Garth Crooks team of the week

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

iBlade.

Reaction score
McAtee makes team of the week but read Crooks explanation below. Free Kick? Blokes a fool

James McAtee (Sheffield United): What a goal he scored with a free-kick against Brentford - and he meant it. McAtee looked up, saw what was possible, and nailed it. What then followed was something that looked like a football team that had suddenly found it's way again. Sheffield United took the game to Brentford and won the battle.

He really is a prick isn’t he?

The way he treats teams with such disdain.

Would it be hard to actually fact check before positing such drivel.

And how hard did he try to make the overall paragraph an negative one?

United bringing back their most successful modern day manager having patched up differences with the hierarchy isn’t the least bit unfathomable. He simply must be unaware of what Wilder achieved in his time here. Or he’s a bit thick.

He should have been culled long ago. He’s like the guy in Office Space who doesn’t get the hint and still remains at the company long after they’ve done their best to get rid of him!

McAtee makes team of the week but read Crooks explanation below. Free Kick? Blokes a fool

James McAtee (Sheffield United): What a goal he scored with a free-kick against Brentford - and he meant it. McAtee looked up, saw what was possible, and nailed it. What then followed was something that looked like a football team that had suddenly found it's way again. Sheffield United took the game to Brentford and won the battle.
Yep he's a shocker. You've got morons like joey Barton saying women shouldn't be commenting on the mens game, but then the likes of Garth Crookes talking absolute shite week in and week out on the mens game. Give me Alex Scott or Emma Hayes over this guy any day of the week.

Yep he's a shocker. You've got morons like joey Barton saying women shouldn't be commenting on the mens game, but then the likes of Garth Crookes talking absolute shite week in and week out on the mens game. Give me Alex Scott or Emma Hayes over this guy any day of the week.
Punditry in general is awful no matter what they are. In fact writing and commentary for everything just seems so dreadful nowadays.

Not quite the same but im positive I heard Cooper completely forget they played Wolves when I saw his post match on MOTD this morning. Can't remember the exact quote but I'm certain he called them Fulham rather than Wolves.

He really is a prick isn’t he?

The way he treats teams with such disdain.

Would it be hard to actually fact check before positing such drivel.

And how hard did he try to make the overall paragraph an negative one?

United bringing back their most successful modern day manager having patched up differences with the hierarchy isn’t the least bit unfathomable. He simply must be unaware of what Wilder achieved in his time here. Or he’s a bit thick.

He should have been culled long ago. He’s like the guy in Office Space who doesn’t get the hint and still remains at the company long after they’ve done their best to get rid of him!
I tapped him gently on the shoulder once, asking for an autograph. It was like I'd stabbed his kids- rude, entitled bell-end.

Crazy that this features is still a thing. The guy literally only chooses defenders who have scored. Could have lost 5-1 but scored and this clown would put him in the team of the week.

Pretty sure Joey had the race demographic in line next.

Farage is going to come out of the jungle and wonder who did his work in his absence!!!

Think you are all being a bit harsh.

Over the years I've come to the realisation that basically Garth Crooks is really, really not very bright when it comes to football.

Almost to the levels of someone who has never played the game and doesn't understand it. Yet somehow he did.

I read it last night and had the same reaction, but to give him the tiniest sliver of credit I think he means no one was closing him down "free" "kick"?

Still terrible writing but surely he can't be that much of an idiot to watch the highlights and see thar if it was a free kick, Brentford have tried some new fangled players all over the box wall...

He just comes across as someone who is extremely lazy and cannot be bothered to put an ounce of effort into his job by doing the basic overview of the weekends events. He just looks at the scores and scorers on his phone app and jots a few names down from who scored in those games. Job done with minimal effort. He probably does it from his villa in Spain somewhere and it takes him 5 minutes whilst he sits on the bog Sunday morning. To top it off, he then he gets paid for it by the BBC (who if a private company would have been bankrupt years ago for their very poor servuce they pricide for the money) for such sterling work and 'effort'.

As others have alluded to, I think most of us are aware of why he remains in his 'job' after being absolutely dreadful at it for so long. To the point everyone knows about it and just shakes their head in disbelief. I bet even he knows it but is happy to take the coin on offer whilst feeling smug.

I suppose you could say he's not daft if he's still getting away with the getting paid for minimal effort routine, but that just tells me and anyone else that he's a lazy twat who doesn't really have any respect for himself or others.

Still on the plus side, his opinion doesn't matter one iota as no one listens to him. If he rocked up to me at the bar in a pub and wanted to talk football, I'd find an excuse and fuck off to the other bar instead.

About as relevant as a Danny Mills TOTW or a Chris Sutton one.

Ex pros with overly inflated opinions that are, honestly, behind the times.

UTB

It's been edited

1702289075959.png

I don't give two fkrs what he thinks about us going back down.
I've resigned myself to accepting that,all I want from the rest of the season is that we at least try....
Performances like the last two games,win,lose or draw will do me.
We can regroup for next season and get back to being like the Blades I love.

He has pretty much being out of the game for 23 years in terms of playing. I would rather have actually journos or fans that have an understanding of the game than "just because you played" pundits. Gender doesn't bother me either as long as you are able to make a valuable contribution or write a decent article.

Garth Brookes is to football punditry what Rebel Wilson is to hang gliding

Poor, lazy comment.
There's plenty of terrible white male pundits.
I have to agree. That kind of comment feeds prejudice. It's the old you have to be twice as good as your white counterparts to get the same recognition. There are a number of pundits who quite frankly spout nonsense. He is one of a fair few, who in my opinion are stealing a wage. Got sweeet FA to do with his colour or ethnicity. The BBC is nowhere near as woke as some of you think. Just ask Naga Munchetty.

Punditry in general is awful no matter what they are. In fact writing and commentary for everything just seems so dreadful nowadays.

Not quite the same but im positive I heard Cooper completely forget they played Wolves when I saw his post match on MOTD this morning. Can't remember the exact quote but I'm certain he called them Fulham rather than Wolves.
The delirium of a dead man walking.

Crooks by name.
Crook by nature.

God he’s a bloody dinosaur, stupidsorus

Edit. Crookes.

Fucking auto cue
Edited and still wrong ken 🙂

Done these before but two Garth titbits

1. He has a broad Potteries accent and had elocution lessons to try and get rid of it. that wasn’t entirely successful and the result is that he sounds arrogant (which he may well be anyway).

2. I heard this from somebody whose claim to fame was that he impregnated Garth’s sister and she told him 🙂

About as relevant as a Danny Mills TOTW or a Chris Sutton one.

Ex pros with overly inflated opinions that are, honestly, behind the times.

UTB
Chris sutton funny as fuck dude, he's just a wind up merchant and people take the bait constantly on 606

Back
Top Bottom