When did you leave the game? (AKA how big a Blade are you?)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When did you leave the game? (AKA how big a Blade are you?)

• Total voters

Bladepicker

Paul Coutts Fan Club Founder Member
Reaction score
So time to confess - when did you go? I went at 4.

How big a blade you are can be viewed in the handy results table below:

Had a ticket but didn't even go - Absolute shysters the lot of you. A chance to go to BDTBL under the Saturday night lights and you choose to stay in the pub or even worse, at home in the warmth and comfort of your own home.
Bladey Blade scale = Jerome Sinclair

0-1 - Either you're Nostrdamus or you went for a piss and it was three nil by the time you came out of the bogs so you thought fuck it and went home. You made it here at least but a poor showing with little love for our heroes in the Red and the White.
Bladey Blade Scale = Barry Hayles

0-2 - Was it the ease at which that through ball to Watkins cut us open that did for you at this stage? Did you not remember our brave, herculean effort to comeback from 2 nil against Brighton before they dicked us for 5 the week before? Be ashamed - Shoutbox privileges should be removed Foxy for such blatant S2 hatred.
Bladey Blade Scale = Danny Cullip

0-3 - The moment of the first mass exodus as seen on the TV for those who selected the above options. It was only 3 - we've come back form worse - to go at this stage shows you have the heart and fight of Anel Ahmedhodzic. All owners of the early 90's lace up collar kit should be made to hand them back in.
Bladey Blade Scale = Tommy Mooney

0-4 - Ok so we've shipped four goals by the half hour mark, we've shown zero fight or determination; wilder hasn't done anything to change the gaping holes in midfield and at the back and it has a feel of Newcastle all over again but there's over half the game left and you are making us look an even bigger laughing stock by walking out now. You've done so well to sit through the half hour of dread but then you go and throw away all your bladey credentials and actually embarrass us on national TV just as much as that back 5.
Bladey Blade Scale = David Unsworth

0-5 - Why? You've sat through all that and you choose the 5th as your point to leave? What about those poor subs who came on and battled out a 0-0 for the rest of the 90? Did they not deserve your support to the end? You could easily have been Blades legends but you threw it all away and you actively hate the club now don't you? Unbelieveable.
Bladey Blade Scale = Nathan Blake

Stayed to the end - Bravo - you are the Blades we all aspire to be. Forget those who were at Port Vale or anyone who went to Stevenage away - you are the true Blayards out there. Deserve 10,000 loyalty points and a lunch with the Prince (or at the very least an interview). You absolute sado-masochists you.
Bladey Blade Scale = If scientists could spawn a baby with the genes of Billy Sharp, Bob Booker, Jimmy Hagan, TC and BTL then that's you that is. There's no bigger Blade than you Seth.

Living where I live it's impossible to get to the Lane. I watch all games on a firestick. It buffered and went off at 2 nil. When I got it back on it was 3 nil. That's when I switched off and poured a large brandy.
Hope this helps.

I "watched" from home but chose to grill some burgers on the bbq in the first half. Watched a little bit before turning off from 50-85 mins. Managed to catch Souza's goal which cheered me up for a few seconds.

I went at half time.

I stayed til the end against Newcastle, Brighton, and at Burnley this season but enough is enough

Only the second time in over 50 yrs that I've left a game early by choice, the other being at Fulham on 15/04/2000 when I think we were four down and I was stood in pouring rain on the open end.

By leaving early I got a much more convenient train and was home an hour and a half earlier than it would have been if I'd stayed til the end.

1st time in 26 yrs for me that i chose to leave early it was reluctantly as peer pressured into it & i did cowards thing, left at half time because i thought when the adverts were on & theyve already gone down the tunnel. it was less hurtful. although when i got home i still watched the last half hour on sky sports

it was weird as i had felt very guilty for leaving early, almost made the result worse as if id abandoned them when they most needed the support & strangely i might not do it again. sit & suffer.

Left when they ruled our goal out… couldn’t stay a moment longer after that!

Left at half time against Newcastle though so felt obliged to stick it out this time 🥲

Dont think the votes paint a true picture at the mo. After half time John Street looked half empty Kop maybe a third had gone and South Stand maybe half empty. Owner and board need reminding you can put up with shit for so long. We all want the best for the club but this season is taking the piss!

Should be a category for those who left thinking it was going to be double figures then later found out it was a mere 0-5 defeat (so just a day in the life of score) and then felt guilty and wished they had stayed.

I refused to watch it, as it wasn't available in Ultra HD and my cushions on the sofa weren't plumped up properly. When I found out the score at HT, I just sauntered into the kitchen and started eating a sandwich.
A sandwich!!! How very dare you.

Went for a piss with ten minutes to go, watched the TV on the concourse until VAR overturned our goal then left.

Stayed to the bitter end- never for one second did I think the players weren't trying - they were giving it 100%.

All the daft shouts about get 'stuck in ' etc were exactly that 'daft'.

The quality gulf between Villa and us was immense - Villa team is worth over 500 million- ours if we were lucky 50 million.

I enjoyed the 'Hurrahs'' after every pass in second half- I enjoyed Vinni's goal, I enjoyed Robbo's attitude.

Didn't enjoy losing 5-0 but didn't think needed to show the players disrepect by fucking off. They tried but were found wanting - plain as anything- NOT THEIR FAULT.

Had a ticket but didn't even go - Absolute shysters the lot of you. A chance to go to BDTBL under the Saturday night lights and you choose to stay in the pub or even worse, at home in the warmth and comfort of your own home.

0-1 - Either you're Nostrdamus or you went for a piss and it was three nil by the time you came out of the bogs so you thought fuck it and went home. You made it here at least but a poor showing with little love for our heroes in the Red and the White.

0-2 - Was it the ease at which that through ball to Watkins cut us open that did for you at this stage? Did you not remember our brave, herculean effort to comeback from 2 nil against Brighton before they dicked us for 5 the week before? Be ashamed - Shoutbox privileges should be removed Foxy for such blatant S2 hatred.

0-3 - The moment of the first mass exodus as seen on the TV for those who selected the above options. It was only 3 - we've come back form worse - to go at this stage shows you have the heart and fight of Anel Ahmedhodzic. All owners of the early 90's lace up collar kit should be made to hand them back in.

0-4 - Ok so we've shipped four goals by the half hour mark, we've shown zero fight or determination; wilder hasn't done anything to change the gaping holes in midfield and at the back and it has a feel of Newcastle all over again but there's over half the game left and you are making us look an even bigger laughing stock by walking out now. You've done so well to sit through the half hour of dread but then you go and throw away all your bladey credentials and actually embarrass us on national TV just as much as that back 5.

0-5 - Why? You've sat through all that and you choose the 5th as your point to leave? What about those poor subs who came on and battled out a 0-0 for the rest of the 90? Did they not deserve your support to the end? You could easily have been Blades legends but you threw it all away and you actively hate the club now don't you? Unbelieveable.

Stayed to the end - Bravo - you are the Blades we all aspire to be. Forget those who were at Port Vale or anyone who went to Stevenage away - you are the true Blayards out there. Deserve 10,000 loyalty points and a lunch with the Prince (or at the very least an interview). You absolute sado-masochists you.
Bladey Blade Scale = If scientists could spawn a baby with the genes of Billy Sharp, Bob Booker, Jimmy Hagan, TC and BTL then that's you that is. There's no bigger Blade than you Seth.
You’ve missed a category there pal, loads left at half time.

You’ve missed a category there pal, loads left at half time.
I believe that has you firmly as David Unsworth. You can't get away with sneaking out at half time, it was 4 nowt at that stage and that is the sword thou shall die on 😁

Reactions: NAP
I believe that has you firmly as David Unsworth. You can't get away with sneaking out at half time, it was 4 nowt at that stage and that is the sword thou shall die on 😁
I left at the final whistle but there were loads near me who went for a half time piss, thought about it , and walked out. Do you get extra points if you didn’t join in the sarcastic oles when we were passing it around At 0-5?

Left when our goal was ruled out , mainly due to parking near waitrose and not wanting to bump into any villa fans, must confess joined in with the oles and were going to win 6-5

Has it occurred to you that a 5.30 k/o on a Saturday is not realistically achievable for some S/T holders ? We don’t all live in the Sheffield area or have work commitments that don’t clash.

Stayed to the end. Because I'm a massive Blade in more ways than one. Enormous

And just to justify turning up in the first place really. And so I didn't have to watch the highlights to see anything of note because I knew I wouldn't bother. I also think that once you make it to around 70 mins in those circumstances, you might as well see it through

I then enthusiastically applauded every one of my heroes off the pitch, but only after running onto it to lick their boots

My wife saw I was punishing myself again by watching us on tv, she actually said
"at what point today are you going to be calling the players a bunch of useless cunts and start banging your fist on the sofa"
The answer to this was 16 minutes in.

I refused to watch it, as it wasn't available in Ultra HD and my cushions on the sofa weren't plumped up properly. When I found out the score at HT, I just sauntered into the kitchen and started eating a sandwich.
I hope King Chris didn't ring thee up did he..?...?

Back
Top Bottom