They played for the Blades, but had relatives who played elsewhere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Colin Morris and son Lee morris

Lee Morris also played for Derby. I can remember going to Derby years ago when he was playing there and work paid for me to stay in the Derby Midland hotel and Colin Morris was also staying there. I don’t know what it’s like nowadays but it used to be one of the top hotels in the country.

Mate , you won't get in the derby midland hotel or any of the 4 hotels around midland Road and London road all two minutes from the station.
None are open to the public , they house asylum seekers all 4.
Aston Court Hotel opposite the station has serious issues if trouble from them , I have an ex work mate who works there now on maintenance and the stories he tells me are unreal.
The one I see down here all the time is Dean Saunders ex blade and derby he's always around the area I live.

The Gannons. Jim was in our reserves but went on to have a great career at Stockport County (and manage them I think).

Bjorn Riise and his brother John Arnold Riise

David Johnson and his son Bummer Johnson.

Tony Battersby and his father Les.

The Quinn Bros of course Alan, Stephen, and I think was there a third one called Rory or something.

• James McAtee- brother John currently at Barnsley on loan from Luton, not forgetting his great-grandad Alan Ball senior and great-uncle Alan junior
  • Alan Kelly- dad Alan senior is a PNE legend, his brother Gary played once for the Blades but is better known for his spells at Bury and Oldham
  • Carl Bradshaw- brother Darren had a stint at Newcastle
  • Tommy Doyle- grandads Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe were Citeh legends
  • Dean Windass- son Josh currently playing for that lot when he isn't injured
  • Danny Cadamarteri- son Bailey-Jay also playing for that lot
  • Ethan Ampadu- dad Kwame played for Exeter
  • Eddie Colquhoun- grandson Ben Wiles currently at Udders (ex-Rovrum), Ben's brother Alex plays for a non-league side (name escapes me but he scored in the first round of the FA Cup)
  • Tony Currie- nephew Darren was on schoolboy forms with the Blades but played his senior football mostly at Barnet and Wycombe

I read recently that Harry Boyes had a great-grandad who was capped for England but I'm not certain of this.

I remember it was reported several times when we signed him that Jon-Paul McGovern was the son of Forest legend John, but according to Silent Blade this is not the case!
We had the ward triplets , Mitch , Jamie and Ashley and their dad also sponsored the shirt at one point

Jan Åge Fjørtoft's son Markus played for a few clubs in Scotland. Jan Åge's dad refereed a few matches I played in as a youngster.

Back
Top Bottom