CONFIRMED James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No I'm beginning to think there's a problem with his medical, united may seeking a second medical opinion... or am I clutching at straws.

I am sure CW said on a video interview yesterday that the medical was done and he hoped Hanson would be ready on the bench tonight?

Maybe truth in the rumour that BCFC don't like the payment terms offered and that's stalling things a bit? Having said that, he'd hardly be at our training ground if both sides weren't totally convinced that the deal was effectively done. Hopefully mind games and Hanson's first out of the tunnel tonight (with kit on, not his tracky bot bots)

Maybe truth in the rumour that BCFC don't like the payment terms offered and that's stalling things a bit? Having said that, he'd hardly be at our training ground if both sides weren't totally convinced that the deal was effectively done. Hopefully mind games and Hanson's first out of the tunnel tonight (with kit on, not his tracky bot bots)

I think Bradford put out an official announcement though yesterday mate, that they had agreed the fee and that he was off. Like you say though who knows?

I would piss myself if he was on the team sheet tonight and Rosler wasn't expecting it :)

Apparently we've been gazumped by Burton !

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Thank God. Now we can go and get someone a bit better.

I thought Hanson potentially could have done a decent job from now until the end of the season but if you chuck a stick below the premier league you'll hit ten of him, and he'd probably only be a last 5 minute job if we got ourselves promoted.

I suspect he wasn't Wilder's first choice, or surely we would have gone in for him earlier. Perhaps there aren't any better options out there, this window.

If this is true it's pretty fucking embarrassing for us, though.

Wage and personal terms talks have broken down

Wow, we were going apeshit at the prospect, can't imagine the Burton fans would be that happy given they're a division higher (for now anyway)

Reactions: ljk
I will be dissapointing personally (if true) because I think he could have been a good assett. But if he has chosen fucking Burton over us, favouring a relegation scrap over a promotion push, then balls to him (again, if true).

Money indeed talks.

Can't lose either way.

If he joins he's different to any other striker so would definitely be an asset.
But if he goes to Burton then he's failed the personality test.
CW wants players wanting to come here not mercenaries who want an extra £1000 a week.
Remember we can do a lot more for Hansons career than what Burton can
But if he just wants the short term reward then good luck to him.
We move on to other targets.

Just what I was told, like another poster stated we would be probably swapping places anyway, but nowadays money talks.
Hmm, welcome to the forum newbie.

I've got a couple of contacts at Burton. Who told you that then, I'm sure I could dig a bit?

I'd be very suprised if Wilder has jumped the gun and spoken publicly about Hanson and what he can bring to the side etc.. without the deal been agreed. He'll look a proper wally if any of these rumours were to be true. Can't see them being so myself, it's just some mischief makers with a little too much time on their hands.

My take (guess!) is he's already signed and it will be announced when the teamsheets go in tonight, give Rosler more to think about with less time to prepare. Pretty sure that if that was our aim the club could get RS and the Stir to oblige.

If he goes to Burton instead of us then he is interested in money rather than football, and so they are welcome.

They can't be offering significantly more than us and we can offer a potentially exciting 2 or 3 years compared to the likely downward slide in an ageing Brewer's Droop!

Somebody who takes that decision hasn't got the commitment that I thought he had.

UTB

I'm waiting for the "we have no ambition" comments.

When we court potential targets we show them our ground, training facilities etc
And offer a good salary with a promise of more based on success.

It's like taking a really fit beautiful bird out for a meal and buying her little presents.
If she says "ah but I've got other irons in the fire and they buy me bigger presents"

Would you accept it and go out to buy bigger presents and take her for nicer meals etc
Or would you say " I'll tell you what if you think they are better then just f&&k off"

If Hansons gave us his word but at the 11th hour his agent starts mentioning better offers from Burton I would expect Wilder to be furious and tell the agent to choose Burton if all he's bothered about is short termism and money. Wilder won't bow down to anyone. A player needs to WANT to join us to keep the team spirit strong.

Makes you wonder if vitriol from our ex manager Clough is a motivation behind some of his targets. Remember he gazumped us when we wanted McFadzen from MK Dons.

Back
Top Bottom