16/17 Season Finish Predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

16/17 Season Finish Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gone for fourth, don't think the defense has enough to keep clean sheets to trouble the top two.

i've got you for a 'conservative' 4th as i'm scared to jinx any higher a prediction!
14.gif

5th.

As it stands we don't have goals coming from midfield. Basham isn't good enough in the middle of the park by a long stretch. Wilson and O'Connell at centre half is awfully raw, lacks experience, and they have a low on confidence (and ability) George Long behind them. We have enough fire power to get us out of trouble in a lot of games though, so we'll be there or there abouts, I just worry about us going with a 4-4-2, think it'll take us a while to find our feet.

Your hatred of McCabe means more to you than United.

It's not hatred. I reserve hatred for more deserving targets, like Jihadists, paedophiles and possibly (in a minor fashion) pig fans.

My problem with him is that he has presided over a failing brand, and as the situation worsens under his stewardship, he is apt to blame every other fucking aspect, rather than himself. I sympathise that he has very possibly shoved a shitload of cash into the club, but in honesty (and honesty is a problem with him) the road to our current situation is bestrewn with his fuck ups. He can't even lie in a dignified manner, and his agents ... Wilson, Wier, Robson, Adkins (and possibly Wilder next year) et al are all just patsies which eventually the supporters (the revenue income) are seduced into agreeing with as the cause of the failure.

United means everything to me in football. Their success, or rise back to a level where my expectations lie, and their current capability are two entirely different things, thanks to McCabe. We should be discussing a challenge for Championship playoffs right now, rather than musing are we good enough to even scrape the playoffs in the third division.

pommpey

Gone for 6th as I think we are 3 or 4 players off being a team that have a decent shout at making the top two. Better than last seasons team? yes slightly and the squad is much leaner but not quite there just yet. I think we will have a good season and even if we don't make the top two we will not be way off the pace like last season.

I'm going for 5th (though a lot could depend on incomings/outgoings before the end of the transfer window).

I think Wilder is the right man (as far as we can know) and by and large I think his transfer approach has been correct, but I have some concerns about our defence and also our lack of width. It worries me that we have very few players who can beat a man - one of those is Che but I'm resigned to losing him.

Can't see it being an especially strong division again, so if you can get on a run and keep it tight then you've got every chance.

Anyway, who knows! Last year I was convinced we would go up automatically!

think it's too early for this thread, just a question of do you think wilder will get the key players in before the end of the window.
I think he will so have gone for 2nd however if it's a question of where the current squad would finish I'd say 6th or 7th.

think it's too early for this thread, just a question of do you think wilder will get the key players in before the end of the window.
I think he will so have gone for 2nd however if it's a question of where the current squad would finish I'd say 6th or 7th.

"Can't change your vote for those who wish to wait for any new players to sign."

"This poll will close on Sep 3, 2016 at 7:51 PM."

I've voted 1st and I regret it already.

My heart says 1st, my head says 3rd, 15 or so points clear of 4th, beaten Wembley finalists

Can't help but shake the feeling we'll fuck it up in the final stretch, tis better to have a bad patch in the middle of the season. In that case I'm hoping it's coming!
Think we might have already had our bad patch, here's hoping anyway.

1st this year - I think the last itme I said this was Clough's 2nd season and that was the only time I've said it in this division.

Only concerns for me are

1 Goalkeeper- c'mon George prove me wrong
2 strength of squad depth - I think this might be a problem for everyone given the new loan rules
I don't want to say I told you so but...

tufty just replaced GL
no suspensions (1 actually) and hardly any serious injuries made my second concern irrelevant. Fucking good me like.

Back
Top Bottom