CONFIRMED James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What about Ebanks? Bash am will always be the one to drop out but Ebanks has been rubbish of late.

But Jack-Wright-Ebanks is tried and tested and proved immense during our big run, i agree he's been sloppy but for me i'd go back to that 3 tonight.

We were only playing Gillingham and Walsall last 2 games (no disrespect to either) but we've conceded 6 in those two and have won neither, if you think we don't need to sort out our defence then your on cloud cuckoo land!

I'm not on cloud cuckoo land.
We are about to play Fleetwood at home and your suggestion is to bring a defender back. Yes we conceded 2 on Saturday but how many chances did we miss.
Convert a bigger percentage of chances created problem solved.
Dropping Basham for Wright would restrict Wilder's option of changing the system.
We are at home and should not be fearing anyone in this division.
Away from home then maybe bring Wright back.

I hope not,
Didn't stop us with Leon Britton in the team though did it ?

Sent back to Swansea with a crick in his neck
think you might find wilder and Blackwell are very different managers .no hoof with chris

We are about to play Fleetwood at home and your suggestion is to bring a defender back. Yes we conceded 2 on Saturday but how many chances did we miss.
Dropping Basham for Wright would restrict Wilder's option of changing the system.

Gillingham are 17th in the table and they scored twice against us, at home, we were poor defensiveley, Fleetwood sit 4th in our division only 4pts off 3rd place,we defend like that tonight we get beat, it's as simple as that! Where your logic is in saying just convert more chances is beyond me, convert as many as you want but defend like we have recently then we won't win games of football!

We still scored 2 goals, it's unrealistic to expect us to score 3, 4 or 5 goals every match, so in the matches where the goals aren't flowing the defence have to do their job in order to secure the 3 points.

This signing seems to be taking its time

All indications were it was a done deal

No confirmation anywhere of his signature?

You never know. When another team finds out you're signing another striker and no longer after theirs, you might come back to us and strike a deal...

He's probably starting tonight & the Blades are leaving confirming the signing until the very last moment, I'm sure Warnock did this one or two times

He's probably starting tonight & the Blades are leaving confirming the signing until the very last moment, I'm sure Warnock did this one or two times

I've still got my fingers cross that an 11th hour bid from another club has come in and he's off elsewhere.

Gillingham are 17th in the table and they scored twice against us, at home, we were poor defensiveley, Fleetwood sit 4th in our division only 4pts off 3rd place,we defend like that tonight we get beat, it's as simple as that! Where your logic is in saying just convert more chances is beyond me, convert as many as you want but defend like we have recently then we won't win games of football!

Totally disagree, your comment makes no sense if taken literally.

Winning isn't about having a good defence it's simply about scoring more than we concede.
So on Saturday we could afford to concede 4 goals, if the team score 5 goals.
Tonight we could concede 3 against Fleetwood but if we score 4 goals the it's recorded as a win.

Our defenders restricted Gillingham to 1 corner and only 2 shots on target.
At league 1 level normally those stats result in a clean sheet.
Apart from the Walsall match our goalie hardly has anything to do, so the defence are doing something right.

Where as we are averaging almost 15 corners every home match and we create about 10 half chances every match with numerous goal mouth scrambles.

No wonder Wilder is frustrated, that level of domination should result in a few 4 and 5 nil wins.
Wilder correctly said we can't blame bad luck as it's happening every week.

Wilder has us set up attack minded so inevitably we'll always be vulnerable to the counter attack.
Maybe our fans want us to revert to Clough tactics and do a bit of 1st half sparring with Fleetwood keeping it 0-0 at half time, then we sneak a 1-0 the sit back and defend making sure our defence is well protected

Appreciate that sometimes it's good to do a Bolton and win ugly
But we have players that if given the freedom to express themselves will win most matches playing entertaining football but of course occasionally we'll be caught out for being too postive.

Last edited:
Dunno if previously posted (*lazy) but interesting read here on Hanson:

https://widthofapost.com/2017/01/21...life-without-james-hanson-with-battling-draw/

"WOAP understands the deal is not yet agreed between the two clubs, and that the proposed structure of paying the transfer fee may ultimately cause Bradford City to walk away."

"Hanson will never be a great goalscorer, but he continues to be a match winner on his day – see Wimbledon away and Northampton home this season. It’s a lot to lose. The club needs to think very, very carefully about this one."

"He has become, in my opinion, more useful defending set pieces in our box of late than an effective striker. Maybe there’s a potential new role for him in defence…Joe Cooke springs to mind."

"Well reading all its fair to say James Hanson will not pass medical at Sheffield United.. he’s finished… 8 years of staggering service for £7500 … he’s had issues with injuries this season no question but the way he plays and the thin based squads we’ve had at valley parade over the year’s maybe that’s had something to do with it."

No I'm beginning to think there's a problem with his medical, united may seeking a second medical opinion... or am I clutching at straws.

No I'm beginning to think there's a problem with his medical, united may seeking a second medical opinion... or am I clutching at straws.

It would explain the delay.
There's something going on behind the scenes.
Where's Sunji Hi when you need his ITK latest update?

It would explain the delay.
There's something going on behind the scenes.
Where's Sunji Hi when you need his ITK latest update?

...perhaps we're trying to get them to take McNuts back! :eek:

Totally disagree, your comment makes no sense if taken literally.

Winning isn't about having a good defence it's simply about scoring more than we concede.
So on Saturday we could afford to concede 4 goals, if the team score 5 goals.
Tonight we could concede 3 against Fleetwood but if we score 4 goals the it's recorded as a win.

Our defenders restricted Gillingham to 1 corner and only 2 shots on target.
At league 1 level normally those stats result in a clean sheet.
Apart from the Walsall match our goalie hardly has anything to do, so the defence are doing something right.

Where as we are averaging almost 15 corners every home match and we create about 10 half chances every match with numerous goal mouth scrambles.

No wonder Wilder is frustrated, that level of domination should result in a few 4 and 5 nil wins.
Wilder correctly said we can't blame bad luck as it's happening every week.

Wilder has us set up attack minded so inevitably we'll always be vulnerable to the counter attack.
Maybe our fans want us to revert to Clough tactics and do a bit of 1st half sparring with Fleetwood keeping it 0-0 at half time, then we sneak a 1-0 the sit back and defend making sure our defence is well protected

Appreciate that sometimes it's good to do a Bolton and win ugly
But we have players that if given the freedom to express themselves will win most matches playing entertaining football but of course occasionally we'll be caught out for being too postive.

Absoluteley nothing to do with being too positive, the goals we've conceded recently are entireley down to defensive mistakes hence the reson for a bit of a tweak tonight and get back winning at all costs. Do Bayern, Real, Barca, City etc convert every chance they create? It's just an absoluteley absurd comment to say we should be converting a huge percentage of our chances to make sure we score 3 or four or 5 because we may concede 2,3,4! We've not done it all season so why now decide "lets just try n outscore them and don't worry about defending" in football if you can't defend you will concede goals and you cannot outscore your opponents week in week out in 4-3 thrillers, it's impossible. Make a couple of changes, play with the same positivity and we'll win the game to 0 or 1!

Back
Top Bottom