New away kit...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It should be Forum rules that anyone making these laughably shit home-made kits should be forced to post a picture of them so we can decide if they're better than the official ones or not.

I think you're allowed to point at them and shout "Bus Wanker". As they'll probably be on a bus too.

Right i've ordered a plain shirt, i'll have a stab at getting a badge done up as well.

I'll have a look at the shirt tonight in the shop and if the quality is decent, I'll get a plain one. Providing I can get a Blades badge.

You won't like what they've done with the reverse sponsor then...

"Is it smart Bob?"

"Yeah it's smart"

"And how smart is it?"

"Very smart. I think people should go away fully aware of just how smart the smartness factor is on this very smart kit"

I love listening to footballers interviews, always thoroughly insightful, heartfelt and usually funny and full of wit. It's even better when it's a dull question about a nothing subject- they really turn it around and make the interview colorful and enjoyable. Thanks you guys

Surely the club would be legally allowed to stop someone from doing that?

If you legally bought an Adidas shirt and legally bought and SUFC badge and put them together and sold them on, it would be interesting as to whether that would be breach of copyright.

If you legally bought an Adidas shirt and legally bought and SUFC badge and put them together and sold them on, it would be interesting as to whether that would be breach of copyright.

The question is can you legally buy SUFC embroidered badges....

Correction: Can you legally sell SUFC embroidered badges if you are not SUFC?

Well I just went down to get a Fenerbahce ticket, and ended up buying the new away shirt too... I was going to get a polo shirt but they are £35 so i decided might as well pay a bit more for the shirt. The sponsor is MILES better than the home, it's just the lettering and no panel, like we had with Westfield Health, don't know why they didn't do this for the home shirt with white writing and a black outline.

The question is can you legally buy SUFC embroidered badges....

Correction: Can you legally sell SUFC embroidered badges if you are not SUFC?

I don't see why not. If I buy an SUFC shrt with the SUFC badge on (copyright SUFC) and sell it on to you, I am not doing anything wrong. I don't know much about this area, but my hunch is that if I am not holding it out as official SUFC merchandise, I am fine.

I don't see why not. If I buy an SUFC shrt with the SUFC badge on (copyright SUFC) and sell it on to you, I am not doing anything wrong. I don't know much about this area, but my hunch is that if I am not holding it out as official SUFC merchandise, I am fine.

That's not want i was intending. I'll be more specific.
Is it legal to reproduce the club badge and then sell it on? I suspect not.

That's not want i was intending. I'll be more specific.
Is it legal to reproduce the club badge and then sell it on? I suspect not.

I think that would be breach of copyright. The club could get an injunction against you.

However if you could

1. Buy the Adidas shirt;
2. Attach a badge to it that you have purchased
3. Sell shirts
4 with a prominent "not official SUFC merchandise" disclaimer

I think you would be fine.

Isn't this why clubs such as Arsenal and Chelsea changed their badges, so they could get maximum copyright protection?

Isn't this why clubs such as Arsenal and Chelsea changed their badges, so they could get maximum copyright protection?

The law is summarised here

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/sports-law/unofficial-sports-merchandise.htm

It appears to be the case that as long as you make it clear that it is not official club merchandise, you can use the club badge.

If that is the law stated correctly, I cannot see any problem with flogging the Adidas shirts with United badge on as long as you display prominently in your sales literarture "NOT OFFICIAL SUFC MERCHANDISE"

This is EMBARRASSING!!!
Shall I go on?
This is LAST season’s Tiro 13 template (the Bat Wing design!)

View attachment 9025
As used by these Adidas kit supplied teams in all the English and Scottish leagues LAST Season (2013/14): Fulham (3rd) Hull (H) Southampton (H) Stoke (A) Swansea (H) WBA (H/A) Bolton (A) Middlesbrough (A) Forest (A/3rd) Bristol City (H) Hearts (H) Peterhead (A)
THIS season ALL the teams (so far) using Adidas as their kit supplier have NEW 2014 templates (Home and Away): Chelsea, Sunderland, Swansea, WBA, Brentford, Fulham, Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Forest, Swindon, Aberdeen, Hearts, Ayr Utd
EXCEPT US!!! WTF!!!
What are the people at BDTBL who are ‘making’ these decisions THINKING!!!!!!!!
And yes it looks like a vicars shirt and yes you can buy the exact shirt (without badge or sponsors) for £18!!!
That’s it rant over :(

Info: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/
http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/adidas-Tiro-13-Short-Sleeve-Football-Shirt-Mens-Football-Teamwear-BlackWhite-60782.aspx?spr=1

Maybe you'll get confirmation from the club, but for whatever reason there was a last minute decision to change this kit. Whether it was colour, design, fitting in the sponsor or a combination of these I don't know, but I would not be surprised if this is a decision in haste,need a kit for two weeks time what we got in stock? Right take the Tiro in black with white trim and get some SUFC badges on it. Find out who cocked-up the original kit and you've got the reason for this kit!

P.S.

And if the third kit is a new design, you know I'm right! :)

Just bought it. The sponsor logo is about 10,000 times better than the home shirt. Teh fit is a bit bigger than the home ones aswell (didnt think that would be possible!) but I bought the same size and its a bit big!

IMG_20140729_WA0013.jpg

Just bought it. The sponsor logo is about 10,000 times better than the home shirt. Teh fit is a bit bigger than the home ones aswell (didnt think that would be possible!) but I bought the same size and its a bit big!

Would you say sizes are more normal than the home shirt then?

I would, still not quite matching the Macron sizes from last year but pretty close.
The home kit is a ridiculous skinny fit - I ordered XL and its smaller than the L Adidas shirts I wear playing tennis, and its a damn sight smaller than the Macron shirts (Large) from previous seasons.

Just been for a look at the shirt and I have to say, I'm not sure I even want to spend £15 on a plain one. It's not very good. Looks very cheap IMO. My previous comment of 'Decathlon own brand' is actually quite accurate.

Just been for a look at the shirt and I have to say, I'm not sure I even want to spend £15 on a plain one.

Rodders, he's bottling your "build your own kit and post a photo" challenge right at the outset.

Come on Hawkers, you're the potential trail blazer for a whole new generation of kit fanciers. Could even be adopted as our 6th kit.

Rodders, he's bottling your "build your own kit and post a photo" challenge right at the outset.

Come on Hawkers, you're the potential trail blazer for a whole new generation of kit fanciers. Could even be adopted as our 6th kit.
If the shirt was half decent I would, but unfortunately it's pretty poor quality. If you'd like to buy me a plain one though then I'll do the rest ;)

I would, still not quite matching the Macron sizes from last year but pretty close.

Why buy the kit? Do you know not know of the money that can be saved by making your own?

Whitehawk the money saving expert is going to show us how! :)

Remember that when you buy a shirt a proportion goes to the blades so making your own defeats the object of the club selling replica kits. Although I can see why people want to. Your basically paying about 30 quid for a club badge. Even if it is the best club in the world!

The black kit is horrible. It's Bristol City's from last season and definitely has the look of a last minute compromise. Thank God it will only be seen away from Bramall Lane.

Bring on a nice third kit please and chuck the recycled Bristol strip in the bin. Green, yellow, white, purple, anything but black (apart from blue obviously).

Back
Top Bottom