When did you leave the game? (AKA how big a Blade are you?)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When did you leave the game? (AKA how big a Blade are you?)

• Total voters
I went after VAR took 5 minutes to rule out a goal that was irrelevant, no pressure on the decision, game was done, but still took forever to decide it wasn't a goal. At that point I took all my frustrations of United being utter wank out on VAR and went on a foulmouthed rant to anyone who would listen or in my vicinity. Then legged it out the ground sprinting past the away end so I didn't have to listen to any celebratory noise from Villa, all the time wondering why I'm so emotionally invested in something that more often than not makes me unhappy. I then stayed away from football/social media for 24+ hours then woke up this morning thinking about beating Luton. I need help.

Has it occurred to you that a 5.30 k/o on a Saturday is not realistically achievable for some S/T holders ? We don’t all live in the Sheffield area or have work commitments that don’t clash.
Don't bother renewing would be my advice..... :)

Wait all summer then sell your 2 best players a week before the season starts then expect the worse .
The recruitment is shit the boardroom is shit. The club take advantage of 30k plus blades everyweek.
The skint Prince is the reason we are in this mess. He bought the club to sell.
Funny he attended the West brom home game last season the promotion game .
Some of us are not bumming the Prince.

So time to confess - when did you go? I went at 4.

How big a blade you are can be viewed in the handy results table below:

Had a ticket but didn't even go - Absolute shysters the lot of you. A chance to go to BDTBL under the Saturday night lights and you choose to stay in the pub or even worse, at home in the warmth and comfort of your own home.
Bladey Blade scale = Jerome Sinclair

0-1 - Either you're Nostrdamus or you went for a piss and it was three nil by the time you came out of the bogs so you thought fuck it and went home. You made it here at least but a poor showing with little love for our heroes in the Red and the White.
Bladey Blade Scale = Barry Hayles

0-2 - Was it the ease at which that through ball to Watkins cut us open that did for you at this stage? Did you not remember our brave, herculean effort to comeback from 2 nil against Brighton before they dicked us for 5 the week before? Be ashamed - Shoutbox privileges should be removed Foxy for such blatant S2 hatred.
Bladey Blade Scale = Danny Cullip

0-3 - The moment of the first mass exodus as seen on the TV for those who selected the above options. It was only 3 - we've come back form worse - to go at this stage shows you have the heart and fight of Anel Ahmedhodzic. All owners of the early 90's lace up collar kit should be made to hand them back in.
Bladey Blade Scale = Tommy Mooney

0-4 - Ok so we've shipped four goals by the half hour mark, we've shown zero fight or determination; wilder hasn't done anything to change the gaping holes in midfield and at the back and it has a feel of Newcastle all over again but there's over half the game left and you are making us look an even bigger laughing stock by walking out now. You've done so well to sit through the half hour of dread but then you go and throw away all your bladey credentials and actually embarrass us on national TV just as much as that back 5.
Bladey Blade Scale = David Unsworth

0-5 - Why? You've sat through all that and you choose the 5th as your point to leave? What about those poor subs who came on and battled out a 0-0 for the rest of the 90? Did they not deserve your support to the end? You could easily have been Blades legends but you threw it all away and you actively hate the club now don't you? Unbelieveable.
Bladey Blade Scale = Nathan Blake

Stayed to the end - Bravo - you are the Blades we all aspire to be. Forget those who were at Port Vale or anyone who went to Stevenage away - you are the true Blayards out there. Deserve 10,000 loyalty points and a lunch with the Prince (or at the very least an interview). You absolute sado-masochists you.
Bladey Blade Scale = If scientists could spawn a baby with the genes of Billy Sharp, Bob Booker, Jimmy Hagan, TC and BTL then that's you that is. There's no bigger Blade than you Seth.
Wonderful analysis but if I were critical I’d say you’ve missed one category: half time leavers. It was 0-4 and just had enough but painfully took it to half time before leaving to make it feel more like a sneak out

Left about 60th minute. First time I’ve ever left early. Done every game this season but motivation is wearing thin. Anyway, see you at Luton 👍⚔️

A few seconds after it went 4-0. Wanted to go at 3-0 but thought I'd try and stick it until at least half time.

Like many round me I was debating at half time in my head whether I'd leave at 5 or 6.
When the fifth went in I was primed to exit as soon as they hit six.
Actually left as I saw us hit the back of the net in the last minute thinking, ah well, least I saw the goal.
Heard the booing as I walked down the Kop steps and just knew we were getting the wrong side of VAR.

Stayed until the end - enjoyed the "cheers" on every pass when we resembled a football team for 5 minutes near the end (Funnily Ben Osborn key to that passage of actual football breaking out)

Enjoyed what was actually a really nicely worked goal for Souza - let out an exasperated laugh as did most of the ground (those of us that were left) when it was inevitably ruled out.

Enjoyed Tom Davies stupid haircut

I stayed over night so would have stayed until the end; however I left at 75 minutes because everyone round me had gone I was bladdy freezing and it transpired that I was coming down with a chest infection.

I stayed until the end. The only reason I didn't leave early was that I thought it could be a top-flight record score/defeat and I wanted to be able to say "I was there" in the same way I can say it for:

• Deane and Agana hatrick in the same game
  • That Seaman save
  • Battle of Bramall Lane
  • The Arsenal Kanu "goal" and replay
  • The Swindon 5-5, in fact all playoff debacles

But fuck me we couldn't even manage that.

Just watched the whole game, altho some point I wanted to give up..
The games are very different from last season and it has started to feel when watching the games.. Just wondering how does it feel for the players?

Season ticket holder and decided to spend the day in the boozer instead.
Having said that if I would’ve gone to the game, I would’ve walked out at half time

Season ticket ..thought to myself 'do I want a 2 hour drive up, a battering (probably) and a 2 hour drive home and that's if they don't close the A1/M1 for roadworks /or the radio and a nice single malt...just call me richeee Jerome sinclair

Stayed to the end - Bravo - you are the Blades we all aspire to be. Forget those who were at Port Vale or anyone who went to Stevenage away - you are the true Blayards out ther

What if you are lucky enough to have all three of the above?

Couldn't go cos I had to work. Stayed till the whistle against Newcastle. Would have stayed till the end I suspect. I've seen much worse United teams than this one, the difference is the quality of the teams we're up against.

60 mins, I was going to leave at HT but I gave it a while to let some of the crowd disperse

Back
Top Bottom