly another goal scoring threat we may be okay next season (providing we don't cave in on the selling front)

Much happier bunny tonight.

How did Sharp & Lavery look together tonight?

On paper they would be my striking partnership and would like to see them get more game time together.

Bergen, I, like everybody else does not know what the future holds but I have always felt that our style from last year will do well, if we had gone the other way and been Relegated from the championship we would be told you cannot play football in the 3Rd. Tier, no room etc well we did and we did it brilliantly, I accept we will be up against better players all over the park but I have confidence in how we set up, I like the idea of playing an extra midfielder instead of a forward, especially a fit and quick midfield to support a striker, bit like under cloughy at Wembley, only far, far better
So did Lavery start in midfield ?

Sharp ?

Not sure it will be 2 behind the 1. 1 behind the 2 for sure. You will often find one of the two main strikers coming deep or out wide to create an "illusion" we are 1 alone up top. But given the only width we have as a set up is the wing backs, which potentially makes you vulnerable down the channels, I doubt Wilder would accept this if it wasn't to have the benefit of a front pair.

UTB

Well just got back and that was an excellent performance and a very good game of football.

The first half hour we pretty much dominated, Samir looked the best player on the pitch during that spell.

We moved the ball well, defended well for most of the game apart from the goal, Eastwood looked confident and commanding, if there is one thing we lack it's a bit of pace where I thought we could have picked them off on the break.

If we can add that with possibly another goal scoring threat we may be okay next season (providing we don't cave in on the selling front)

Much happier bunny tonight.
What was the crowd za

Nice to hear it from opposition teams radio commenters as they call it from a different perspective , very complementary to us .. this winning lark CW's got us into isn't a bad habit is it ?

They were trying to get the message across to Stoke fans that it wasn't necessarily Stoke that were poor but they said that SU deserve credit and proved to be tougher opposition than many thought.

Said we've won all our pre season friendlies, don't change the defence around much, so tonight's loss isn't as bad as what people might think. Said apart from the first 20 minutes the match was fairly even with neither goalie having that much to do.

Said the most worrying part about tonight was how little they worked Eastwood but said maybe the SU defence deserves credit for stifling and restricting Stokes forward play. Apparently they play Bolton next and hope to see much more attacking intent and chances created.

I thought today would see the best of us in pre-season, when we have to raise our game to compete, as opposed to playing lower league teams. All looking promising to be honest. Pre-season is misleading at times though. I remember we had a good one under both Weir and Adkins and then had a dreadful start to the season!

Back
Top Bottom